ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Women's World Cup Thread

Curious.. what is my agenda?

Loved the pic of the Lavelle score.. agony of defeat vs elation while falling

Live.. I saw Morgan react to Dunn's missed try (which I said was amazing to get that shot.. but passing it across would have been an easy goal for Morgan (and I said I have seen Dunn do that many times this tourney.. on offense.. just doesn't pay heads-up on offense.. though I did see her make a great pass once.. on defense she's aces)

And we all know Morgan and Rapinoe were competing for the Golden Boot. And we all know what political comments Rapinoe made and TV showed a long line of US women singing the Anthem ending in Rapinoe silently frowning. And we all saw that Rapinoe's goals were largely penalty kicks awarded for others efforts.. so.. yeah.. I put 2 and 2 together and thought Morgan wanted another goal... is that "my agenda"?
You don't get it do you? The thread will be locked again because you can't abide by the rules of the thread.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
You don't get it do you? The thread will be locked again because you can't abide by the rules of the thread.
You don't get it.. I want to know what "my agenda" is based on the content of my post.

Rapinoe introduced politics to the US Womens Soccer team and I barely mentioned that. Nothing said went beyond that. I did not call out any posters nor talk about anything NOT directly related to the US Womens soccer team.

But, sure, I'll drop it.

Yep, the usual suspects from the CE board, who feel threatened by women and minorities finally leveling the playing field in sports and life, getting all wound up about women's (that's why many call them "girls" in a weak attempt to disparage them) soccer stars having the audacity to speak up and ads that highlight the progress of women.

And way too many who love to call out that women are physically inferior to men at sports, as if that's some new information and relevant here. There's simply something wrong with people who can't appreciate the best women in the world giving their all at the world's most popular sport (or any sport).

I agree with just about everything you say but I say girls sometimes and it is in no way meant to be disparaging. They are an amazing team and dynasty at this point. Rutgers and PSU are both well represented.

I have literally never heard Alex Morgan say "women". They all pretty much say girls when talking about each other.

We won’t have to see Rapinoe anymore. She’s now irrelevant. That will make rooting for the team easier.

Why are you so focused on race? The only people mentioning it are the typical CE board far leftists

This team was very poorly viewed in Europe, I can tell you that for certain.
Poorly viewed? Most of the world have always viewed Americans poorly because of our "better than you" approach to everything we do. Anything other than first is really last place.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Poorly viewed? Most of the world have always viewed Americans poorly because of our "better than you" approach to everything we do. Anything other than first is really last place.
The women’s team is cocky no doubt, but they’ve earned the right to be. Not sure why them being cocky and successful is such a problem for some...

I hope everyone else now gets it, I'm 100% for separating politics from sports and entertainment, however if you have no problem with Rapinoe taking a stand against the flag and bringing politics into the World Cup but have a problem with politics being talked in this thread, then you're really being a hypocrite. I've been pleading that we stop poisoning all areas of life with politics, I'd like to watch a football game without controversy over the flag hanging over it, I would have LOVED to have watch this World Cup without one of the players tainting it with politics and I like to be able to go to concerts without having a singer spew their politics when I paid top dollar to hear them sing.

You can't escape the poisoned political climate in this country right now, everywhere you go it's there and that's not a healthy thing for this country as a whole from a mental aspect.

And like GoodOl'Rutgers I've said my piece and am done.

A great day for the United States. Well done ladies!

9d100cd6448043c3bfd1b872f62fddfd.jpg

I hope everyone else now gets it, I'm 100% for separating politics from sports and entertainment, however if you have no problem with Rapinoe taking a stand against the flag and bringing politics into the World Cup but have a problem with politics being talked in this thread, then you're really being a hypocrite. I've been pleading that we stop poisoning all areas of life with politics, I'd like to watch a football game without controversy over the flag hanging over it, I would have LOVED to have watch this World Cup without one of the players tainting it with politics and I like to be able to go to concerts without having a singer spew their politics when I paid top dollar to hear them sing.

You can't escape the poisoned political climate in this country right now, everywhere you go it's there and that's not a healthy thing for this country as a whole from a mental aspect.

And like GoodOl'Rutgers I've said my piece and am done.

She wasn't taking a stand against the flag or the country. Only an idiot would think that.

Quotation-Theodore-Roosevelt-Patriotism-means-to-stand-by-the-country-It-does-not-48-84-16.jpg

Did you get my point? Or you too much of an idiot?

She was asked if she would go to the White House. She answered. Blame the reporter.

And every American has the right to protest. Protesting does not make someone "un-American". If she was protesting how we treat our veterans, would you still be wetting your pants? My guess is you are only upset with things becoming "political" when you don't agree with point being made.

She was asked if she would go to the White House. She answered. Blame the reporter.

And every American has the right to protest. Protesting does not make someone "un-American". If she was protesting how we treat our veterans, would you still be wetting your pants? My guess is you are only upset with things becoming "political" when you don't agree with point being made.
Go here if you want to continue this: https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/uswnt.169736/page-2#post-3920038

Reactions: jtung230
The women get guaranteed contracts. Fifa gives the women a larger percentage of World Cup revenue than the men. Do 90% of people discussing the issue even know this?

The women’s team is certainly generated more revenue then they ever have before. They are also being paid more than they ever have before.

The women get guaranteed contracts. Fifa gives the women a larger percentage of World Cup revenue than the men. Do 90% of people discussing the issue even know this?
If that’s true, then things aren’t equal. The men should threaten a boycott.

Not if the US men made the World Cup. Apples and oranges. Watch a women’s friendly match. You can count the people in the stands.
But the didn't make the world cup, so again if they got paid based on what revenue they brought in each year then all would be fair, but they don't. The women have had more revenue then the men for the last three years and yet they get paid less, how can you not agree this is wrong.

But the didn't make the world cup, so again if they got paid based on what revenue they brought in each year then all would be fair, but they don't. The women have had more revenue then the men for the last three years and yet they get paid less, how can you not agree this is wrong.

The pay models are different. Essentially, Women get base salary plus performance bonus. Men get performance bonus only. And the bonuses are tied to FIFA bonuses, which the US doesn’t control. FIFA bonuses are many times higher for men than women. Any pay system tied to FIFA bonus payouts is going to favor the men. The only way to equalize pay is to take performance bonuses out of the equation and go to straight salary. And then the women would rightfully be upset that they get paid equal to the men even though they are better.

There is nearly no inequality claim to be made its really more about market cap of women’s soccer. Everything USSF related comes down to CBA negotiating and the mess that is Soccer United Marketing.

So now every fourth post will essentially be - I posted my political thoughts here but you have to post yours somewhere else.

Not if the US men made the World Cup. Apples and oranges. Watch a women’s friendly match. You can count the people in the stands.

So should we pay teams based on hypothetical outcomes? Reality is the women out-earned the men.

I have been to women’s friendly matches and they are usually sold out - e.g. this past memorial weekend against Mexico and the She Believes Cup are just a few examples.

The women’s team is certainly generated more revenue then they ever have before. They are also being paid more than they ever have before.

The payout of the men’s World Cup is over $440M versus $30M (going to $60M in ‘23) for women this year. The viewership for the men’s World Cup was 4 billion (32 teams and more matches) vs the women (1 billion). Also a 30 second ad on Fox during the quarterfinals pulled in $140K roughly the same amount for the men’s quarterfinals.

I can still see why there would be a discrepancy in the FIFA payout but the prize money for the women should be at $90M understanding that the gate revenue has an impact here.

Reactions: redking
The payout of the men’s World Cup is over $440M versus $30M (going to $60M in ‘23) for women this year. The viewership for the men’s World Cup was 4 billion (32 teams and more matches) vs the women (1 billion). Also a 30 second ad on Fox during the quarterfinals pulled in $140K roughly the same amount for the men’s quarterfinals.

I can still see why there would be a discrepancy in the FIFA payout but the prize money for the women should be at $90M understanding that the gate revenue has an impact here.

But the men didn't make the World's Cup. The question is does this mean the women are underpaid or that the men are overpaid?

But the men didn't make the World's Cup. The question is does this mean the women are underpaid or that the men are overpaid?

The men are underpaid on an individual basis in both World Cup and non world cup

did they really lose to a 15u boys travel team? is that true?
I believe it. I graduated '03 with Carli Lloyd, played a few pickup games with some of the team members and as a mediocre high school player I was better than most of them. Just the physical difference at that point more than technical skill, though at the highest levels its both...doesn't diminish what they accomplished.

Civil discourse.
Civil discourse is a 2-way street, if his intentions were genuine he would have left out the part about my opinions being drivel but he threw that in there and that tells me that his top concern wasn't to save the thread from politics but instead he didn't care for my politics and wanted to insult me in a lame passive aggressive manner.

Shouldn't it depend on who the top bread winners are? If we paid based on medals then if US Mens Handball team gets the Gold in the Olympics then they can say they should get top dollar.

The women's soccer team is 100% in the right if its true they bring in more money than the men and the men get paid more.

Shouldn't it depend on who the top bread winners are? If we paid based on medals then if US Mens Handball team gets the Gold in the Olympics then they can say they should get top dollar.

The women's soccer team is 100% in the right if its true they bring in more money than the men and the men get paid more.

But if the men "underearned" then it's them being overpaid and deserving of a pay cut rather than the women deserving a raise.

But if the men "underearned" then it's them being overpaid and deserving of a pay cut rather than the women deserving a raise.
I would agree, you get paid your worth, but does know if they're over or under paid? It shouldn't be that hard to determine.

I think both are probably the case, and both criteria (results and revenue generated) should be taken into consideration...which leads me to believe the men should get a cut and the women a bump.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT