ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Songs that you have to listen to the bitter end if they come on.

OT: Songs that you have to listen to the bitter end if they come on​

Taps.

Legendary Zep: Heavy Metal Blues
A very good Zeppelin tune. I know you are a big fan but I don’t think the remaining members of Led Zeppelin would appreciate being mentioned with Heavy Metal. I once read an interview with Robert Plant and he strongly distanced his band’s sound from Heavy Metal and heavy rock emphasizing how much of their sound and songs were acoustic based. Most bands from that era really disdained labels or categories of any type.. A reason why the rock music created from the mid 1960s through the early 1970s was so good. A lot of different influences and not limited.

A very good Zeppelin tune. I know you are a big fan but I don’t think the remaining members of Led Zeppelin would appreciate being mentioned with Heavy Metal. I once read an interview with Robert Plant and he strongly distanced his band’s sound from Heavy Metal and heavy rock emphasizing how much of their sound and songs were acoustic based. Most bands from that era really disdained labels or categories of any type.. A reason why the rock music created from the mid 1960s through the early 1970s was so good. A lot of different influences and not limited.
I'd call it heavy metal blues, in a league of its own. I agree they are/were too super-talented to be lumped in with heavy metal meatheads. This song is a perfect blend of Zep's bluesy soul and hard hitting rock sound. Big fan of Plant of course, but he also hates Stairway...artists lol.

not that you ever hear it unless we get a heat wave and some DJ is getting cute.. and any artists version is fine

OMG.. getting chills.. a "garage band" used to do that song over and over for awhile one place I lived in college. What a throwback.. had no idea I'd have this negative reaction to a clash song. I won't mention the guy's name who we knew.. but we called the band "hisname and the Awfuls"
Hang in there, brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT