ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mets had highest payroll in MLB history this year and couldn't even win their division.
Lol who cares.

The only reason the division matters in this specific situation is because of the path to the WS.

Other than that, who gives a crap? 2019 nats wildcard team. 2021 Braves 88 win wildcard team.

2020 Doyers - cuvid win doesn’t count.

You guys are awful. Stop acting like the division actually matters. If you have good pitching and the bats get hot in the playoffs then you’ll go on a run.

They choked because "the GM" didn't do enough at the trade deadline? Wow, your definition of choke is a lot different than mine. Braves, the current World Champs played insane the last 2 months. Your moronic post of hanging a wild card banner or holding 1st place for 170 days means nothing as of today.

Sort of like the Yankees have the last 12 years, like that? Has any other team that made the playoffs 12 straight years come out empty handed? I'd call that choking big time. Let's see if they can make it 13 straight years, that would HAVE to be some sort of record. Now go back to The Dead Zone, I'll be there for the first time this season as soon as the Yankees crap the bed again later this month.
“Do enough at the deadline”? He made the team worse. Think about that… The Mets were “buyers” and made the team worse. Almost impossible to do.

Reactions: FrankZ
Judge hit #62, and all the Jack-offs are in here with little to no talk in The Dead Zone. Wait, wait, wait till the Yankees soil the bed as is the tradition the last 12 years in mid- October. The Mets are playing with house money as this season to me is 1985 all over again. The Varsity is well, in the last hoorah, as there's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Uncle Stevie Cohen. Yankee fans see it, and know Little Steinbrenner isn't his Daddy when it comes to spending.

Judge hit #62, and all the Jack-offs are in here with little to no talk in The Dead Zone. Wait, wait, wait till the Yankees soil the bed as is the tradition the last 12 years in mid- October. The Mets are playing with house money as this season to me is 1985 all over again. The Varsity is well, in the last hoorah, as there's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Uncle Stevie Cohen. Yankee fans see it, and know Little Steinbrenner isn't his Daddy when it comes to spending.
Mets are the better NY team this season and Judge is leaving for San Fran.

The problem is the Mets fanbase is terrible, you guys have such little man syndrome.

You’re in the playoffs, swing a big dick vs us this weekend and see what happens. Padres are headed in with a WS run on our mind. You guys are headed in crying you choked the division.

It’s sad.

The Mets didn’t choke away the lead like in 2007. But they did choke the final 3 games in Atlanta . That was pretty bad with their 3 best pitchers laying eggs.
Hey , it’s not over yet though.

If the Mets were aggressive at the deadline and sold the farm you guys would have cried about it.
Nope. Not for the right guys. You don’t trade the studs like Alvarez obviously. JD Davis has a .928 OPS since the trade..and we added some prospects…for Ruf. We gave up a live arm for an obese lefty who can’t play a position and clogs the base paths…and we didn’t get a lefty arm, which was a priority…we got Naquin who is a strikeout machine…all laughable.

Games are at 1 / 2 /4 and 7. I think abc is carrying one of the early afternoon games.
Did not realize the times. They’ve started so many weeknight playoff/WS games over the years at 8:15 or later, and now on a Friday night with this many games they are starting the last one at 7:00? I Don’t get it.

Nope. Not for the right guys. You don’t trade the studs like Alvarez obviously. JD Davis has a .928 OPS since the trade..and we added some prospects…for Ruf. We gave up a live arm for an obese lefty who can’t play a position and clogs the base paths…and we didn’t get a lefty arm, which was a priority…we got Naquin who is a strikeout machine…all laughable.
Bro the padres gave up our entire farm system for:

Slumping Juan Soto (who you hope returns to form next season at minimum)
A shell of what Josh Bell was all year long (bench player for us now)
Josh Hader who was hot garbage and cost us a minimum of 4 games (looks like he’s figured it out now)
Brandon Drury who has gotten hit in the head twice and is actually the best player we got at the deadline.

If the Mets we’re dealing with our shit and sold the farm you guys would be screaming.

Reactions: RUfinally2008

Josh Hader who was hot garbage and cost us a minimum of 4 games (looks like he’s figured it out now)
Brandon Drury who has gotten hit in the head twice and is actually the best player we got at the deadline.

If the Mets we’re dealing with our shit and sold the farm you guys would be screaming.
This is what drives me crazy as a Met's fan.

Our fans have all the answers and they are always negative- there were cries to get rid of JD for a bag of balls- Ruf had been a LH pitcher killing machine. WTF happened, who knows but it should not have been this disaster.
Vogey did what was expected but yes, maybe the price was too high. But, if Ruf did his part- the DH spot would have and should have been light years ahead of the first half.
Naquin - not really sure on this one except we have no one in the minors that could do anything professional in the outfield to help.

The trades did not move the needle much and may have actually been better than where we were. Even with rough Ruf- our DH numbers were better in the 2nd half.
Atl was playing out of their minds in the 2nd half- that was the problem. Marte injury at the end was also a killer. There is no doubt he was worth 2 wins down the stretch.

And...not a damn team wanted to deal with us fair at the deadline. Anyone that couldn't see that is fooling themselves.

Max had the one bad start but had been lights out since coming back- most likely, he is good Max rather than bad in the WC.
Bassitt- hard to call- he can go 5 starts lights out and then 2 bad...But love him as number 3.
deGrom- how do you figure him out- 5 innings unhittable. and then gets done in by HR's- but always a great chance for a 6/7 inning 2 hit 1 run performance.
Diaz still lights out. Ottavino - still not sure why Met fans don't trust his nearly perfect season in his role...

Reactions: Doctor Worm

Our fans have all the answers and they are always negative- there were cries to get rid of JD for a bag of balls- Ruf had been a LH pitcher killing machine. WTF happened, who knows but it should not have been this disaster.
Vogey did what was expected but yes, maybe the price was too high. But, if Ruf did his part- the DH spot would have and should have been light years ahead of the first half.
Naquin - not really sure on this one except we have no one in the minors that could do anything professional in the outfield to help.

The trades did not move the needle much and may have actually been better than where we were. Even with rough Ruf- our DH numbers were better in the 2nd half.
Atl was playing out of their minds in the 2nd half- that was the problem. Marte injury at the end was also a killer. There is no doubt he was worth 2 wins down the stretch.

And...not a damn team wanted to deal with us fair at the deadline. Anyone that couldn't see that is fooling themselves.

Max had the one bad start but had been lights out since coming back- most likely, he is good Max rather than bad in the WC.
Bassitt- hard to call- he can go 5 starts lights out and then 2 bad...But love him as number 3.
deGrom- how do you figure him out- 5 innings unhittable. and then gets done in by HR's- but always a great chance for a 6/7 inning 2 hit 1 run performance.
Diaz still lights out. Ottavino - still not sure why Met fans don't trust his nearly perfect season in his role...
You guys definitely should have won a game vs the Braves.

It’s just crazy people are blaming the trade deadline for not doing so lol. It’s not like you completely revamped your team, you added pieces.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Yesterday's events:
1) Saw Ruf trade
2) Saw 4 players in deal and panicked
3) Immediately fled to MLB At Bat and watched his first AB from the night before
4) Had flashbacks to Cuddyer (his Game 1 in '15 WS still nauseates me)
Just leaving this here from August 3rd

They choked because "the GM" didn't do enough at the trade deadline? Wow, your definition of choke is a lot different than mine. Braves, the current World Champs played insane the last 2 months. Your moronic post of hanging a wild card banner or holding 1st place for 170 days means nothing as of today.

Sort of like the Yankees have the last 12 years, like that? Has any other team that made the playoffs 12 straight years come out empty handed? I'd call that choking big time. Let's see if they can make it 13 straight years, that would HAVE to be some sort of record. Now go back to The Dead Zone, I'll be there for the first time this season as soon as the Yankees crap the bed again later this month.
Whatever man… Everyone else is saying the same 💩 but here you are bugging me for some reason. Everyone else can state their opinions here but you and the others go after me for some reason. If I did that I’d get a timeout here… Whatever.

“Go back to the Dead Zone”? I’m not a Yankee fan. I’m a Mets fan. I don’t go to the Yankee thread and talk crap over there. If you’re going to reek on me, at least do it for the right reasons.

Lol who cares.

The only reason the division matters in this specific situation is because of the path to the WS.
It matters when you can get the bye and rest the players for a week. Doesn’t hurt that they would be playing Philly/St L winner instead of Dodgers. Plus playing winner of Dodgers/ Braves would be better than playing the Dodgers coming off a bye.
Other than that, who gives a crap? 2019 nats wildcard team. 2021 Braves 88 win wildcard team.
This is 2022.
Everyone played by the same rules that year. They won the title that year fair and square.
You guys are awful. Stop acting like the division actually matters. If you have good pitching and the bats get hot in the playoffs then you’ll go on a run.
Let’s see how this goes. Depending on too many ifs for too many years.

Lol who cares.

I think the division does matter. The real point is lets not act like we choked it away. Braves have been a juggernaut.

This weekend’s sweep is certainly painful and makes the playoff path more difficult but it doesn’t make this a ruined season.

The padres didn’t do any better…unless the players come to life over the weekend.

Mets are the better NY team this season and Judge is leaving for San Fran.

The problem is the Mets fanbase is terrible, you guys have such little man syndrome.

You’re in the playoffs, swing a big dick vs us this weekend and see what happens. Padres are headed in with a WS run on our mind. You guys are headed in crying you choked the division.

It’s sad.
Not me, I doesn't describe me. I think they had a GREAT season and it isn't over.

Reactions: The RUT
And they had a nice lead for most of the year.
If getting swept by the Braves down the stretch isn't a choke....I don't know what is.
All they had to do is win ONE game with two of the best pitchers in baseball and their Number three and they have a bye to rest everyone for the Divisional Round.

But I’m the €££$<>¥ for pointing these things out.

If getting swept by the Braves down the stretch isn't a choke....I don't know what is.
Here he is, wasn't around for the last 2 months when the JV past the Varsity, lurking in the weeds until he had something negative about the Mets. Bottom line, the NL Least as you guys like to call it turns out is the only division in baseball with 2, 100 win teams and a 87 win team. Also has 2 of the last 3 World Series Champions. What would you call 12 straight years of playoff failures by the Varsity? A nice run?

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
All they had to do is win ONE game with two of the best pitchers in baseball and their Number three and they have a bye to rest everyone for the Divisional Round.

Lol, so your crying to one of The 3 Amigos, now I've seen everything, lmfao!!!!

Give credit to the Braves. Just like credit to the Mets earlier in the season when the beat the Braves

Pointing something out which educates the rest of us is one thing. Belaboring an obvious fact, which we all already know, is quite another.

As the old saying goes, the Good Lord put our eyes in the front of our head, rather than the back, for a reason. Some of us choose to focus on the opportunity that still lies ahead.

Reactions: Knight Shift
We did have deGrom and Scherzer, but the Braves also had Fried and Wright.

It's also the terrible baseball they played against one of the historically weakest September schedules in baseball history.

Reactions: Kbee3

I watch a lot of Mets games and I swear I’ve yet to see Naquin get a hit. Awful

Naquin's Met slash line is .210/.254/.403, OPS of .659 and OPS+ of 86. Obviously below MLB average. But not awful, at least not James McCann awful.

It's also the terrible baseball they played against one of the historically weakest September schedules in baseball history.
Hey Super Clown: Why don’t you rewatch the biggest choke of all time : 2004 vs Your Daddies from Boston. Your Daddy even spotted you a 3 game lead. You’re an asshole. Go wipe yourself with some Aaron Judge 🧻
Naquin is awful. He’s petrified taking an AB. As much as I am not a Guillome fan, I can’t stomach Naquin. Thus I’m all for Guillome at 2b and McNeil in RF for game 1 assuming Marte is out.

Bottom line. It's one of the best seasons in Mets history and it's a second place in their own division. That's embarassing.
Hey Super Clown: Why don’t you rewatch the biggest choke of all time : 2004 vs Your Daddies from Boston. Your Daddy even spotted you a 3 game lead. You’re an asshole. Go wipe yourself with some Aaron Judge 🧻

Naquin is awful. He’s petrified taking an AB. As much as I am not a Guillome fan, I can’t stomach Naquin. Thus I’m all for Guillome at 2b and McNeil in RF for game 1 assuming Marte is out.
no need for the name calling Big Least Phil. I understand you're frustrated that your Mets set a MLB record payroll and tried to buy a championship and couldn't even win their division and now stuck playing a wild card and then the dodgers. Or maybe you're upset with your crooked/criminal owner.

you blew it, plain and simple

and don't compare the Yankees. The Yankees have 27 titles to your 2. You're not a pimple on our ass.

now go play your wildcard series

Bottom line. It's one of the best seasons in Mets history and it's a second place in their own division. That's embarassing.

no need for the name calling Big Least Phil. I understand you're frustrated that your Mets set a MLB record payroll and tried to buy a championship and couldn't even win their division and now stuck playing a wild card and then the dodgers. Or maybe you're upset with your crooked/criminal owner.

and don't compare the Yankees. The Yankees have 27 titles to your 2. You're not a pimple on our ass.

Talk about "blew it", are you still picking the short hairs out of your mouth from shortbus and kbee? Asking on behalf of several Mets fans. Here's to a 13th straight year of choking away another playoff run.

You an ancient history fan? Yankees last WS win was 2009. I teach 6th graders and some love the Yankees and wear the “Got Rings” shirts. I laugh and say you have not seen a WS win. They say they have………on You Tube. Are you pounding your chest over Yankee wins in the ‘20s, ’30’ and ’40s? Back then much easier to win when there were half the teams. Now before you tell me how many WS Mets have remember this. I don’t boast about ancient history. I live in the present. Right now both teams are in the playoffs. Let’s see what happens.

Reactions: redking
I believe SF is a yankee fan- so, let's talk about choking
Since the All Star break
AL East NL East
Atlanta - 45-22
Mets - 42-26

Toronto- 41-26
Phils- 38-31
Balt - 36-32
TB - 35-34
Yankees- 35-34

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Status