ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread (with LIVE UPDATES)

Why aren’t the 1st and 2rd NBA draft picks in 2024 not playing for France? You would think they would good enough. The French team has two Knick rejects.

What sport will the US add to the 2028 Olympic Games?

I think it should be lacrosse or bowling. I guess there has to be a process in getting a sport with some popularity in a certain number of countries before it can be added.

I guess a third sport could be disc golf.

Just looked it up and flag football and lacrosse have been added as well as squash, cricket and baseball and softball. There might have been a few others.

Bowling is getting a bad deal. Just put the bowling and table tennis in the same arena with table tennis played first.

Last edited:

I think it should be lacrosse or bowling. I guess there has to be a process in getting a sport with some popularity in a certain number of countries before it can be added.

Baseball/softball.

To me track and field, wrestling and weightlifting is the Olympic
I haven't even seen any lifting this year,
Back in the Cold War days Vasily Alekseyev was a star lifter for USSR.
The most watched Olympic sport since 96 is gymnastics (women's mostly)
Track seems to have the most drama with a few fractions determining medals
In all sports I tend to prefer outdoor sports - under the sky, in the elements, big crowds.
Even is HS I never felt right sitting in a gym watching sports.

Lacrosse is already in the LA games

More senseless turnovers. NBA players have a hard time grasping how short these games are and how important possessions are

Just looked it up and flag football and lacrosse have been added as well as squash, cricket and baseball and softball. There might have been a few others.

Bowling is getting a bad deal. Just put the bowling and table tennis in the same arena with table tennis played first.
Cornhole

Flag football and squash have been approved as first-time additions in Los Angeles, while baseball, softball, lacrosse and cricket will be added after various lengths of absence. Lacrosse has not been an Olympic sport since 1908. Cricket was contested once, in Paris in 1900

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT