ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know what Comforto hits when Jacob pitches. I bet it is pathetic.

Keep batting him 3rd
Puppet moron
Wait, oh never mind- -
1digvw.jpg

Get it that if you can't hit and score some runs, you can't win. However, Diaz unable to hold the 1 run deficit in the 9th is REALLY disturbing. I can't stand this Bullpen. Every off-season, I go into it thinking Mets Management will finally spend Capital and gut the Bullpen, and other than 1-2 new faces, we're stuck with the same results.
I just don't understand, it is 3 plus years that they cant give him run support.

Reactions: RURM85
deGrom said that the lay-off between spring training and playing their first series might have something to do with the poor hitting to date. Interesting that the two teams who had to wait to start (Mets and Nationals) have scored only 16 and 12 runs, respectively.

It will come around. The lineup is too good, It’s not just Conforto.. McNeil has been awful. Lindor is getting on base, but not hitting for extra bases. Alonso and Smith have been decent. McCann has been awful. Some of these guys will turn it around. On the positive, Walker looked terrific. So did Stroman, and even Lucchesi in relief.

It’s 5 games. Frustrating not to win both of deGrom’s starts, but still just 5 games.

It’s kind of funny how baseball is. A guy can start the season batting .200 with men in scoring position after 10 AB’s and he sucks or he can start .300 after 10 AB’s and he is great..,

Reactions: Greg2020
What do the Mets have against Jacob deGrom ?
All joking aside- it may be one of the strangest things I have ever seen in sports. It has gotten to the point that in my fantasy leagues...When deGrom is pitching- I sit everyone that is facing him AND I sit my Met's hitters.

Reactions: Greg2020 and Kbee3
nope. More stupidity from you.
Hurts coming from you. Carry on, with your name calling, stay classy, lmfao. MFINO Are you that guy who's always calling for Rutgers QB's to be replaced in the 1st Qt. of the 1st game every season? From reading your whiney posts day in day out, it sure has the same MO. Feel better, put this in your trophy case. Try not to rub it.
Rd177bc2034cc91f77b1eb7a22d8b0f91

Last edited:
So, does Rojas sit Conforto today? If it were mid season, I suspect he might get a day off. Tougher to do in game 6. I don’t think you move him out of the 3 spot, though. If you play him today, that’s where he hits. But after yesterday, where he was visibly frustrated, maybe a day to take a breather is in order.

For me, this year has started very frustrating- I am sure we score 6 or better for Stroman today. Though, I actually hope we do and would love to see Stroman have a top 5 type CY year with deGrom winning it again.
As for the offense- I am not going to lose sleep or live and die by every AB and or game. McNeil/Conforto are both in horrible slumps. But I would still bet Conforto ends with 90+ RBI and McNeil bats over .310
And no- not all of Conforto's RBI's will be worthless. We seem to forget that he and Dom had big hit after big hit last year.
My big worry is the bullpen. We are going to hit and score runs. I actually think the defense is not as bad as we all make it out to be. And our starters will most likely be in the top 5 for starting staffs for the year.
So- that leaves the BP and manager- those are the two glaring points I AM losing sleep over.

So, does Rojas sit Conforto today? If it were mid season, I suspect he might get a day off. Tougher to do in game 6. I don’t think you move him out of the 3 spot, though. If you play him today, that’s where he hits. But after yesterday, where he was visibly frustrated, maybe a day to take a breather is in order.
I keep him in as he is also a good RF...But I do move him and I start the lineup as Nimmo, McNeil, Lindor or swap McNeil/Lindor.
But, I am sure Rojas will do something stupid.

Either move Conforto down or sit him. He needs a change of routine that could help him shake off the slump.

Reactions: rubaseball78
I keep him in as he is also a good RF...But I do move him and I start the lineup as Nimmo, McNeil, Lindor or swap McNeil/Lindor.
But, I am sure Rojas will do something stupid.
Let’s see what lineup Sandy will send Rojas Sunday.

I think moving him out of the 3 sends him the wrong message. To yes points above, Conforto is a hitter. Career OPS around .840. He should hit third, IMO. But a day off could be the right move, primarily because of his mental state. His reaction after his last K yesterday showed his frustration.

On the bullpen, well, it’s a mess. Lugo can’t come back fast enough. That will help a good amount. But Diaz didn’t inspire confidence yesterday.

Maybe you tackle both. McNeil is hitting the ball hard. Perhaps sit Conforto and move McNeil up to hit third. Could be the weather decides everyone has a day off, though.

Last edited:
Maybe you tackle both. McNeil is hitting the ball hard. Perhaps sit Conforto and move McNeil up to hit third. Could be the weather decides everyone has a day off, though.
Maybe go best of both worlds- move McNeil to 3rd and instead of "demoting" Conforto to 6...move him into the 5th spot- Alonso in front of him and Smith behind him.

That a wasted start by Stroman... There’s no way he goes back on the mound today.

Great job Sandy Rojas!!!

Another stupid move by Rojas, at least Donnie Baseball knew enough to have a relief pitcher ready to go instead.

If the suspended game rule was applied in 1961 as it is today,Roger Maris would have hit 60 in the first 154 games-and 62 in 162 games- as deemed to be necessary by Commissioner Ford Frick.

And the collar gets tighter for Rojas......I had tickets for today's game...didn't bother going due to weather...game should have been cancelled by 11am......no regard for fans or players....

Rojas is not going to get fired after five games. He's just not. But he could get fired after 50 games, if the Mets are floundering around .500.

Three facts must be remembered:
  1. He got the job by default.
  2. No one in the current regime had anything to do with his hiring.
  3. He's on the final year of his contract.
That's a tough trifecta to overcome.

Reactions: FrankZ
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT