ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Raiders Henry Ruggs charged with DUI and manslaughter

I hope he rots in that cell. I hope he misses his daughter's wedding and every little milestone. I hope it pains him everyday that he doesn't get to see her. The same way the family of the 23 yr old girl he killed doesn't get to see her anymore.

I hope his kid grows up to hate him for what he did.
A selfish, selfish man getting in the car that night. I hope that motherfcker pays.
My daughter drives in 30 days. She is so excited and wants to drive with our dog(secure in her seat)
This incident chills me to the core.
Why should he be allowed to live and given 3 square meals a day? What he did is equivalent to firing a gun blindly in a public park. When you drive 156 on a local road you're going to likely kill someone.

The only shame in all of this is that he will be allowed to live when he shouldn't. He burned a 23 year old girl and her dog alive, while she screamed and her skin melted off her face. He was not blackout drunk and a friend of his died in a car accident. He knew what he was doing.

Based on that alone he should spend the rest of his life in jail
@Jm0513

You seen that commercial where the father is sitting in a room and his kid is playing a video game with multiple car crashes in the next. He then looks out the window at his new car and the insurance co. pitch begins with "he'll be driving soon......"

Reactions: Jm0513 and ashokan
Please

Get off your damn high horse already. You are not the arbiter of all things race because you're in a mixed marriage

It's absolutely likely Ruggs will see the field before Gruden ever coaches again. We've seen it a million times with talented athletes

Donte Stallworth is one case that comes to mind
I think you are missing my point. Heck- I was going to post that he has a better chance of getting back on the field then RR did when he had his problem. When a player is in their prime and producing, it trumps all. See- Ray Lewis, Aaron Hernandez, Big Ben...I don't think Gruden ever gets back on a sideline or part of an organization again. Though he may be allowed back in a booth.

What I specifically referred to is how a poster framed their comment. If a player like this ever gets back on the field it has nothing to do with comparing to Gruden, nothing to do with race, nothing to do with woke and nothing to do with current events. It would 100% be because the NFL and the owners and front offices will ignore everything if it helps their team win. And this has gone on for decades.
Your 2nd paragraph is correct. And the poster I referred too, should have stated it that way.

So, don't be getting all personal on me when you have no f-ing clue how to understand the actual point I was making. You have a problem with my marriage. We can have that discussion in person.

Reactions: hankee18
I hear you, it can be a little scary when your kids first start to drive, especially up where you live. The first time my daughter trekked all the way up to Pompton Lakes to visit her BF, she was like, those roads are insane! Big difference compared to OC
Forget the roads, did you make sure you were in the middle of cleaning your shotgun the first time you met the BF?

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
I think you are missing my point. Heck- I was going to post that he has a better chance of getting back on the field then RR did when he had his problem. When a player is in their prime and producing, it trumps all. See- Ray Lewis, Aaron Hernandez, Big Ben...I don't think Gruden ever gets back on a sideline or part of an organization again. Though he may be allowed back in a booth.

What I specifically referred to is how a poster framed their comment. If a player like this ever gets back on the field it has nothing to do with comparing to Gruden, nothing to do with race, nothing to do with woke and nothing to do with current events. It would 100% be because the NFL and the owners and front offices will ignore everything if it helps their team win. And this has gone on for decades.
Your 2nd paragraph is correct. And the poster I referred too, should have stated it that way.

So, don't be getting all personal on me when you have no f-ing clue how to understand the actual point I was making. You have a problem with my marriage. We can have that discussion in person.
He’s clearly talking about the hypocrisy of the NFL. There are many examples. You really need to relax with the racist stuff. You go there way too often.

In NJ he would likely be
Ruggs isn't "getting back on the field". He's been released by the Raiders and is bound for prison.
In NJ he would be facing 5-10 years with a 3 year minimum before parole eligibility. Assuming he does 5 years due to the horrific nature in which the victim died, he will be 29 years old when he gets out and out of the game for 5 years. Not sure how much interest any team would have in him at that point, not considering the bad PR for signing him.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
In NJ he would likely be

In NJ he would be facing 5-10 years with a 3 year minimum before parole eligibility. Assuming he does 5 years due to the horrific nature in which the victim died, he will be 29 years old when he gets out and out of the game for 5 years. Not sure how much interest any team would have in him at that point, not considering the bad PR for signing him.
I'm thinking he gets more as there are mult felonies. Manslaughter, the injury to his GF, DUI and the GUN. plus, keeping in mind he wasn.t .08 or something like that, he was .16 Don't get me wrong-.08 would still be wrong, bad and jail time but that is a huge difference. At that level- I know many people that may have had a couple of drinks over a period of time and 'felt' sober. This guy- was drunk and knew it. no excuses

I'm thinking he gets more as there are mult felonies. Manslaughter, the injury to his GF, DUI and the GUN. plus, keeping in mind he wasn.t .08 or something like that, he was .16 Don't get me wrong-.08 would still be wrong, bad and jail time but that is a huge difference. At that level- I know many people that may have had a couple of drinks over a period of time and 'felt' sober. This guy- was drunk and knew it. no excuses
Was the gun unregistered or otherwise illegal? I think it's dumb to mix guns and alcohol. But didn't see anything about the illegality of the weapon; just that it was present.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Was the gun unregistered or otherwise illegal? I think it's dumb to mix guns and alcohol. But didn't see anything about the illegality of the weapon; just that it was present.
Nevada has much different gun laws including allowing concealed carry. I am guessing it is probably legal.

True, no mention if it was registered or not. Just that a loaded gun was found under the passenger seat. And for the life of me, registered or not- I really can't understand the culture of the NFL- (even the good guys) that they almost all feel the need to carry protection.

Again, talk about in the blink of an eye. He's out at Top Golf with his girlfriend, jokingly texting Derek Carr and Hunter Renfroe videos of his golf swing asking for tips. A few hours later he's ended a life and ruined his own. So incredibly tragic.

True, no mention if it was registered or not. Just that a loaded gun was found under the passenger seat. And for the life of me, registered or not- I really can't understand the culture of the NFL- (even the good guys) that they almost all feel the need to carry protection.
People, especially pro athletes or other people who draw a lot of attention, heading out drinking should leave the weapon(s) at home, along with the car. Or, since hanging out in places where there's lots of people engaged in heavy drinking dramatically increases the odds an altercation, just do the heavy drinking at home with friends.

But this is middle-age me talking, and somewhat hypocritically at that. I wasn't nearly so common-sensical in my 20s and 30s.

He'll have plenty of time to think about all that he has done from inside of a jail cell. As probably will the girlfriend for not stopping him if she could have. And no he will never see the field again. I don't think any team would take him and all the negative publicity and scorn that would come with that. That poor girl. And I feel the same way about anyone drunk or not that could cost someone's life due to excess speed and reckless driving of the type I see regularly on the Atlanta highways. Why does it so often seem like someone else is the one who pays the ultimate price for their actions? Why?

People, especially pro athletes or other people who draw a lot of attention, heading out drinking should leave the weapon(s) at home, along with the car. Or, since hanging out in places where there's lots of people engaged in heavy drinking dramatically increases the odds an altercation, just do the heavy drinking at home with friends.

But this is middle-age me talking, and somewhat hypocritically at that. I wasn't nearly so common-sensical in my 20s and 30s.
It is true- and the other thing is that quite often, there will be some drunk fool that just wants to start a fight with pro athletes.

Reactions: mildone
Nevada has much different gun laws including allowing concealed carry. I am guessing it is probably legal.
I believe everything was legal except for being in possession of a firearm while under the influence.

NRS 202.257 prohibits anyone in Nevada from carrying or handling firearms while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher. This offense is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and/or up to $1,000 in fines.
Suspects can be forced to take a blood test following their arrest and may have to forfeit their gun if they endangered others.

NRS 202.257 states:

It is unlawful for a person who:

(a) Has a concentration of alcohol of 0.08 or more in his or her blood or breath; or

(b) Is under the influence of any controlled substance, or is under the combined influence of intoxicating liquor and a controlled substance, or any person who inhales, ingests, applies or otherwise uses any chemical, poison or organic solvent, or any compound or combination of any of these, to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely exercising actual physical control of a firearm,

to have in his or her actual physical possession any firearm. This prohibition does not apply to the actual physical possession of a firearm by a person who was within the person’s personal residence and had the firearm in his or her possession solely for self-defense.

Reactions: mildone
It is true- and the other thing is that quite often, there will be some drunk fool that just wants to start a fight with pro athletes.
Yeah remember that time somebody messed with Plaxico in the club?? He was about to get robbed. Was a good thing he had his loaded piece on him.

Wait, nevermind, I just remembered he shot himself in the cock while dancing.

I believe everything was legal except for being in possession of a firearm while under the influence.

NRS 202.257 prohibits anyone in Nevada from carrying or handling firearms while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher. This offense is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and/or up to $1,000 in fines.
Suspects can be forced to take a blood test following their arrest and may have to forfeit their gun if they endangered others.

NRS 202.257 states:
I think there are some pretty bad gun laws out there. But that's a good gun law, IMO.

Although I'd probably make it a more serious crime. Drinking messes with our judgement and focus so much it's just a really bad idea to be handling weapons (like even cleaning them) when drunk. Drinking makes it too easy to deviate from the good safety habits we learn and follow.

NRS 202.257 states:
Good find.

Shot himself in the leg, not Ck- and it happened walking up a dark stairwell to get to a private section of the club, he had stumbled, gun started slipping down his pant legs, he went to grab it and got it by the trigger and then spent 20 months in jail.
When you strap a gun to yourself like that, you should spend more time in jail. Could've easily blown some kids face off going down the stairs of a ritzy restaurant in the same manner.

Reactions: Jm0513
This whole thing is so sad but how did he survive this? Dude is in a neck brace with a cut walking around. Hitting a car going 120+ mph! Is that corvette some safety phenom of a car. Shouldn’t it have crumpled into a giant a metal pancake?

This whole thing is so sad but how did he survive this? Dude is in a neck brace with a cut walking around. Hitting a car going 120+ mph! Is that corvette some safety phenom of a car. Shouldn’t it have crumpled into a giant a metal pancake?

I have a theory on that, but it involves my religious beliefs so I'll keep it to myself...

I have a theory on that, but it involves my religious beliefs so I'll keep it to myself...

Annnnnnnnd.... you'd be incorrect.

The C8 'vette is a world class supercar. It is designed to be safe at speeds approaching 200 mph. I'm not surprised at how well it handled a 127 mph impact.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
Annnnnnnnd.... you'd be incorrect.

The C8 'vette is a world class supercar. It is designed to be safe at speeds approaching 200 mph. I'm not surprised at how well it handled a 127 mph impact.
I knew you'd respond, Real.

When you strap a gun to yourself like that, you should spend more time in jail. Could've easily blown some kids face off going down the stairs of a ritzy restaurant in the same manner.

Disagree. What he spent in jail was for violating the law and what could have happened. And it was longer than some have spent for vehicular homicide. Now if the result was that some kid's face DID get blown off it's a different story.

I just saw a video of the aftermath posted on youtube by what appears to be a guy with a cell phone. It was hard to watch.

In these situations the drunk usually walks away from the crash while the victim dies or is severely injured. Police have seen this over and over again.

You just can't find a way to defend a person so damn stupid. He even said it himself that his first thought was to look around the club to make sure he didn't hit anyone- had not even known he had shot himself at first.
Though, with Plax- it was ignorance, stupid and NFL culture. His accident can't even compare to what this asshat did.

It was reported that the impact pushed the Toyota over 570 feet before it came to a stop, so I would imagine that a good portion of the force of impact to the Corvette was decreased by the fact that the car he hit was able to move and was moving in the same direction... Had Ruggs hit something less moveable, or hit someone head on or even t-boned them, etc., the damage to his vehicle and to his passenger and himself would have been a lot worse. The fire is most likely why this particular tragic accident was fatal.

Last edited:
It was reported that the impact pushed the Toyota over 570 feet before it came to a stop, so I would imagine that a good portion of the force of impact to the Corvette was decreased by the fact that the car he hit was able to move and was moving in the same direction... Had Ruggs hit something less moveable, or hit someone head on or even t-boned them, etc., the damage to his vehicle and to his passenger and himself would have been a lot worse. The fire is most likely why this particular tragic accident was fatal.
I am also guessing that at that rate of speed and he most likely started breaking hard, he front end was most likely on the ground and pretty much just carried the front vehicle with it. More than likely why it may have also caused the fire. There didnt look to be much impact damage to the front vehicle either.
And someone sle mentioned this...is anyone else seeing a Prius and not a Rav4?

Yep, easy to say at age 50+, but going out to bars and drinking all night then driving home was the norm back in the 80's

I hope he rots in that cell. I hope he misses his daughter's wedding and every little milestone. I hope it pains him everyday that he doesn't get to see her. The same way the family of the 23 yr old girl he killed doesn't get to see her anymore.

I hope his kid grows up to hate him for what he did.
A selfish, selfish man getting in the car that night. I hope that motherfcker pays.
My daughter drives in 30 days. She is so excited and wants to drive with our dog(secure in her seat)
This incident chills me to the core.
I would suggest a new driver not drive with an animal in the car.

Reactions: Jm0513
I just saw a video of the aftermath posted on youtube by what appears to be a guy with a cell phone. It was hard to watch.

I saw that as well assuming it was the TMZ site. His GF seemed more upset about Ruggs, than the actual person burning alive in the car they just hit. He seemed OK because he was cursing even though she was telling everyone he was unconscious. Maybe she just realized her life of luxury had just come to a screeching halt.

I am also guessing that at that rate of speed and he most likely started breaking hard, he front end was most likely on the ground and pretty much just carried the front vehicle with it. More than likely why it may have also caused the fire. There didnt look to be much impact damage to the front vehicle either.
And someone sle mentioned this...is anyone else seeing a Prius and not a Rav4?

I definitely see a Prius and not a Rav4.

Re: the 'vette and braking, it's not going to nose dive the way you might expect. Assuming Ruggs spring for the addition 5k to get the Z51 handling package, the car has magnetorheological shocks which actively adjust for varying loads. It stays flat.

NY Giant rookie rocket scientist Kadarius Toney provides his take on the situation:

“We young…..everybody make mistakes….y’all lookin at the situation like “this or that” kuz it ain’t y’all…having so much too say….he know he messed up don’t drag em for it……that’s goofy to me….just pray for the families involved,” Toney tweeted on Wednesday.

And someone else mentioned this...is anyone else seeing a Prius and not a Rav4?
If it IS a Rav4, could it be possible that the rear impact, along with the intense heat of the fire, affected the shape of the rear of the car? In the photos of the car, it looks like the opening for the rear window is a lot lower than it should be, which could mean that the car and body are misshapen and that the rear portion has tilted downward, which would make it look more like a Prius.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT