ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to win the series. So that means take at least 3 of the 5. Doing that would assure that the Braves leave town at least 6 games back. But If they should happen to win the series 3-2 they would still be 4 back. The nightmare scenario would of course be them winning 4 or more.

I don't care who's pitching I'm more concerned about this offense by a pretty good margin. At least I will give McCann credit for putting together a quality at-bat there in the 7th. Not swinging at a pitchers pitch on the first thing thrown up there.

Mets Metsing

lose ball in lights

Double clutching , low throwing , garden gnome at 3rd

nice job by Familia getting 4 outs
Maybe five if garden gnome could make an above average play once a year

Last edited:
That’s cool
I’ll bake a cake and send it to the RF who is batting 199
I will then draw happy pictures of sunrises every time a NOBODY with. 5+ era shuts down the Mets ala 1968 Gibson

The Yankee thread is brutal on Boone right now.
Not saying Rojas is a great manager. But he has managed to keep the Mets in first place despite all of the injuries. Good leaders learn from their mistakes and recognize their shortcomings. Pitching decisions at this point in the season seem to be driven more by total innings pitched than individual game situations, but that is just speculation.
Their thread has been brutal most of the year. With most of the activity, which is very little, been pissing and moaning, something that far out weighs what goes on in here percentage wise.

Andrew Chafin going to the A's. Was one of the guys I was hoping we'd be in on.

DH split… Vs the Braves… I’ll take it.

On to tomorrow but they HAVE to score runs for TBD!!!

Put it in the books. Most important win of the year thus far.
I agree. I hate the cliche "must game", and this game certainly was not that. But it was as close to a must game as any this year. We're definitely an underdog tomorrow against Morton. Especially if TBA is a scratch. We could have been staring a four game sweep in the face.

Reactions: cicero grimes
From the post game presser sounds like another BP game tomorrow. That means most likely the other Diaz and Smith for multiple innings. Hopefully if Carrsaco can start this weekend we are done with the TBA's.

Lucky and quite fortunate to get a split. Big Double Play on Austin Riley in 6th inning. Huge !

Tough tough game tomorrow vs Charlie Morton......

Reactions: shields
Per Zach Scott:

- Lindor is about 3-5 weeks away from playing.
- Carrasco should start either on Saturday or Sunday

From the post game presser sounds like another BP game tomorrow. That means most likely the other Diaz and Smith for multiple innings. Hopefully if Carrsaco can start this weekend we are done with the TBA's.
My guess is that they send down a position player, either Blankenhorn or Drury, and bring up Worley. Or maybe keep Tropeano around. He was up as 27th man tonight.

Of course, the Phillies win on a walk-off two-out, 3-run HR. Still, the Mets score 1 run in 14 innings and get a split…I’ll take it.

Not Mets related, unless Javy Baez is traded to them. But this Javy Baez game winner was classic.

And couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy than Amir Garrett lol.

Not Mets related, unless Javy Baez is traded to them. But this Javy Baez game winner was classic.

Umpire laughing as he walks Barrett off the field! Pick 'em both (Baez and Barrett) up!!!

739fbe44-1700-49fb-88b3-c3976dd5607c_text.gif

Got to love the fact he shut the pitcher up, and also backed his teammate. Would be pretty funny if at the trade dead line either of these 2 ends up on the same team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT