ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Tiger King ok for 13 year old?

RUBubba

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2002
Simple question... is the Netflix show ok for a 13 year old boy?

I know there is some sexual stuff in it, gay marriage, etc but beyond that, how bad is it? Is there flat out nudity, on screen sex, etc?

Thanks.

I tried to watch it with my wife and my two sons (20 and 16) and I had to give it up. Just awful.

13? That’s your decision as I think it a little more than just the language.

Reactions: tico brown
Thanks everyone... my problem is that we don't have that much down time at night and there isn't a whole lot we can watch. I like them, but I'm pretty tired of watching Impractical Jokers, and would like to watch something that is currently talked about.

Maybe we'll just watch Shameless.... (yes, I'm kidding).

I think you can come up with a better way for your offspring to spend their time. It won’t take much thought.

The Tiger King is barely appropriate for an adult. I'd let a 13 year old watch Breaking Bad before The Tiger King. That sh!t will scar her for life.

I wouldn't let my 15 YO watch it, and I would recommend not letting your 13 YO watch it.

I know there is some sexual stuff in it, gay marriage, etc but beyond that, how bad is it? Is there flat out nudity, on screen sex, etc?

Thanks.

its entertaining surprised by all the hate to some extent. a 13 year old isn't the same today as they were in our day. What these kids see on their phones etc. is a tragedy. 99.9% your 13 year old has seen and heard far worse - maybe daily. our 12 year watched bits and pieces with us.

It’s Netflix at it’s worse...they’ve had some great and meaningful docs...this is bad

Thanks.
He!! no..

Thanks.
Dear god, no - that is not something you want to expose a 13 year old to.

Aside from the sex and drugs, there’s a suicide somewhat captured on video. And someone losing an arm..maybe find something lighter, but 13 year old me would have loved it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT