ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert Almora to be activated for Game Two, which happens to be against a lefthander. Looks like Mason Williams is Game One and Done.

W !
6:05 first pitch
Lester. All righties ?

villar
Lindor
Alonso
Mcann
Pillar
Drury
Peraza
Almora

Gsellman Reid-Foley

Have no idea why we're waiting until Monday to activate McNeil. He's played in multiple games and we could use the bat.

Going to need to get a SP now with all these injuries.

Have no idea why we're waiting until Monday to activate McNeil. He's played in multiple games and we could use the bat.

Going to need to get a SP now with all these injuries.
Mets policy on rehabbing position players is that you build it up gradually. You start by playing three innings, then five, then seven. You don't get activated until you play nine on two consecutive days, with no issues. McNeil has yet to do that.

One other note. Mets traded Jacob Barnes, whom they had previously DFA'd, to Toronto. They got back a 24 year old pitcher named Troy Miller, who at this point seems like an organizational depth guy. Beats organizational shallowness, I guess.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Mets policy on rehabbing position players is that you build it up gradually. You start by playing three innings, then five, then seven. You don't get activated until you play nine on two consecutive days, with no issues. McNeil has yet to do that.

When did this policy begin? I'll have to go back and look if they did with the other guys this year

Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps

Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps
Robot umps

For my 10,000th post, is it alright to complain? 😂
Well yes, it would have been. Sadly, you wasted your 10,000th post by asking the question. If you were intent on asking our permission, you should have used your 9,999th post for that purpose. Now you have to wait for post #20,000.

One other note. Mets traded Jacob Barnes, whom they had previously DFA'd, to Toronto. They got back a 24 year old pitcher named Troy Miller, who at this point seems like an organizational depth guy. Beats organizational shallowdryer Louness, I guess.
Who you kidding? He'll be starting a game on the upcoming homestand.

When did this policy begin? I'll have to go back and look if they did with the other guys this year
Syracuse game rained out tonight. I wonder if that will affect McNeil's planned activation on Monday. I'm guessing no, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT