ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Mets Season

You posted "lose both catchers on the same day," and you tell someone to relax when they tell you you were wrong that Plawecki was lost? I was on a phone conference and had the game on mute, and it was jarring to see that Plawecki may have been "lost."
No harm, no foul. It all worked out.
Unfortunately, I wasn't wrong.

Going forwards like right now, the Mets should try to acquire Wilson Ramos; Blake Swihart or Devin Mesoraco and / or sign Miguel Montero off waivers. Lobaton and Nido can't cut it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
With a lot of names being thrown around on who to trade for a catcher, I hope they don't trade Gsellman. He reminds me of Rick Aguilera,a decent starter, with a heavy sinker and very good fastball. The Twins decided to try him as a closer and he blossomed into a great one.

Last edited:
He had 4 good innings and melted down in the 5th, getting one out. His 3 earned runs over 5.1 is a 5.06 ERA.

Unfortunately, I wasn't wrong.

Going forwards like right now, the Mets should try to acquire Wilson Ramos; Blake Swihart or Devin Mesoraco and / or sign Miguel Montero off waivers. Lobaton and Nido can't cut it.

Swihart is terrible.

With a lot of names being thrown around on who to trade for a catcher, I hope they don't trade Gsellman. He reminds me of Rick Aguilera,a decent starter, with a heavy sinker and very good fastball. The Twins decided to try him as a closer and he blossomed into a great one.
Was thinking the same thing about Gsellman. This dude screams closer.

The amazing thing about this run by the Mets- we only have one guy on offense that has been hot A Cabrara and the bullpen. Andboth were thought to be weak spots this year. We don’t have speed but love how these guys play hard and aggressive, even have Cespedes running out infield hits.
Imagine what this team has potential for if starters get hot and our other offensive guys get on track.

Nice comparison......

The two catchers on the dl wherent providing a lot of offense and couldn't throw base runners out.

We don't have the assets for Realmuto. Don't think Swihart would cost much as he's the 3rd string C in Boston and I believe fairly young (mid to upper 20's).....
Swihart barely even catches anymore. Don't see how he is a better option than Nido. He's just a name people have heard of.

Reactions: Zak57
I wouldn't trade Gsellman or Lugo for anyone right now since you know one of the starters will go down soon enough. Plus it looks like they found their niche in the pen for now.

Wonder what it would take to get Tom Murphy out in Colorado. Looks like his bat was going to be play but he doesn't get time. If we just wait the month for Plawecki then I hope Nido gets 70% of the starts at C.

Last edited:
Ron Hodges must be available. He played about 15 years in the Majors and maybe averaged 50 AB's a year...not much wear and tear for him...:)

It's funny, but you start following some odd teams on MLB due to circumstances. As a Cubs fan, I felt like I knew the Brewers just as much as I did my own team last year. Living in this area, I have to catch all the Mets and Yankees games locally. Love listening to Darling and Hernandez.
Hmmm, I love Keith,and Ron too. But, for other reasons as you guys! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He had 4 good innings and melted down in the 5th, getting one out. His 3 earned runs over 5.1 is a 5.06 ERA.
No he got one out in the 6th. You clearly don’t know what 5.1 innings means, he pitched fine. Not a great outing but his era was 2.50 in his first 2 starts since u seem to care so much about that stat

Reactions: Knight Shift
Don't forget Nimmo.
0723a8b3531000686156716961b80444.jpg

This kid needs to play everyday. Would love to see Bruce move to 1st and an OF of Nimmo, Conforto and Cespedes with Lagares against lefties and as a defensive replacement.
Winning streaks get people crazy. He is fine in his role right now. Bruce, Cespedes and Conforto is a very good everyday outfield.

Ouch. Oh, and I would have simply posted in the Mets thread about tonight's total and complete collapse, but apparently I'm banned from their little safe space.

Update: I created a new thread since I was banned from this one and it was moved here. I can edit this post but can't reply in the actual thread. Absolutely bizarre. Are you guys really that afraid of Mets critics to ban them from your little thread? Come on...

Anyway, nice job firing up Bryce Harper tonight by booing him. He really embarrassed you, didn't he?

Last edited:
Ouch. Oh, and I would have simply posted in the Mets thread about tonight's total and complete collapse, but apparently I'm banned from their little safe space.

Update: I created a new thread since I was banned from this one and it was moved here. I can edit this post but can't reply in the actual thread. Absolutely bizarre. Are you guys really that afraid of Mets critics to ban them from your little thread? Come on...

Anyway, nice job firing up Bryce Harper tonight by booing him. He really embarrassed you, didn't he?

Who's your team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT