ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2023 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom third of tonight's Yankees lineup:
Kiner-Falefa .120
Higashioka .167
Hicks .125
The entire team couldn't hit for chit tonight. But they gotta do better than these three.
Time should be up for the $10 million dollar man.
A team with the NYY resources and they trot that dogshit out there is embarrassing.

Reactions: Rhuarc
It's remarkable how good the Yankees record is considering they have a half dozen starters on the IL.
We seem to say something similar every season now. Are modern players just sissies?

It's remarkable how good the Yankees record is considering they have a half dozen starters on the IL.
The way your guys are playing should pay dividends later in the season when you are healthy and everyone is playing well. These gritty type of wins pay off by the end of the season- you just need TB to take a bit of a tumble.

Reactions: RUDave_01
I think with these big money contracts, teams take the safe route and IL guys sooner.
I agree in part. It is smart to do this but you just can’t look at a guy making 20 mil plus and see this every year.

Still don’t get why Calhoun is starting every day. I get they have injuries. Rather play a kid from AAA.
He's a lefty who was doing pretty good in Spring training. He keeps up with the O-fers and he'll be back at AAA soon enough.

King is another guy that has pretty much struggled in every appearance this season.

Hopefully that's just rust from being out so long.

Team isn't hitting, just lost their first series of the season, and now they're off to Minnesota to face Sonny Gray in Minnesota.
3/5ths of the starting rotation still out...one third of the lineup too.
Somebody needs to step up.

Reactions: MitchLL
Team isn't hitting, just lost their first series of the season, and now they're off to Minnesota to face Sonny Gray in Minnesota.
3/5ths of the starting rotation still out...one third of the lineup too.
Somebody needs to step up.
DJ seems to be the only one hitting. They even wasted a good outing by Schmidt because of it.

Reynolds signs longterm deal with Pirates. Not that he was coming here, but this should squash the rumors.

The Yankees lost a series to the Twins for the first time in 22 years! It's going to be a long season.

Yankees team batting average .225.
27th in the MLB. Yankees have zero players batting .300, just 4 players batting above .250
Brian Cashman built team.
Are you sure he built the team? It looks to me like he dismantled it.
I like last nights line up, I hope they give it a shot, for awhile. I like the two players in front of
Judge and also the one batting behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT