ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Philadelphia Phillies Season And Post Season Thread

Wow. Well step one of my plan is in place. Now either get on a 10 out of 12 or start trading everyone.

As for Girardi, he seemed like a decent enough guy. I just think he sucked at running pitching changes. And maybe motivation. We'll see about that motivation.
Some Mets fans wanted Girardi when Rojas was fired. Not me. Gabe Kapler 2.0? (kidding).
Don't know if there are any semi-retired managers out there- but so far, Buck Showalter has been a huge upgrade for the Mets, but the Mets could not sink any lower than the last several years.

Some Mets fans wanted Girardi when Rojas was fired. Not me. Gabe Kapler 2.0? (kidding).
Don't know if there are any semi-retired managers out there- but so far, Buck Showalter has been a huge upgrade for the Mets, but the Mets could not sink any lower than the last several years.
You can't blame Giradi about the shitshow called the Phillies bullpen. Horrible before he came here and still worst in the league. He had no problems with how he handled the pitchers in NY. Sure it helped he had Mo but the rest of that bullpen was Huges. Coke. Bruney, Robertson, Aceves. No other HOF in that bunch. Add in that every position player signed this off season sucks on defense. But Dombrowski wasn't going to fire himself.

You can't blame Giradi about the shitshow called the Phillies bullpen. Horrible before he came here and still worst in the league. He had no problems with how he handled the pitchers in NY. Sure it helped he had Mo but the rest of that bullpen was Huges. Coke. Bruney, Robertson, Aceves. No other HOF in that bunch. Add in that every position player signed this off season sucks on defense. But Dombrowski wasn't going to fire himself.
Tend to agree. The manager is the easiest scapegoat and target to fire. From watching just the games against the Mets, biggest for the Phillies are the bullpen and the fielding.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
Much more on Dombroski then on Joe but he isn't going to fire himself. You cant go sign a bunch of DH's. And then you lose one of you top defenders from playing the field and have to use him as DH and have no backup plan.

question for you guys-outside of Realmuto, who would be considered a plus defender in the starting lineup?
You guys have a couple of really good starting pitchers and a couple of good relief. Hitting is still good but it almost seems like a softball team out there.

Well he does seem to like letting Familia touch the ball. And that's always a mistake.

Reactions: cicero grimes
question for you guys-outside of Realmuto, who would be considered a plus defender in the starting lineup?
You guys have a couple of really good starting pitchers and a couple of good relief. Hitting is still good but it almost seems like a softball team out there.
There was a time when Segura was considered a plus defender. Not sure if that's true anymore. We have 4 DHs playing defense right now. Roster construction was an absolute joke, and Dombrowski is 100% to blame for all of this.

When Harper is playing in the outfield, he is a plus defender. I don't know the stats, but I fear that as Realmuto ages he is becoming less of a plus defender. I can't think of anyone else who is even remotely a plus defender.

I'm not sure Realmuto is anymore either. He looks like he took three steps back the year after the Phil's signed him.

What a comeback today...twice! Down 4 in the 8th. Score 4 to tie it. Down 1 in the 9th. Walkoff 3 run Homer for the victory.

Just caught Harper's GS on TiVo. Damn he smo-o-o-o-ked that ball.

I was there today.I just got home.

Today was one of the top ten games I've ever seen in person.Harper was one day early.It was his 6th slam of his career,tying the game at 6-6.In 1983,Michael Jack hit his 7th slam in the top of
the 11th,giving the Fightins' an 11-7 win at 11:11 PM.

Viva Las Vegas(Both Harper and Stott are from there.)

As Rod Serling would say,now the questions come to mind.Does Knebel stay as the closer?If Camargo is out,can a Stott-Gregorious DP tandem work.Should Gibson be yanked from the rotation?

BTW-This is my first post since Oct.17,when Delta nailed me.After fooling around with some cures,I told my doctor to give me 50 mg of amitriptyline in late December since I read that anti-depressants could work for some people.In three weeks,I was about 90 per cent.5 months later,the cure is still holding.

On Thursday,I'll nail down the silver lot to begin my 29th consecutive year.

I'm back.

We dug ourselves such a big hole that climbing out to something like 86-76 by seasons end would be an epic feat. I think we finish something like 82-80.

Not a Phillies fan but your #1 round draft pick from last year just moved up a level…

Not sure where you guys live but the BlueClaws park is very nice…price, parking, concessions.

Yeah we kicked around going a couple of years ago to see some other kid. Might do it.

An improbable top of the ninth.Vierling would not even be in Milwaukee were it not for Wheeler's paternity leave.

The bottom of ninth did nothing to change my feeling that Knebel should retire to write his novel "Seven Blown Saves in May."

An improbable top of the ninth.Vierling would not even be in Milwaukee were it not for Wheeler's paternity leave.

The bottom of ninth did nothing to change my feeling that Knebel should retire to write his novel "Seven Blown Saves in May."

LOL.

Phils BABY! ALL IN!!!

They're just setting us up for more heartbreak.

Nice pair of HRs in the 9th though.

Phillies Train coming up on the Mets. (The guy is the Mets)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Tomorrow afternoon,Moniak and Stubbs should be in there against the Cy Young winner.Hoskins and Bohm should be the only righties.

LOL.

Phils BABY! ALL IN!!!

They're just setting us up for more heartbreak.

Nice pair of HRs in the 9th though.

Phillies Train coming up on the Mets. (The guy is the Mets)

maxresdefault.jpg
Until you are playing the Mets again and the train turns around

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
We should have known that the Brewers didn't have a chance today when Front Row Amy failed to show.

Either of them.

It’s all about the bats for this team. Starting pitching with nice cushions. Nice leads where D and bullpen don’t matter. The game is simple for us when we score 6+ runs every night.

Nice bounce back tonight from yesterday's 13 run pool.

Does Maton get sent out when he's ready?Or will Moniak get sent back until September,when he and Segura can be added?Then,there's the Camargo situation.I'd rather that they go with 13 pitchers.This starting staff gives enough length to do that.

Harper is MVP level locked in right now..
Hoskins looks to be starting his yearly six weeks of good hitting.
Familia lost yesterday's game. He sucks. We were Familiarized.
I'm tempted to be a seller at the deadline. Hoskins, Realmuto, Segura, DD (unless they decide to re-sign Segura)

Harper is MVP level locked in right now..
Hoskins looks to be starting his yearly six weeks of good hitting.
Familia lost yesterday's game. He sucks. We were Familiarized.
I'm tempted to be a seller at the deadline. Hoskins, Realmuto, Segura, DD (unless they decide to re-sign Segura)
There are like 12 wild cards spots per league now. Hard to sell. I think, and I don't think it's an overstatement, if you replace Familia with a league-average reliever, we are at least 3 games better, and probably more. If you buy legitimate bullpen pieces, this team can win.

There are like 12 wild cards spots per league now. Hard to sell. I think, and I don't think it's an overstatement, if you replace Familia with a league-average reliever, we are at least 3 games better, and probably more. If you buy legitimate bullpen pieces, this team can win.

Yeah I see your point. Maybe sell a little - Hoskins for a SP or good prospect. 1Bs are a dime a dozen and he only really hits well six weeks a year.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Yeah I see your point. Maybe sell a little - Hoskins for a SP or good prospect. 1Bs are a dime a dozen and he only really hits well six weeks a year.
I'd have no problem dealing him or Didi, but you need someone who's willing to buy. Is there a trade partner out there?

The feeling seems to be that Trea Turner wants to come back East.By not signing Segura and Didi,they'll have the cash for Turner.They figured that Stott can take whatever side if second that Turner doesn't want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT