ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Peter Kiss is in the transfer portal

Don’t think he goes back to the maac. If so then only Fairfield. Otherwise I can see him stay relatively local going to a school like Hofstra, Fordham, St Joe, Lasalle, Drexel, UMass etc.and also to a conference upgrade over the Maac such as to the Atlantic 10 or CAA.

The unanswered question: is he a regular transfer or grad transfer?

If he's a grad transfer, he'll be eligible to play next season.

If he's a regular transfer, he has to sit out a year before playing. If that's the case, last season must have been a medical redshirt year. He only has five years to play four. If he transfers without being a grad, he has to sit out a year.

My assumption is that he will be a grad transfer and be immediately eligible.
Immediately eligible is what I saw.

The unanswered question: is he a regular transfer or grad transfer?

If he's a grad transfer, he'll be eligible to play next season.

If he's a regular transfer, he has to sit out a year before playing. If that's the case, last season must have been a medical redshirt year. He only has five years to play four. If he transfers without being a grad, he has to sit out a year.

My assumption is that he will be a grad transfer and be immediately eligible.

Grad transfer

Don’t think he goes back to the maac. If so then only Fairfield. Otherwise I can see him stay relatively local going to a school like Hofstra, Fordham, St Joe, Lasalle, Drexel, UMass etc.and also to a conference upgrade over the Maac such as to the Atlantic 10 or CAA.

Phil email me when you get a chance. Lawnmanbmls@comcast.net

RU will fill the last ship available for the right guard transfer, that is a sit out transfer. If the NCAA enforces the sit out rule on May 20th, a lot of additional transfers would be pursued by schools. Some schools have immediate needs and some schools understand that you can't play 13 players and would prefer to have a player sitting out and replacing a departing player.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Let's say a top player wants to come to RU in 2020-2021, Pike won't use that extra ship?

Arizona State added 5* "top player", Josh Christopher a couple of weeks ago and now one of their top players is saying "sayonara".....there's only 1 basketball and you can alienate your roster by constantly looking for the next pretty girl around the corner.

If a team is 12 and 19, and a coach is about to be fired or let go and you have a roster of unproven players, you recruit until the wheels fall off.

But there's a limit to "over-recruiting" and it's why some coaches with good rosters would rather take a player who's willing to sit out a year, vs not. The more rosters with immediate needs available should recruit to fill those holes.

RU doesn't have any glaring needs or holes with the 12 players currently on the roster, plus whatever contributions we get from the walk ons.....doesn't mean it's perfect roster or that RU is headed to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8, the NCAA Tournament is a crapshoot.......if a sit out guy presents itself, great, if not, there's no need to.

Two good things: 1) Kiss will now be able to play; and 2) the Kiss threads will come to an end. :Chop banana:

Lol....rock on.....lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
you know someone lost the smack talk war when they resort to personal messages :TwoHands:
LOL, and I very seldom use

ohhhh so it’s ok for you to call me whiny (when my conversation was not with you), which is personal but, not ok for me to get personal with you......what a joke you are.....lol

Think what you want meddler. You’ve been doing it for a while. Not sure why you meddle in my interactions with others. I must get under your skin because this is not the first time you have done this to me.

Glad I have that effect on you...........lol

giphy.gif

It’s all in fun....lol

Last edited:
Hopefully he can find a nice landing spot and get a masters degree out of it. Play a little ball too. He would do well back in a MAAC type league . Set himself up nice with another degree

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Can’t come back with anything except whining...lol I guess I hit another sore spot besides your wife earlier......roflmao
You know it’s true.....Like those snitches in elementary school...they wanted to be involved in everyone’s business just like you....bet you some posters on this site are thinking the same thing.....lol

giphy.gif

What in the world? Call the proctor. There's a food fight. Amidst people wishing Pete well because he was a good teammate and apparently worked hard in practice, two guys started throwing rice pudding at each other.
You're absolutely right to call the hijackers out.
Sorry to say I deserve to be pointed out for my part in ruining this thread.
I will delete my messages that only take away from wishing Peter well and
express my hope he finds a program that he will be able to display his talent and help his new team win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT