ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that they resigned Rizzo. But Freeman is better.

Not this season so far.
I think you are both right. Both good fielders and base runners- Freeman has the higher BA but Rizzo has been a better run producer. Rizzo- also cheaper.
But if you had to pick one of the two for the following 4 years, I think Freemen would come out on top. But Rizzo has been a great addition since he came.

Rizzo adds leadership for yanks, good chemistry in clubhouse.
Shitly ba but good power numbers and has been big in clutch.

If the season ended today, the Yankees team would have the 2nd best 1 season winning percentage of all time. That is an unbelievable stat. Hopefully they can stay healthy and play like this in the playoffs.

If the season ended today, the Yankees team would have the 2nd best 1 season winning percentage of all time. That is an unbelievable stat. Hopefully they can stay healthy and play like this in the playoffs.
2nd to who?

This team continues to find ways to win each day. Today it was small ball and elite pitching (although the latter has been the theme all year) with giving a few guys a rest/partial rest day. I remember the feeling in '98 and this feels like that.

Interesting to see what they do with Chapman, German, and Loaiziga when they return.
BTW, when was the last time Hicks had a game winning hit ? Go figure.

Bullpen implosion. The Yankees finally lose a game.....a game that they had a 5-run lead in. Peralta and Castro stunk today.

Bullpen implosion. The Yankees finally lose a game.....a game that they had a 5-run lead in. Peralta and Castro stunk today.
When Castro walked the bases loaded Boone should have taken him out after all we had these great relievers so he gets ball over the plate bamm grandslam. This loss was on Boone.

Castro served up a full count meatball over the plate. As soon as it crossed the plate I was like "oh $hit". Peralta was slightly less sucky but wasn't very good. Hopefully some combination of Chapman, Britton and German can take over this spot after the All Star break.

Reactions: Kbee3
It feels like they walked 10 guys today... you can't expect to beat a good team when you do that. It sucks, but you deal with it and start a new winning streak tomorrow.

It feels like they walked 10 guys today... you can't expect to beat a good team when you do that. It sucks, but you deal with it and start a new winning streak tomorrow.
Actually, they only walked eight yesterday.
BTW, I was screaming at the TV when he let Severino come out for the 6th.

Reactions: RUDave_01
you are correct- my math was wrong- damn, he still sucks lol
Everything you say is wrong. Pretending you are a fan of the Yankees when the Mets aren't playing is hysterical. Turns out you are the mental midget. Stir up trouble on here and then go to the Mets thread and trash us over there. Why don't you take the advice of your fellow Mets fans and stay off the Yankee thread.

Reactions: Section124
Everything you say is wrong. Pretending you are a fan of the Yankees when the Mets aren't playing is hysterical. Turns out you are the mental midget. Stir up trouble on here and then go to the Mets thread and trash us over there. Why don't you take the advice of your fellow Mets fans and stay off the Yankee thread.
What the flaming F are you rambling on- there are time I will bust balls like all fans do. there are times I talk baseball- there are times I may say something and someone corrects me and I admit my mistake(hmmm- who doesnt do that) - I love NY/NJ sports- when my favorite team isn't winning- I would rather another NY/NJ team win.
I enjoy when both teams in town are doing well- makes the season a lot of fun.

You are still butt hurt when you ignored me when I said that Judge was a rare talent that I hoped to watch to have a full season healthy. But, at that time, I said I was not sure I would see it so he couldn't qualify in my eyes as one of the best.
You cried and ignored me. And your little mind didn't even understand I complemented him.
When you are at a light and it turns green but you are looking at someone's post that doesn't agree with you, and the car behind you gives a tap on the horn, I bet you call THEM the asshole.
And you know I am right...

Just enjoy the magical season your team is having. Stop looking at the trough and wishing you had a private urinal.

Reactions: czxqa
What the flaming F are you rambling on- there are time I will bust balls like all fans do. there are times I talk baseball- there are times I may say something and someone corrects me and I admit my mistake(hmmm- who doesnt do that) - I love NY/NJ sports- when my favorite team isn't winning- I would rather another NY/NJ team win.
I enjoy when both teams in town are doing well- makes the season a lot of fun.

You are still butt hurt when you ignored me when I said that Judge was a rare talent that I hoped to watch to have a full season healthy. But, at that time, I said I was not sure I would see it so he couldn't qualify in my eyes as one of the best.
You cried and ignored me. And your little mind didn't even understand I complemented him.
When you are at a light and it turns green but you are looking at someone's post that doesn't agree with you, and the car behind you gives a tap on the horn, I bet you call THEM the asshole.
And you know I am right...

Just enjoy the magical season your team is having. Stop looking at the trough and wishing you had a private urinal.
Apologize to the rest of you. Get back to your Yankees- My bad

Cole pitch’s 71/3 innings of 1 hit ball. Holmes comes in and let’s 2 runs in and ends up with the win. I hate that!

So, the reliever comes in with his team
winning, he blows the lead. his team scores
and he gets the win. I know it has always been
that way, but it makes no sense to me. it's time for MLB to take a look at making a change. I don't even believe the releavers would be up set.

Last edited:
So, the reliever comes in with his team
winning, he blows the lead. his team scores
and he gets the win. I know it has always been
that way, but it makes no sense to me. it's time for MLB to take a look at making a change. I don't even believe the releavers would be up set.
The other rule that sucks is a starting pitcher must go 5 innings for the win. All others have no requirements on how long they pitch, it can be one batter. In the early 2000s there were 2 pitchers that won but never even threw to the plate. They both picked off the runner on first to end the inning. The team then took the lead in the next 1/2 inning. One was BJ Ryan on the Orioles. Forget the other, a Rockies pitcher I think.

Might want to check that. They said Holmes in the postgame and CBS Sports also shows Holmes with the W and Peralta with the save.
That's because Holmes was still the pitcher of record when the Yankees scored in the 9th. Then Peralta came in to lock it down.

Whodathunkit, Hicks with the GW hit. Maybe he is better than a bucket of balls?

MLB shows Peralta with the win:

So that's odd as Holmes was the pitcher of record when the Yanks took the lead back. A little web searching produced this rule which I was not aware of "There is also a rarely used clause where an official scorer can deem a relief pitcher's appearance "brief and ineffective." (For example, if a reliever relinquished a one-run lead by allowing three runs, but was still in line for a win after his team scored four runs in the following inning -- that may qualify.) If that's the case, the scorer can award the win to a pitcher who followed that "brief and ineffective" pitcher. Which relief pitcher earns the win specifically is also up to the judgment of the official scorer." So is MLB wrong or did the official scorer implement this clause?

So that's odd as Holmes was the pitcher of record when the Yanks took the lead back. A little web searching produced this rule which I was not aware of "There is also a rarely used clause where an official scorer can deem a relief pitcher's appearance "brief and ineffective." (For example, if a reliever relinquished a one-run lead by allowing three runs, but was still in line for a win after his team scored four runs in the following inning -- that may qualify.) If that's the case, the scorer can award the win to a pitcher who followed that "brief and ineffective" pitcher. Which relief pitcher earns the win specifically is also up to the judgment of the official scorer." So is MLB wrong or did the official scorer implement this clause?
I have no idea what is going on! LOL.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Nestor not so nasty last night.
Also, Yanks 2 thru 6 hitters in lineup were 0 for 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT