ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With same context, Degrom has 6 rbi s in 33 abs with same guys batting ahead of him and Mets never hit for him. Guillerme up now - hopefully he ll get an rbi.
Actually, Guillorme and Nido hit in front of deGrom. The chances of deGrom driving in a run are higher since Guillorme and Nido get on base more often than McCann or Villar.

Reactions: tico brown
With deGrom and other situations, maybe they are being cautious.im some cases. Recall that Stroman gave a no comment about being pulled. But yesterday during AM radio broadcast, there was an extended discussion about Walker's longevity in terms of IP for season. Best guess is Hill was fresh and good for 6, but Stroman and Walker need to be preserved.
I never had the impression the Mets knew how to approach this season with their staff. I think Rojas is still learning to be a big-league manager and last (short) season threw this season out of whack. This has led to some head-scratching moves, which has created some angst among us.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I never had the impression the Mets knew how to approach this season with their staff. I think Rojas is still learning to be a big-league manager and last (short) season threw this season out of whack. This has led to some head-scratching moves, which has created some angst among us.
Considering the injuries and the status of the pitching staff, the fact that the Mets continue to be in first place indicates that the overall body of work by Rojas is excellent. Does he make calls that can be questioned? All managers do. See Girardi and Boone. Should the Mets swap with one of them?

Considering the injuries and the status of the pitching staff, the fact that the Mets continue to be in first place indicates that the overall body of work by Rojas is excellent. Does he make calls that can be questioned? All managers do. See Girardi and Boone Should the Mets swap with one of them?
Wondering what Girardi would’ve done with all of these injuries. At least Boone went through the same thing couple years ago. People here commenting like the Mets are doing the complete opposite of everything Rojas does lol.

Good news! McNeil thinks he a go for tomorrow’s games - at least 1 of them I would presume.

I had McNeil written off to injury (aka leg fatigue), so no expectation to bat him in the 6th or otherwise

Last edited:
No props to Rojas for his decision to pitch hit McNeil for Nido in the sixth?

If it hadn't worked, and if the game had ended with Blankenhorn or Drury striking out, this board's reaction to "wasting" McNeil in the sixth would have been predictable.
I disagree. You have to chance to break the game open - go for it! Had no problem using MCNeil there - hit or otherwise. Plus a terrific hitter like MCNeil knows a lousy pitcher that Barnes is. Big Advantage = Mets with MCNeil up.

Actually, Guillorme and Nido hit in front of deGrom. The chances of deGrom driving in a run are higher since Guillorme and Nido get on base more often than McCann or Villar.
Nice debate but Guillorme and Nido are backups and the amount of ab s they have had with degrom pitching are quite minimal. If you have Guilkorme and Nido in your lineup consistently - offensive production will be quite limited and hence why they are mediocre players as they are very limited offensively

He's the midnight bandit... this is a stickup!😁
He may need to get some sleep. It might be jetlag coming from Tampa to NY. 🤣
Spit out my beer, that was funny as hell.
bandit-augenmaske--einbrechermaske--dieb-augenmaske--venezianische-masken-29337-2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cubuffsdoug
No props to Rojas for his decision to pitch hit McNeil for Nido in the sixth?

If it hadn't worked, and if the game had ended with Blankenhorn or Drury striking out, this board's reaction to "wasting" McNeil in the sixth would have been predictable.
Ha, ha, ha. I forgot he was even "injured."

I disagree. You have to chance to break the game open - go for it! Had no problem using MCNeil there - hit or otherwise. Plus a terrific hitter like MCNeil knows a lousy pitcher that Barnes is. Big Advantage = Mets with MCNeil up.
Went right over your head that the post you replied to was praising the move to pinch hit McNeil huh?

Mets are starting TBA tomorrow, and then coming right back with TBA the next day, on ZERO days rest! Not sure how well that's gonna work.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
FYI…

Blue Jays AAA team this year is the Trenton Thunder.
Kinda sorta. The Blue Jays AAA team is, and will continue to be, the Buffalo Bisons. However, due to COVID the Blue Jays could not get into Canada. Therefore, they played in Buffalo. This meant that the Bisons needed a home, so they moved to Trenton.

The marketing approach of the Thunderous Bison is interesting. At "home" in Trenton, they wear Trenton Thunder uniforms and brand themselves accordingly. However, on the road, they revert to their normal Buffalo Bison branding.

The Blue Jays return to Canada on July 30, and the Thunderous Bison return to Buffalo on August 10. So if you want to see the AAA Trenton Thunder this year (or possibly ever), better hurry!

Reactions: tico brown
Nice debate but Guillorme and Nido are backups and the amount of ab s they have had with degrom pitching are quite minimal. If you have Guilkorme and Nido in your lineup consistently - offensive production will be quite limited and hence why they are mediocre players as they are very limited offensively
So are McCann and Villar at this point. You value McCann more because of his salary. He was a backup the last few years until the Mets signed him. If Villar was a starter, why has he moved around from team to team the last few years? You are only as good as your current body of work, and right now, McCann and Villar don't have the stats of Nido and Guillorme.

I'll be in Section 319 tomorrow aft./night,right under what would be the visiting announcers TV booth.

The Braves know that they must take 3,possibly 4 games here to stay in the race.The Phillies will be pulling for them as there are no wild cards for this division,especially with the Padres getting Frazier.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT