ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snow showers late Wednesday morning and afternoon

Measured 1/4" - will only need 30 more of these to equal last winter's paltry 7.5". Was at least enough to make a few snowballs to throw at my son and his girlfriend in the upstairs bedroom (the smacks on the window scared the crap out of them, lol).

Well, f'd that one up with the KR jinx. Light snow over here in Wall. Salted the entire yard to prevent any accumulation. [roll]
When?

Was outside with a guy for a generator estimate. Nothing here.

Stray flurries in Belle Mead...34 degrees

let the winter season begin
tumblr_nz0dpq4aZO1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Go Global Warming Go!!!

Long range models showing the chance of a "Miller B" winter storm impacting the mid-Atlantic/Northeast in about a week, with snow possible for the region. Way too far out to post maps or predictions, but just thought i'd mention it - it's the first time this winter we're seeing anything with any potential in the 7-9 day range. You might see snowfall maps popping up on your social media tomorrow - ignore them, lol.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Long range models showing the chance of a "Miller B" winter storm impacting the mid-Atlantic/Northeast in about a week, with snow possible for the region. Way too far out to post maps or predictions, but just thought i'd mention it - it's the first time this winter we're seeing anything with any potential in the 7-9 day range. You might see snowfall maps popping up on your social media tomorrow - ignore them, lol.
Can understand your reticence, but screw your haters. . . . paging @e5fdny

Reactions: RU848789
I don’t hate, I love. 😊

And I listen to what @RU848789 says when it comes to weather.

I just prefer a new thread for each event (game forecast, blizzard, hurricane, etc.)

Thanks and you can rest assured that if there is more than one model inside of 5 days out (i.e., by tomorrow night) showing a significant snowstorm that could hit us, there will be a thread. Starting threads on such threats 7+ days out is just a waste of time, IMO, as the vast majority of those do not pan out at all.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Thanks and you can rest assured that if there is more than one model inside of 5 days out (i.e., by tomorrow night) showing a significant snowstorm that could hit us, there will be a thread. Starting threads on such threats 7+ days out is just a waste of time, IMO, as the vast majority of those do not pan out at all.
I got your back (on weather threads).

Hey -- if it were pitch dark around here, and there were no clouds in the sky, and on and on and on . . . would anyone think there's a chance to see the aurora borealis, tonight? That's the word from an article I read, yesterday. I imagine chances are slim -- just curious what others may think or have heard.

Measured 1/4" - will only need 30 more of these to equal last winter's paltry 7.5". Was at least enough to make a few snowballs to throw at my son and his girlfriend in the upstairs bedroom (the smacks on the window scared the crap out of them, lol).

What are they doing upstairs in the bedroom....nevermind...eewww.

Want to see who's really old mention Tex Antoine.
Tex was pretty ok too... but Lloyd Lindsey Young was a classic weather showman.An entertainer in a field of popular weather guys at the time. Makes Jim Cantori look passive during a storm.

I wanna believe the cold temps and teens at night changes for next week RU numbers.
I need another week of fall golf.
No chance?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT