ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am willing to bet that it was Lindor's choice to play. Dude has played just about every game and for a lot of these guys(ok, not a lot) but there are still some guys that take pride in playing.

Cahna - He is far from worn out during the season.

Weird looking at other teams already set for the post season- Braves with like 6 guys starting. Dodgers 6/7 starters started and Kershaw pitching. WTF?

Freeman having a good day 2-3 and up to .324...will be interesting if he gets a couple more to close the gap on McNeil- do we throw Squirrel up for a PH to see if he can do it- hope it doesnt come to that.

Regardless of how it finished
I do like that we most likely have the :
batting leader
Fireman of the Year
MLB RBI leader(tied with AL RBI leader)

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Would I be wrong in saying I actually hope we win and Braves lose just so it at least shows a tie with the tie breaker coming into play. Or does it piss me off more? lol

Would I be wrong in saying I actually hope we win and Braves lose just so it at least shows a tie with the tie breaker coming into play. Or does it piss me off more? lol
I'm just glad they didn't clinch today with deGrom on our hill.

If Max shuts them down in a Met win- I think that is a major gutsy call but the right call. Keep in mind- a blister doesnt heal overnight
Ehh …. Degrom must not be right . Otherwise you start him game 1 . In playoff baseball you don’t leave bullets in the gun .

I don’t trust Bassitt at all after his Atlanta performance. That spotlight was too big for him . I think you definitely can’t start him in any road playoff game, and this will be at home . But still .

Reactions: FrankZ
Wow. McNeil will feel like an ass for sitting on his ass today
You might want to re-check that. By not playing today he assured himself that his b.a. can't drop below its current .326. And unless the Rockies score 5 in the 9th Freeman will end the day at .325 because he's not getting up again. So I'd say McNeil feels like something right now. But it sure ain't an ass.

Are you denying you didn't call out a Mets fan today?? Beyond clueless!! You are a complete clown. Who did I argue with in the Yankees thread this year that was an actual Yankees fan??? I certainly didn't fight with a Yankees fan today ass. Something you can't say!
Yes I did today, but for you of all people to make a play on that is comical. So ANYONE who didn't agree with your astute knowledge of all things Yankee isn't a Yankees fan, Yea, OOOOOOk. Your list of arguing with Yankees fans is all encompassing, from the usual, Boone sucks, Cashman sucks your favorite Stanton sucks, Chapman sucks Holmes sucks,Donalson sucks,Cole's overrated, have I missed any of your argument topics, Ace? Again, I've stayed out of that mostly unreadable thread of yours, but I'll be in with bells on as soon as year 13 of playoff failure is complete. See you soon. Oh almost forgot, I never realized hitting the "like" button on posts that call you out{so many} got your panties in a bunch. Is it too late to say sorry?LMFAO

Everyone can write their apologies to McCann in reply to this post. Don't see anyone congratulating him, which is no surprise. You guys only know how to throw stones.

You might want to re-check that. By not playing today he assured himself that his b.a. can't drop below its current .326. And unless the Rockies score 5 in the 9th Freeman will end the day at .325 because he's not getting up again. So I'd say McNeil feels like something right now. But it sure ain't an ass.
well you
wow another one of you people that can’t really read or understand context . Or did happy hour just wrap up ? I was responding to the hypothetical post if freeeman went 5 for 6 and won the title .
yikes this board has some folks !!

Yes I did today, but for you of all people to make a play on that is comical. Your list of arguing with Yankees fans is all encompassing, from the usual, Boone sucks, Cashman sucks your favorite Stanton sucks, Chapman sucks Holmes sucks,Donalson sucks,Cole's overrated, have I missed any of your argument topics, Ace? Again, I've stayed out of that mostly unreadable thread of yours, but I'll be in with bells on as soon as year 13 of playoff failure is complete. See you soon. Oh almost forgot, I never realized hitting the "like" button on posts that call you out{so many} got your panties in a bunch. Is it too late to say sorry?LMFAO
What is comical is you went ape ship on a Mets fan today, less then 10 hours ago and then try to redirect it with old news. You had a bad day on here with your fellow Mets fans. I've been fine with my fellow Yankees fan with many coming over to my side about Cashman, and ownership. Sorry I didn't fall off the rails this year like you have.

d4cafb37-803c-4a31-aa0d-1ebd2f585827_text.gif

Shrewd hand played by McNeil today. He realized that there was a far better chance that if he had played that he could lose a couple of points off his b.a than there was of Freeman gaining enough points to catch him. Even an 0-2 could have cost him. Congrats J-Mac. So unless something changed with Alonso we have the ML leader in b.a. and NL leader in ribby's

I'm pretty sure Philly and Atlanta also benefited from playing Miami and Nationals too. You guys aren't very smart.
Yankees strength of schedule updated as of last night's games is 11th toughest. Mets are 22nd toughest.
You could have spent 5 seconds to look it up but besides being stupid you are lazy as well
As my wife often tells me....you expect too much from people.
This is especially true in considering fans of the Amazins.

Ehh …. Degrom must not be right . Otherwise you start him game 1 . In playoff baseball you don’t leave bullets in the gun .

I don’t trust Bassitt at all after his Atlanta performance. That spotlight was too big for him . I think you definitely can’t start him in any road playoff game, and this will be at home . But still .
Max has been in front of deGrom all season, deGrom is coming off a blister. Please show your work- as they say...

Just saying

Wow. McNeil will feel like an ass for sitting on his ass today
why?

rest up before the playoffs- playing Freeman, they have a bye.

Going hard to bust on the Met's tonight, who most likely end up with the same record as the division winner.

Yes I did today, but for you of all people to make a play on that is comical. So ANYONE who didn't agree with your astute knowledge of all things Yankee isn't a Yankees fan, Yea, OOOOOOk. Your list of arguing with Yankees fans is all encompassing, from the usual, Boone sucks, Cashman sucks your favorite Stanton sucks, Chapman sucks Holmes sucks,Donalson sucks,Cole's overrated, have I missed any of your argument topics, Ace? Again, I've stayed out of that mostly unreadable thread of yours, but I'll be in with bells on as soon as year 13 of playoff failure is complete. See you soon. Oh almost forgot, I never realized hitting the "like" button on posts that call you out{so many} got your panties in a bunch. Is it too late to say sorry?LMFAO
008 did call out a Met's fan...008 is a bit crazy and I can't even stand behind half the stuff he says. But he is a diehard.

The other guy- is a "fan" maybe- but man, he sounds like a really good troll at times. just saying

As my wife often tells me....you expect too much from people.
This is especially true in considering fans of the Amazins.
Again- look at some stats- it doesnt matter if you played the hardest or 5th or 20th- if you can't beat those teams, what the H does it matter that you played them and lost. Mets did play less winning teams but...at least they actualy had a winning record against them and won 6-10 series against winning teams where Yanks won 5 of 15...

You guys lose the argument at this time. You had an insane 1st half- really bad 2nd half.
Your Glass house has a hell of a lot of cracks in it playing .410 since the AS break against team that ended up with winning records.

Now- STFU and go figure out how you are going to win a playoff series.

The padres didn’t do any better…unless the players come to life over the weekend.
On paper we won the deadline. Period.

That’s the point I’m making. Bell was a stud before he came to SD. Soto is Soto. Drury is a beauty. Hader best closer in baseball.

That’s what I’m saying, the front office did literally everything the fan base could ask for. The players just haven’t delivered.

Shrewd hand played by McNeil today. He realized that there was a far better chance that if he had played that he could lose a couple of points off his b.a than there was of Freeman gaining enough points to catch him. Even an 0-2 could have cost him. Congrats J-Mac. So unless something changed with Alonso we have the ML leader in b.a. and NL leader in ribby's
That's pretty cool. Not as cool as having an NL East banner, but individual stats are neat.

why?

rest up before the playoffs- playing Freeman, they have a bye.

Going hard to bust on the Met's tonight, who most likely end up with the same record as the division winner.
It was in reference to a hypothetical of freeman going 5 for 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT