ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think the bullpen is overworked? Lugo may have thrown only 3 pitches during the game, but don't discount warm-up pitches. The Mets should go straight to May if they were trying to have Lugo for tomorrow.
Big disagree. If Loup gets through this 8th and Diaz closes it out then the bullpen order will have worked to perfection.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Big disagree. If Loup gets through this 8th and Diaz closes it out then the bullpen order will have worked to perfection.
But May could have finished the 6th and pitch the 7th. Therefore, Lugo doesn't work up a sweat for three pitches.

People will complain about Rojas making the Mets wear their road Blue unis in a World Series clinching Game 7 win. “Girardi would never have allowed this to happen!!!!!!!”

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
I'm not knocking Rojas here. I just thought the Mets could achieve the same results without wasting Lugo. You have to count warm-up too. It's one reason the Mets have tried to avoid pitching Lugo back-to-back games. Lugo had an arm injury start the year.
I'm just jabbing back and forth here. Maybe they only saw Lugo for getting a batter or two tonight. Hopefully, they will ask Rojas in the presser.

He's not, but May has pitched 2 innings at least twice.
What you may not be realizing is that tomorrow is an early game. A noon start. After throwing I believe over 20 pitches tonight its likely that Diaz is not available for that game. Somebody has,to held in reserve for early work and a possible save tomorrow. With a real quick turnaround. Now I'm sure that Lugo or May could be available for that role.

WHAT A THROW BY CONFORTO!!!!

And it’s great to hear Citi Rocking like Shea just a bit!!!

#LGM

Now, THIS is the kind of game that the season banks on. Clutch pitching, big time PH HR and a great throw to home to seal it.

BTW- this kid McGill- wtf have we found here. And saying that in a very positive way.
He may be our real MVP this year. We would be F’d without him. Need Walker back on tract though

Great win!

Mets need to backup a win like this with a win tomorrow and maintain the momentum !

Hopefully Walker can get out of his slump......

Reactions: tico brown
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT