ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he is a fit.

current injury is hit by pitch in his hand. Not exactly a recurring injury. Top defensive centerfielder with speed and upside at the plate.

But a doubtful trade, would take a lot. Phils interested also.
Trade Conforto, Diaz, and Lindor for Judge to the Yankees, since nobody seems to like those guys, and we got the makings of a MASH unit.

• Haha
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Because the team in the Bronx, and other national teams can get top stars for Jimmy Lipper and one glove. The Mets have to give up everyone for the same players.
No, no, no... there's no conspiracy.

I think it's more like Gallo and Rizzo were not in high demand. Other than the Yankees, who wanted them?

Somebody like Bryant, for example, APPEARS (none of us know for sure) to be receiving heavy interest from multiple teams. Cubs can wait until the deadline and pick the best offer. Which appears to be what they are doing.

No, no, no... there's no conspiracy.

I think it's more like Gallo and Rizzo were not in high demand. Other than the Yankees, who wanted them?

Somebody like Bryant, for example, APPEARS (none of us know for sure) to be receiving heavy interest from multiple teams. Cubs can wait until the deadline and pick the best offer. Which appears to be what they are doing.

Seems like Red Sox were in on Rizzo.

Well- if we go Baez- I assume JD is gone. Does Baez go to 2B and McNeil 3B. If so, do we put them in those positions day 1 as opposed to Baez to SS until Lindor is back.

Reports were that Mets GM Zack Scott walked out onto the field. Spoke to Lindor for a few minutes. Left field and trade was made.

So the Braves added a guy with 22 hrs and 68 rbi and we're hearing about concerns over team chemistry. Well a chemistry set isn't going to put more runs up on the board!
Agreed. I am more concerned about physics than chemistry - the physics of hitting a baseball.

tenor.gif

Meh. Would I trade three years of Davis control for two months of Baez control, straight up? Not sure. I am sure I wouldn't add ANY top prospects to the package.

This trade only makes sense if they can sign Baez long term.

So the Braves added a guy with 22 hrs and 68 rbi and we're hearing about concerns over team chemistry. Well a chemistry set isn't going to put more runs up on the board!
Nobody's talking team chemistry except one writer/broadcaster. If Mets get Javy Baez, will take him 10X over Adam Duvall who pales in comparison.

Happy with Baez. Trevor Williams is awful. What did we give up? Still hour to go.
Trevor Williams? When did Chris start calling the shot for the Mets front office? Watch the Mets' front office congratulate themselves for a job well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT