ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think anyone would want Eickhoff on MLB The Show.
This dude is full of himself. His pride led him to declare free agency instead of going to the minor. He is not MLB material anymore. No one has an interest in him except the Mets.

What are the Mets waiting for? Cannot keep putting these bozos out there day after day. Need a real starter yesterday.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
I was joking with a Braves fan at work today that I had to leave early to fly to NY because I had to pitch as we had no one. We'll could I have done any worse? I hope I-Cough-It-Up game check bounces. And they need not DFA him this time. Just outright release him unless the CBA doesn't allow them to. Now can only hope that the Nats don't blow another big lead to the Phillies.

Reactions: shields
Kumar Rocker deal reportedly in jeopardy. Mets concerned about results of his physical. They must sign him by Sunday. If not, he goes back to Vandy, Mets lose his rights, but get a compensation pick in 2022.
Unless they aren't allowed to give college players a pre-draft physical, someone dropped the ball big time in the front office.

This may turn out to be a pivotal moment in the season. I keep thinking back to being up 7 games with 17 to play. We saw how that played out.

This may turn out to be a pivotal moment in the season. I keep thinking back to being up 7 games with 17 to play. We saw how that played out.
Nah. If the Mets lose this thing by one game, I guarantee this isn't the game that haunts us.

I give the Mets a pass on this one - for now. No team has the organizational depth to take the starting pitching hit that the Mets have taken.

About a week ago I had posted that the Mets had 12 potential starting pitchers out injured. TWELVE! That post is now outdated. The count is up to 13. To review:

1) deGrom
2) Syndergaard
3) Carrasco
4) Peterson
5) Lucchesi
6) Yamamoto
7) Gsellman
8) Oswalt
9) Reid-Foley
10) Szapucki
11) Kilome
12) Gonzalez
13) Stock

That said - if we still have this problem by 4PM Friday, well that would not be acceptable.

Nah. If the Mets lose this thing by one game, I guarantee this isn't the game that haunts us.
Every game is important especially when you can't put the challengers away. Those mistakes have a way of biting you in the rear end when you least expect it.

Can't keep playing .500 ball while waiting for guys to get healthy. You'll run out of time first.

I give the Mets a pass on this one - for now. No team has the organizational depth to take the starting pitching hit that the Mets have taken.

About a week ago I had posted that the Mets had 12 potential starting pitchers out injured. TWELVE! That post is now outdated. The count is up to 13. To review:

1) deGrom
2) Syndergaard
3) Carrasco
4) Peterson
5) Lucchesi
6) Yamamoto
7) Gsellman
8) Oswalt
9) Reid-Foley
10) Szapucki
11) Kilome
12) Gonzalez
13) Stock

That said - if we still have this problem by 4PM Friday, well that would not be acceptable.
My thing is you've seen what Eickhoff can't do. May as well have seen what one of the other guys could do. Tropeano, Worley. Anybody.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Look if we split the next two the Braves leave town only gaining one game and taking five more off the schedule. I had no expectation of wining tonight based upon the pitching matchup. If we get two out of five with two games TBA starts its not a terrible result especially with the Phils losing. Help is on the way with Carrasco and DeGrom coming back. Just have to hang on until we get those guys back. And who knows what help may arrive on Friday from outside the organization.

My thing is you've seen what Eickhoff can't do. May as well have seen what one of the other guys could do. Tropeano, Worley. Anybody.
Well we know what they think of Tropeano. They bring him up yesterday and don't let him pitch even one inning. It's not like they need to see what he can do. They've seen it in AAA.

Worley is the headscratcher. I though that they had arranged his workload to have him pitch tonight. I wonder if he too is hurt.

SIAP- NY Post reporting that Scherzer will NOT be a Met. He has full no-trade rights and will veto a Met trade. He wants to go to the Dodgers or Padres. Dodgers make total sense, he can replace Bauer.

This one was a long shot anyway.

SIAP- NY Post reporting that Scherzer will NOT be a Met. He has full no-trade rights and will veto a Met trade. He wants to go to the Dodgers or Padres. Dodgers make total sense, he can replace Bauer.

This one was a long shot anyway.
Supposedly they are looking for a top prospect - Baty, Alvarez level. Not worth that for a rental.

Would have zero interest in Scherzer if the price is Baty or Alverez. That would just be stupid to a BVW level.

At the deadline- I would love to see a starter but with deGrom back soon and hopefully, Carasco comes back and here to stay and Noah back at end of year, I do not need to give up the farm.
And for some reason, I almost feel we may not get Lindor back this year. He should be back in Sept but we are the Met's. So- I would consider moving a JD and a decent prospect for a guy like Bryant, Story Baez. Hopefully to be able to sign them and they would play 3B next to Lindor.
And we need to find a middle relief guy.

The funny thing is...I almost feel like we would still hang on to the division if we don't make moves. The rest of the division really seem stuck in the mud worse then we are.
If we do lose the division, it may fall into a top 2 or 3 most disappointing season for me.

Reactions: cicero grimes
If the Mets don’t get Baez this week, he may be available as a free agent and willing to play second base with Lindor. I would be a giddy bastard if the Mets somehow pull this off this week or this winter.

Would have zero interest in Scherzer if the price is Baty or Alverez. That would just be stupid to a BVW level.

At the deadline- I would love to see a starter but with deGrom back soon and hopefully, Carasco comes back and here to stay and Noah back at end of year, I do not need to give up the farm.
And for some reason, I almost feel we may not get Lindor back this year. He should be back in Sept but we are the Met's. So- I would consider moving a JD and a decent prospect for a guy like Bryant, Story Baez. Hopefully to be able to sign them and they would play 3B next to Lindor.
And we need to find a middle relief guy.

The funny thing is...I almost feel like we would still hang on to the division if we don't make moves. The rest of the division really seem stuck in the mud worse then we are.
If we do lose the division, it may fall into a top 2 or 3 most disappointing season for me.
The problem is deGrom is back and then he isn't back. Can we count on him being there for the last 2 months and throughout what we hope is a postseason. Generally in the playoffs there is that one guy who is carrying a heavy load. Sometimes pitching on 3 days rest in the biggest games etc.

For everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) who questioned the Mets decision to start Eickhoff yesterday...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you the guy who the Mets believe is their next best alternative within their organization.

EDIT: Remember how we (well at least I) thought the Mets would promote and start Vance Worley yesterday? Since they didn't, he started last night in Syracuse. His line: 3.2 innings, 9 hits, 6 ER. When you're choosing among bad alternatives, the alternative you select will probably not be very good.

Last edited:
For everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) who questioned the Mets decision to start Eickhoff yesterday...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you the guy who the Mets believe is their next best alternative within their organization.

EDIT: Remember how we (well at least I) thought the Mets would promote and start Vance Worley yesterday? Since they didn't, he started last night in Syracuse. His line: 3.2 innings, 9 hits, 6 ER. When you're choosing among bad alternatives, the alternative you select will probably not be very good.

6101b412711fc.image.png

If the Twins are really discussing a Berrios/Megill/prospects trade with the Mets, the obvious question is what prospects are the Twins giving the Mets.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT