ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Raiders Henry Ruggs charged with DUI and manslaughter

He could have the Dream Team representing him given the publicity of this and it wouldn't keep him out of jail.
The odd thing is the laws over DUI deaths are less mandatory time then any level murder charge. Most link it to a lesser manslaughter charge. Why??

The odd thing is the laws over DUI deaths are less mandatory time then any level murder charge. Most link it to a lesser manslaughter charge. Why??
I thought all DUI dearth's were manslaughter bc there isn't intent. But I honestly have no idea

Reactions: RUDiddy777
I've never seen a Corvette speeding. When I see one its usually driven by a middle aged guy who would rather do 6 mph near the girls at the beach than 106 on the highway .

In any case, it seems Vegas is having an epidemic of deadly crashes

Another Raider (Josh Jacobs) crashed into a bridge a few months ago

I thought all DUI dearth's were manslaughter bc there isn't intent. But I honestly have no idea
It is intentional. You get drunk, you drive, you kill someone. The lower charges of murder do not require intent.

I've never seen a Corvette speeding. When I see one its usually driven by a middle aged guy who would rather do 6 mph near the girls at the beach than 106 on the higway .

In any case, it seems Vegas is having an epidemic of deadly crashes

Another Raider (Josh Jacobs) crashed into a bridge a few months ago

Obvious performance cars are often driven so as to manage their profiles. You'll rarely see a McLaren doing a buck eighty on the Turnpike.

That doesn't mean the owner has never driven said McLaren at a buck eighty. It just means you haven't seen it.

Years ago Car & Driver did a story about a guy who lived in Princeton Twp. and owned an exceedingly rare Ferrari 250 GT. The author rode along as the owner drove up 206 at 6am on a Sunday morning, past the diner at the old Bridgewater circle and counted the NJSP cars in the parking lot. The whole patrol shift was there, as per usual. They proceeded up to 287 and did a top speed run up to 78 and back.

Try in English this time.

Okay.

This:

"It is intentional. You get drunk, you drive, you kill someone."..

...is simply untrue. It's untrue, in part, because contrary to what you posted, all crimes categorized as "murder" require malice aforethought. Drinking, driving and crashing do not rise to the level of malice aforethought unless it could be proven that the perpetrator did, specifically, have intent to a) drink, b) subsequently drive and c) resultingly kill someone.

Okay.

This:

"It is intentional. You get drunk, you drive, you kill someone."..

...is simply untrue. It's untrue, in part, because contrary to what you posted, all crimes categorized as "murder" require malice aforethought. Drinking, driving and crashing do not rise to the level of malice aforethought unless it could be proven that the perpetrator did, specifically, have intent to a) drink, b) subsequently drive and c) resultingly kill someone.

Thats why the charge is manslaughter.

Obvious performance cars are often driven so as to manage their profiles. You'll rarely see a McLaren doing a buck eighty on the Turnpike.

That doesn't mean the owner has never driven said McLaren at a buck eighty. It just means you haven't seen it.

Years ago Car & Driver did a story about a guy who lived in Princeton Twp. and owned an exceedingly rare Ferrari 250 GT. The author rode along as the owner drove up 206 at 6am on a Sunday morning, past the diner at the old Bridgewater circle and counted the NJSP cars in the parking lot. The whole patrol shift was there, as per usual. They proceeded up to 287 and did a top speed run up to 78 and back.

Now I know what @mildone will be doing early next Sunday.

My buddies with those cars just take them to a race track and let it rip.

Reactions: RUBlackout

I think some states have an aggravated manslaughter charge with DWI being an aggravating circumstance.

You seriously want to make a racist comment in a situation where a young lady lost her life.
and yes- racist as hell
Obviously was referring to the woke taking down Gruden and in satire comparing it to vehicular manslaughter

But thanks for furthering my point!!

My buddies with those cars just take them to a race track and let it rip.

There is an entire category of cars that are a) not "race cars" and b) designed to go very fast on highways. A lot of very good, very expensive GT cars wouldn't be a whole lot of fun on a race track because that's not what they're designed for.

It's sometimes difficult for average drivers in the U.S. to really comprehend that there are many cars currently on our roads that are regularly driven at speeds well in excess of 100 mph back in their respective homelands.

Obviously was referring to the woke taking down Gruden and in satire comparing it to vehicular manslaughter

But thanks for furthering my point!!
Really…hmmmmm
Woke doesn’t really have anything to do with vehicular manslaughter or really even crime.
mid you were talking ‘woke’ in you example- it is still a racist remark just by the definition of woke.
mans if that wasn’t your intent, you better start being a bit more careful when you just start throwing those types of comments around.

My neighbor owns a Maclaren and a Porsche GT3z. I can tell you he drives around in them barely doing the speed limit. He basically drives them to car shows and takes them to tracks to really test out the speed. More for show than anything else

156 mph, .161 blood alcohol content, gun in the trunk. He is going away for a while.

My neighbor owns a Maclaren and a Porsche GT3z. I can tell you he drives around in them barely doing the speed limit. He basically drives them to car shows and takes them to tracks to really test out the speed. More for show than anything else
I know guys like that too. And that’s fine, I guess. These types of cars are works of engineering art.

But I prefer the “drive it like you stole it“ approach.

156 mph, .161 blood alcohol content, gun in the trunk. He is going away for a while.
It was very, very dumb.

I have no problem with fast. But fast and focused only. Not fast and inebriated. Not fast and distracted. Not fast when the road is busy. Etc.

Reactions: cicero grimes
he was in a corvette and hit a rav4.
You know, all the articles keep saying RAV4, but that sure looks like a Prius to me...

15790694_web1_RAINBOW-CRASH-NOV3-21-BT16.jpg

They are throwing the book at Ruggs. First, to make an example of him that in Vegas nobody will not get preferential treatment. Second, the way the poor girl died was just horrific. She was heard screaming in the burning vehicle; there is no worse way to die than to be conscious and burned alive.

.161 BAC.... damn... damn stupid. 0.08.. half that.. and maybe I'd wonder if the car was just too much for him even sober... but this is a pretty clear case. Feel sorry for everyone.. the victim and his family.. his GF.. even Ruggs and his family and friends which will surely be an emotional mess over this.. . Deadly bad judgement by him.. and his GF for getting in car... just so sad.. so young all-around.

Really…hmmmmm
Woke doesn’t really have anything to do with vehicular manslaughter or really even crime.
mid you were talking ‘woke’ in you example- it is still a racist remark just by the definition of woke.
mans if that wasn’t your intent, you better start being a bit more careful when you just start throwing those types of comments around.

Please

Get off your damn high horse already. You are not the arbiter of all things race because you're in a mixed marriage

It's absolutely likely Ruggs will see the field before Gruden ever coaches again. We've seen it a million times with talented athletes

Donte Stallworth is one case that comes to mind

They are throwing the book at Ruggs. First, to make an example of him that in Vegas nobody will not get preferential treatment. Second, the way the poor girl died was just horrific. She was heard screaming in the burning vehicle; there is no worse way to die than to be conscious and burned alive.

Based on that alone he should spend the rest of his life in jail

Reactions: Jm0513
Based on that alone he should spend the rest of his life in jail
I hope he rots in that cell. I hope he misses his daughter's wedding and every little milestone. I hope it pains him everyday that he doesn't get to see her. The same way the family of the 23 yr old girl he killed doesn't get to see her anymore.

I hope his kid grows up to hate him for what he did.
A selfish, selfish man getting in the car that night. I hope that motherfcker pays.
My daughter drives in 30 days. She is so excited and wants to drive with our dog(secure in her seat)
This incident chills me to the core.

I lost a close friend to a drunk driver over the Thanksgiving weekend in 1984. Still think of her every Thanksgiving. Her death destroyed her family.
The woman who killed her got ten years. Her reaction at sentencing to the judge was "you are ruining my life." I hope Mr. Ruggs is a little more self aware of the catastrophic damage he caused not only the victim but her family.

I hope he rots in that cell. I hope he misses his daughter's wedding and every little milestone. I hope it pains him everyday that he doesn't get to see her. The same way the family of the 23 yr old girl he killed doesn't get to see her anymore.

I hope his kid grows up to hate him for what he did.
A selfish, selfish man getting in the car that night. I hope that motherfcker pays.
My daughter drives in 30 days. She is so excited and wants to drive with our dog(secure in her seat)
This incident chills me to the core.
I hear you, it can be a little scary when your kids first start to drive, especially up where you live. The first time my daughter trekked all the way up to Pompton Lakes to visit her BF, she was like, those roads are insane! Big difference compared to OC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT