ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Upgrading our Verizon Fios TV service

Kbee3

Hall of Famer
Aug 23, 2002
We got a notification from Verizon over the weekend that our set-top box is expiring and will no longer support our TV service. They are sending us a newer more-advanced set-top box.
Unfortunately, they are saying that any saved DVR content will be removed during the installation...which is a tragedy for us. We have some awesome stuff saved and there is as far as we can tell no way of replacing most of it.
Does anyone know any way we can retrieve and save this stuff ? Most of it is not available for purchase anywhere...I think.

We got a notification from Verizon over the weekend that our set-top box is expiring and will no longer support our TV service. They are sending us a newer more-advanced set-top box.
Unfortunately, they are saying that any saved DVR content will be removed during the installation...which is a tragedy for us. We have some awesome stuff saved and there is as far as we can tell no way of replacing most of it.
Does anyone know any way we can retrieve and save this stuff ? Most of it is not available for purchase anywhere...I think.

Buy a DVD player/recorder and record to DVD's to view whenever

K we got the same message

we don’t have anything saved in a DVR, but I would imagine if you explain the situation to them, they can come up with a solution for you

As much as I like the bag on Verizon , they are usually pretty decent when it comes to that kind of stuff for a solution

K we got the same message

we don’t have anything saved in a DVR, but I would imagine if you explain the situation to them, they can come up with a solution for you

As much as I like the bag on Verizon , they are usually pretty decent when it comes to that kind of stuff for a solution
We tried that. Nope.
They still sell DVD players ?

We tried that. Nope.
I’d imagine yes
There’s got to be a way to save it. Somehow, have you asked their tech team to help out? They usually been pretty good anytime I’ve used them.

We tried that. Nope.
check best buy.
I did a quick google and found they sell DVDs

Amazon has them as well, but better to talk to someone, in person to make sure you get the DVD that will do what you need and be satisfied with the results

Food for thought: I have Xfinity and had a similar situation. They also told us we’d lose the contents of our DVR.

Short answer is, it didn’t happen..

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT