ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yankees seem to be a shit house or castle offensive team.
When your line up doesn’t protect the plate, foul of pitches and take walks, you’re the antithesis of a strong playoff team.
Fouling of pitches and high pitch counts was the brilliance of the late 90's teams.

Fouling of pitches and high pitch counts was the brilliance of the late 90's teams.
First half of this season, Yanks were actually doing that very well. They had a very low K rate compared to most of the league- were working counts and creating walks and high pitch counts.
They seem to be just the opposite now,

Nestor goes today to try to end the losing streak.
Hicks and Marwin are both in the lineup, So, I guess Boone is bringing in the heavy artillery.
BTW, reports are that Stanton looked "rusty" in his first rehab assignment.

Hicks and Marwin are both in the lineup, So, I guess Boone is bringing in the heavy artillery.
But he is glad he played hurt in the All Star game.

Thank goodness for Cortez and Judge this year.

Nester has been the only sure thing pitching for a while now.

Abreu to IL.
Replaced by some other guy (Luke Bard) picked up off of the scrap heap.

It should be interesting today with the retirement of O'Neill's number.
For some hard-to-figure reason he has not been vaccined for Covid protection.
Just dumb.

Abreu to IL.
Replaced by some other guy (Luke Bard) picked up off of the scrap heap.
There seems to be a trend that when you struggle on the field...within a certain period of time you end up on the IL. Is that an excuse for poor performance or are they incredibly cautious about further damage?

Or are these guys so fragile they just fold?

Playing small ball today, but I guess they forgot to tell Torres...swinging on a 3-0 count.

Just exemplifies why they're in this slump. They play like they don't GAF.

Did the Yankees just bunt a man over to 3rd??? What?? Cashman is going to fire Boone over that move.

Did the Yankees just bunt a man over to 3rd??? What?? Cashman is going to fire Boone over that move.
Did the Yankees fielders run into each other again? How about the f..ing coaches holding classes on calling for the ball. All the announcer did was brag about the fielding of this kid
That play may have cost us the game.

Did the Yankees fielders run into each other again? How about the f..ing coaches holding classes on calling for the ball. All the announcer did was brag about the fielding of this kid
That play may have cost us the game.
Coney felt that was more on Marwin since Cabrera can't be expected to turn around. I tend to agree with him. After that play and the Vogelbach homer that followed, I thought to myself "Oh boy, the clown rodeo just started up the car again." but to their credit, Bennie got a run back and the pen did a great job.

I will admit I did not expect German to be dealing like he was tonight.

Jordan Montgomery now 4-0 in 4 starts with a 0.35 ERA and a complete game shutout. This trade is more puzzling everyday. Also shows that the Yankee analytics team and pitching staff suck.
It really is insane. We got a guy still on the IL in return. And the other addition to the rotation (Montas) has been bad. I’ll never understand the calculus behind this move. I know people say that Montgomery wasn’t going to factor into the playoff rotation, but I don’t get it. He had been a steady (at times very good) and reliable left handed innings eater with an ERA in the 3s. Now with a chip on his shoulder in STL he’s even better. Just bonkers.

Reactions: batts
It really is insane. We got a guy still on the IL in return. And the other addition to the rotation (Montas) has been bad. I’ll never understand the calculus behind this move. I know people say that Montgomery wasn’t going to factor into the playoff rotation, but I don’t get it. He had been a steady (at times very good) and reliable left handed innings eater with an ERA in the 3s. Now with a chip on his shoulder in STL he’s even better. Just bonkers.
And all the Cardinals did was tell him to use his 4 seamer more. Nothing mechanical. Obviously their analytics team knows what they are doing.

And all the Cardinals did was tell him to use his 4 seamer more. Nothing mechanical. Obviously their analytics team knows what they are doing.
Maybe they do not have a analytics team like us. Maybe they just told him ignore the Yankee
analytics team and do what you do.

So no deGrom. Hmmm maybe he needs a break after missing most of the season or maybe it is his 2-4 record against the Yankees in 6 starts. His 3.51 ERA is a full point higher the his career ERA. That might be the real reason.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT