ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Washington monthly college ranking

rutgersdave

Hall of Famer
Jan 23, 2004

Interest rankings. It appears to place a high priority on social mobility.

Rutgers Univ Newark # 44 due to pell perform 11, earning ranking 18 and social mobility 9
Rutgers New Brunswick #62 due to research 53, Pell performance 67, and service 42
Rutgers Camden #89
NJIT #88
Penn State #146

Last edited:
Wow.... University of Wisconsin has moved to the top of the list among Big Ten current & Future schools! Now #11 ahead of Northwestern, Michigan, UCLA, USC & Johns Hopkins. And the #2 ranked public university. Go Badgers !!

Last edited:
BS list…there is literally no way UT Austin should be ranked just two spots ahead of Rutgers freaking Camden. If you believe in the multiverse, that should happen in none of them…

Reactions: newell138
BS list…there is literally no way UT Austin should be ranked just two spots ahead of Rutgers freaking Camden. If you believe in the multiverse, that should happen in none of them…
I think both of the Newark and Camden high ranking is due to social mobility which ain’t bad. Different viewpoint of what is important,

I think both of the Newark and Camden high ranking is due to social mobility which ain’t bad. Different viewpoint of what is important,

"On what they do for the country?" Perhaps if you think social mobility is the #1 priority for colleges and universities.

"On what they do for the country?" Perhaps if you think social mobility is the #1 priority for colleges and universities.
Doesn’t everyone want to move up, either from being poor to the middle class or the middle class to upper class? I would think that one of the main reason individuals go to colleges. Unless you were born rich I would think you are motived to move up. I notice some on the right say it better not to get a college education.

If you want Rutgers New Brunswick to be more selective in the student process, having the Newark and Camden campuses being a good second or third option isn’t bad for the Rutgers name.

Last edited:
There could be a ranking on which schools are best at raising the socio-economic status of students. Certainly it's one of the main goals of universities. But then that also depends a lot on local economic conditions and how many students are in a position to rise. Private schools filled with rich kids are unlikely to see those kids move higher. Rutgers Camden is in a very depressed area. The only way is up.

Doesn’t everyone want to move up, either from being poor to the middle class or the middle class to upper class? I would think that one of the main reason individuals go to colleges. Unless you were born rich I would think you are motived to move up. I notice some on the right say it better not to get a college education.

If you want Rutgers New Brunswick to be more selective in the student process, having the Newark and Camden campuses being a good second or third option isn’t bad for the Rutgers name.

I'd say the purpose of college for everyone is to prepare yourself for a career and add to your general education. And outside of perhaps the superrich that applies to everyone. I don't see the distinction.

There could be a ranking on which schools are best at raising the socio-economic status of students. Certainly it's one of the main goals of universities. But then that also depends a lot on local economic conditions and how many students are in a position to rise. Private schools filled with rich kids are unlikely to see those kids move higher. Rutgers Camden is in a very depressed area. The only way is up.

But if a kid from a disadvantaged background gets into Harvard it is likely RU Camden Is more expensive as his/her cost is zero. And per their website that's 20% of the student body.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT