ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no deGrom. Hmmm maybe he needs a break after missing most of the season or maybe it is his 2-4 record against the Yankees in 6 starts. His 3.51 ERA is a full point higher the his career ERA. That might be the real reason.
Or- maybe the Yankee series is not as important as the Braves series which he would miss if he pitched today...But you are the expert.
Though, there is an irrational part of me that really did wish he was pitching today. Only because it just becomes a very fun game to anticipate. Regardless of which NY team you are a fan of.

But it does make more sense to pitch him against the team chasing them

Reactions: RUfinally2008
After tonite's game... I think it's pretty clear Boone will never have enough confidence in Chapman to bring him into any high pressure situation.

The obvious question is if he's merely a guy you bring into a blowout win/loss? Just another high priced veteran to cut bait on.

Crazy stat mentioned in tonight's broadcast:

Even more the parallel with '61 and the M&M boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchLL
After tonite's game... I think it's pretty clear Boone will never have enough confidence in Chapman to bring him into any high pressure situation.

The obvious question is if he's merely a guy you bring into a blowout win/loss? Just another high priced veteran to cut bait on.
They've got a month to straighten him out. If not, forget putting him on the post-season roster.

Reactions: MitchLL
Sent to me by another board member. Can we just stop and analyze this scene?
1) In a weird way, I admire his precision with coring the hot dog and the order of operations
2) This was not the first hot dog straw of the night. The person recording this didn't comment aloud and seemingly knew what was going to happen.
3) That is probably a $7 straw, though I presume he would eat the dog afterwards (though now it is now going to be cold and soggy).
4) Wait, who drinks beer through straw?

1) In a weird way, I admire his precision with coring the hot dog and the order of operations
2) This was not the first hot dog straw of the night. The person recording this didn't comment aloud and seemingly knew what was going to happen.
3) That is probably a $7 straw, though I presume he would eat the dog afterwards (though now it is now going to be cold and soggy).
4) Wait, who drinks beer through straw?
Not to mention the plaid Yankee cap.

Reactions: RUDave_01
The Phillies could affect the AL best overall record by not pitching their aces in the final three games at Houston if their place in the NL Wild Card standings has been decided.

I rather talk Yankees then eating a hot dog
with a straw.
So what about Judge they give him nothing
to hit first time up, 2nd time intentionally walked, so 3rd time up the pitcher throws first
pitch over the plate and wham, bam, thank you mam. What a year he is having.

Fvck Chapman, that stupid ass.

Might be the dumbest mofo on the planet.

Saturday nite, piss another one down their leg and on Sunday... run the AAA pitching staff to the mound.

Can't see these clowns getting past their first round series in the postseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Oof, this thread had fallen to page 3. Apathy setting in, or just west coast trip fatigue?

Judge cracks #51, Taillon leaves game after taking a line drive to the forearm, Yanks win and snap the 3 game skid.

They had a great trivia question on last night's Amazon Prime broadcast:

Judge is the seventh center fielder all-time with a 50 HR season. Who are the other six?

P.S... My son and I could only name three.

Mantle, Mays, Brady Anderson are the 3 that popped in my head without cheating.

Mantle, Mays, Brady Anderson are the 3 that popped in my head without cheating.
Good call on Brady, he's easily forgettable given his power topped out soon after.

We had Mantle, Mays, and another. Will post the answer maybe tomorrow.

Good call on Brady, he's easily forgettable given his power topped out soon after.

We had Mantle, Mays, and another. Will post the answer maybe tomorrow.
I just remember that he had one big year due to roids and he fell off a cliff immediately after.

Reactions: RW90
Cole just can't avoid that one, big "gopherball" every game.

And batters still taking those first pitch strikes and falling behind in the count. That's a fundamental problem with the Yankee approach to hitting in this day and age. Gone are the days of trying to run up the pitch count.
These guys have no ability to adjust at the plate...Donaldson and Torres strike out with guys at 1st and 2nd.

Disgusting.

Just a complete shit show for the past two months.

Fire Boone's ass yesterday.

Last edited:
Cole just can't avoid that one, big "gopherball" every game.

And batters still taking those first pitch strikes and falling behind in the count. That's a fundamental problem with the Yankee approach to hitting in this day and age. Gone are the days of trying to run up the pitch count.
These guts have no ability to adjust at the plate...Donaldson and Torres strike out with guys at 1st and 2nd.

Disgusting.

Just a complete shit show for the past two months.

Fire Boone's ass yesterday.
Team is toast.

Team is toast.
Between Donaldson, Hicks, and even LeMahieu not playing well...then Torres, Thaillon, and the bullpen looking like shit...I feel bad for Judge busting his ass.

Without a WS appearance, Steinbrenner needs to clean house and boot Cashman and Boone.

Outside of Benintendi, the moves at the deadline look incompetent.

They had a great trivia question on last night's Amazon Prime broadcast:

Judge is the seventh center fielder all-time with a 50 HR season. Who are the other six?

P.S... My son and I could only name three.
Trying to forget about another disgusting loss...
  • Hack Wilson
  • Mickey Mantle
  • Willie Mays
  • Ken Griffey Jr.
  • Brady Anderson
  • Andruw Jones

Reactions: Rhuarc and MitchLL
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT