ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Women's World Cup Thread

Weather issues there, possible 80mph winds. Some rain expected as big storm goes thru Paris. Rain expected for USA match also.

The pre-game show on Tuesday before the USA game will show the team on Normandy beach talking with survivors. A must watch.

The US is not considered the favorite here - France is. The "underdog" role may suit them well. I do not think they are nearly as strong this Cup than the last couple of cups, but they are still a formidable team. Their speed/skill should make lesser teams look silly, but against the good teams center defense could get exposed. Carli on the bench could be big weapon for the US, but I think she should be starting. Coach has to find a way to put best 11 out there - Carli is one of best 11.

Reactions: RU23
Pre-Show at 2pm is supposed to cover the teams meeting with WWII vets at Normandy

The US is not considered the favorite here - France is. The "underdog" role may suit them well. I do not think they are nearly as strong this Cup than the last couple of cups, but they are still a formidable team. Their speed/skill should make lesser teams look silly, but against the good teams center defense could get exposed. Carli on the bench could be big weapon for the US, but I think she should be starting. Coach has to find a way to put best 11 out there - Carli is one of best 11.

The USA are the odds on favorite to win the Title. France is second.

https://www.sportsline.com/womens-world-cup/

Important to increase the goal differential since Sweden won 2-0

If Heath and Rapinoe were playing better we would be up more.

Last edited:
Heath plays/dribbles with the ball way too much. Also not sure why they're not shooting more from outside. Should be 4 or 5 by now. Quick one-touch passing and this team would be dead.

I got US -7.5
Carli in 57th min
Thai coach doesn't even shake his players' hands when they come off - DB

Last edited:
I got US -7.5
Carli in 57th min
Thai coach doesn't even shake his players' hands when they come off - DB
I bet it on PlayMGM but they had it at -5 goals at -135 odds. They also had a promo that if Alex Morgan scores, your bet is an automatic win. So a nice early win with her getting a goal in the 12th minute!

Good luck with your action!

Lalas arguing in support of keeping the foot on the gas. Not the US's responsibility to play down to their opponent.

You keep playing, sure, but you don’t need to be pushing the action either and we were right up to the last seconds. Things like that tend ru bite you in the ass.

You keep playing, sure, but you don’t need to be pushing the action either and we were right up to the last seconds. Things like that tend ru bite you in the ass.

Agree, why run up the score? Why not empty the bench at 8-0?

Alexi Laylas w the razor cut haircut makes me chuckle. Remember his look when he played for RU?

Alexi Laylas w the razor cut haircut makes me chuckle. Remember his look when he played for RU?
Didn’t he look like carrot top...sans all the plastic surgery?

We had used all our subs, however, we left three of our biggest stars in the game instead of subbing them out. There is no reason for Alex Morgan to be in there after she got her third goal.

Seems they’re doing fine without her. Maybe she’s not as good as she thinks she is.

Carli finally meant she finally got a goal, not that she was put into the game. She missed 2 good opportunities then finally put one away.

And Carli not good? Please.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Now you hope we lose? Geez, great fans on here. You do realize that goal differential is a key factor in placement in the group phase, right? If they wanted mercy play, they shouldn't have set it up that way.

Reactions: Bagarocks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT