ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

Glad we won. Not sure why the Yankees are so enamored with Holmes as the closer. Pretty much anyone is better.
So sick of nearly every Holmes appearance where he hits a guy or walks somebody.
Every fricken time.
Seldom has a clean inning.
They win IN SPITE OF Holmes, not BECAUSE OF him.
He had a great first half of the 2022 season and hasn't been good since.

Last edited:
Glad we won. Not sure why the Yankees are so enamored with Holmes as the closer. Pretty much anyone is better.
Good win, keep the positive vibes going. As of now, our starters have been acceptable.

I thought it was a particularly tough way to start this season...four at Houston and three at Arizona.
6-1 is very nice.

Reactions: MitchLL
Yankees Outfielder Alex Verdugo typically plays with several gaudy chains bouncing around his neck, but manager Aaron Boone is limiting him…

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Holmes had a 5.57 ERA with 84 walks in 119.67 innings before joining the Yankees.

I’m not sure which most amazes me:
- The numbers he’s put up as a Yankee
- He’d ever be considered a closer

The Monday game against the Marlins has been moved to 6:05 PM,from 2:05 PM due to the eclipse.
I made mention of this 2 months ago.They finally did the right thing.

Strangely,the Marlins blamed their poor start on shadows in Miami as the roof has been open for their games.

The Monday game against the Marlins has been moved to 6:05 PM,from 2:05 PM due to the eclipse.

Strangely,the Marlins blamed their poor start on shadows in Miami as the roof has been open for their games.
This just in, my daughter's middle school lacrosse game is starting as planned. Should be double fun on Monday!

The Yankees had nothing to do with this. MLB changed all games in the zone and just outside of it.

Pretty disappointing opening day.
As the offense stumbles, people are starting to ask why Stanton is batting fourth.
They'll give him some more time but I'm thinking they're just gonna eat his contract at the end of this year. He's giving us nothing.

He seems to relish in being hated by everyone except fellow umpires.
I'm not convinced the other umpires like him either.

Not only did the pitcher step off when Gleyber was hitting but it was a f'n ball.

Reactions: Kbee3
Yankees now 10-2....not too shabby.
Rodon starting to look like the guy we thought we were getting last year.
Still waiting on our centerfielder to start hitting.

Last edited:
Yankees now 10-2....not too shabby.
Rodon starting to look like the guy we thought we were getting last year.
Still waiting on our centerfielder to start hitting.
Honestly, he'll hit at some point so if we're still winning games right now, it's better to spread it out across the season.

Maybe this will be the year we'll get some breaks.

Honestly, he'll hit at some point so if we're still winning games right now, it's better to spread it out across the season.

Maybe this will be the year we'll get some breaks.
Look at what Stanton has done lately. That could be the biggest break of all if he could, somehow, become a true hitter again. Except for his first season with the Yanks he has been a zombie on that team.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Look at what Stanton has done lately. That could be the biggest break of all if he could, somehow, become a true hitter again. Except for his first season with the Yanks he has been a zombie on that team.
Excellent point.

@colbert17

5-2 Marlins, bottom 9th, two outs, two men on, Soto at the plate. He walked on 6 pitches, don’t think he took a swing in the at bat. Keeping the game alive for Judge isn’t the worst thing in the world (though Judge ended up flying out), but I recall this approach of his was one of your criticisms when he was with the Padres…sometimes you need aggression out of your big bats in big moments.

Reactions: colbert17
@colbert17

5-2 Marlins, bottom 9th, two outs, two men on, Soto at the plate. He walked on 6 pitches, don’t think he took a swing in the at bat. Keeping the game alive for Judge isn’t the worst thing in the world (though Judge ended up flying out), but I recall this approach of his was one of your criticisms when he was with the Padres…sometimes you need aggression out of your big bats in big moments.
Judge has to start hitting.

@colbert17

Excellent example of what I was talking about.

H
Just like Ted Williams. So far so good with Soto. He's had a few clutch hits already.
He'll get some big hits and like I said he'll put up some numbers but I'm still glad that he's no longer a Padre.
Checking in with players the Padres got Michael King and Dylan Cease (Drew Thorpe was part of the package for Cease).

King: 2-0, 3.14 ERA
Cease: 1-1, 2.16
Brito after an excellent spring has not been good coming out of the pen so far.

All under team control for at least the next two years.

H

He'll get some big hits and like I said he'll put up some numbers but I'm still glad that he's no longer a Padre.
Checking in with players the Padres got Michael King and Dylan Cease (Drew Thorpe was part of the package for Cease).

King: 2-0, 3.14 ERA
Cease: 1-1, 2.16
Brito after an excellent spring has not been good coming out of the pen so far.

All under team control for at least the next two years.
Different situation for Soto and the Yanks. Taking a walk in front of Judge is always a good at bat.

King is a good pitcher, but starting pitchers are becoming less and less valuable due to long injuries.

Reactions: Kbee3
Different situation for Soto and the Yanks. Taking a walk in front of Judge is always a good at bat.

King is a good pitcher, but starting pitchers are becoming less and less valuable due to long injuries.
I didn't disagree with Soto not swinging at four balls, taking the walk, and passing the baton to Judge. Unfortunately, Judge is struggling at the beginning of this season.
And Stroman was guilty of one bad inning....with a lead-off walk, a hit-and-run single, an infield single, and then a big home run.
It's one of the problems with being a baseball fan....your team, no matter how good, is gonna lose at least 50 ball games during a given season.

Rained out today in Cleveland.
Day-Night doubleheader tomorrow.

Last edited:
Florial hits a homer against us, of course. Hitting .150 though on the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT