ADVERTISEMENT

Phil steele, massey, etc

brgossRU90

Senior
Oct 9, 2007
This is how low we've fallen:

Phil steele now has us lowest in the big ten, above only Syracuse (by 1 point), Oregon state and kansas among p5 schools, and equal to Akron and san Jose state.

Massey composite has us at 86, one spot ahead of buffalo--and you thought the days when we were in their neighborhood were behind us! Illinois is THIRTY spots ahead of us. This year we have beaten kansas ranked 119th, Indiana ranked 72nd and norfolk state ranked 99th among FCS schools.

Our defense is ranked 111th, our offense 84th.

We are not yet in Terry shea land but you can see it from here.

Where were we ranked preseason before injuries and other distractions?

This is how low we've fallen:

Phil steele now has us lowest in the big ten, above only Syracuse (by 1 point), Oregon state and kansas among p5 schools, and equal to Akron and san Jose state.

Massey composite has us at 86, one spot ahead of buffalo--and you thought the days when we were in their neighborhood were behind us! Illinois is THIRTY spots ahead of us. This year we have beaten kansas ranked 119th, Indiana ranked 72nd and norfolk state ranked 99th among FCS schools.

Our defense is ranked 111th, our offense 84th.

We are not yet in Terry shea land but you can see it from here.
How dare you post something so disparaging. The 5 Fllood supporters left are going to be so upset.

Reactions: drewbagel423
I've always felt that Steele was the best at preseason predictions with his intense mathematical approach. So, I have to assume his evaluations are the most accurate out there.
Really depressing that we are looked at so badly. Those who are so confident about the rest of the schedule are going to be really shocked if he's right.

Reactions: NorthNJRUFan
shh but the youth, the injuries things are going to turn around next year if you just give him a chance to improve, he is learning from his mistakes

Where were we ranked preseason before injuries and other distractions?
Please stop with all the excuses. This is football, shat happens. It's the coaches responsibility to build depth by recruiting and developing good back-ups at all positions. Flood just doesn't have it. What else do you need to see?

Ok, I'll bite. 60 in both Phil Steele's Power Poll and Massey.

So "distractions" are the reason that our first team offense hasn't scored a TD in four of five B1G games?

Unreal. The coach deserves to be fired. Deal with it.

And people were bitching about how unfair it was that we were projected below UNC and Penn St and that 60 was way, way too low. Sure we had new starters but they all had game experience....

I wish I had premium to just to read these. I could only imagine the completely unrealistic preseason bluster regarding this year's team.

It's not actually all that bad, lots of level headed people pointing out why the ratings look like they do, and a few who are shocked by the disrespect.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
It's not actually all that bad, lots of level headed people pointing out why the ratings look like they do, and a few who are shocked by the disrespect.

Skoolie and chase were pretty much spot-on. Also, many of the 'shocked at the disrespect' people are the same ones coming up with every defense possible (injuries, the sun was in our eyes, the talent and depth magically morphing into youth and inexperience, etc). I will say Tucky has been fairly consistent though, stating back in June he saw us as a 5-7 team even if the legal stuff didn't go down.

Joe P.

Wow same guys crying and whining. Different year same whining.

I'm pro RU and whoever the hell can help us win games. I am anti bitches. You guys suck.

Skoolie and chase were pretty much spot-on. Also, many of the 'shocked at the disrespect' people are the same ones coming up with every defense possible (injuries, the sun was in our eyes, the talent and depth magically morphing into youth and inexperience, etc). I will say Tucky has been fairly consistent though, stating back in June he saw us as a 5-7 team even if the legal stuff didn't go down.

Joe P.

A lot of us were right, from 2 years ago, we all saw the recruiting/coaching issues and many simply refused to believe it and shot us down. Caused a TON of unnecessary infighting, and banning, on the boards. All the BS about Flood being one of having an "eye for talent" being a "GREAT talent evaluator" and the endless # of kids who were "hidden gems/diamonds-in-the-rough" and how it didn't matter about stars OR, the best one, OTHER P5 offers LOL!

Hey, sometimes the services get a kid or two wrong, and even a class may be ranked a big differently in 1 service, than the other 2, but ours have been (ranked) pretty consistent and, so far, spot-on.

A lot of us were right, from 2 years ago, we all saw the recruiting/coaching issues and many simply refused to believe it and shot us down. Caused a TON of unnecessary infighting, and banning, on the boards. All the BS about Flood being one of having an "eye for talent" being a "GREAT talent evaluator" and the endless # of kids who were "hidden gems/diamonds-in-the-rough" and how it didn't matter about stars OR, the best one, OTHER P5 offers LOL!

Hey, sometimes the services get a kid or two wrong, and even a class may be ranked a big differently in 1 service, than the other 2, but ours have been (ranked) pretty consistent and, so far, spot-on.

Actually, given that the 2011 - 13 recruiting classes should be the heart of a 2015 team, we are playing way below our recruiting rank. Wait until the 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes are at the forefront ... if you think that the team is bad now ....

Actually, given that the 2011 - 13 recruiting classes should be the heart of a 2015 team, we are playing way below our recruiting rank. Wait until the 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes are at the forefront ... if you think that the team is bad now ....

Really not a lot of 2011/12 guys left and contributing. Flood's 3 classes absolutely dominate our roster right now, hence, the lack of depth is already shining through and killing us...but...yeah...you're right.

I usually enjoy reading different perspectives and those that disagree with me because it usually helps lead to some sort of learning and increased perspective of your own. I also think that as humans we all contradict ourselves from time-to-time. That being said, I cannot stand the 'good fan brigade' predicting 10-2 every offseason while berating anyone who sees otherwise ("talent and depth"), only to completely flip-flop during the year and berate everyone for not recognizing why it's unrealistic to expect us to not look like rejects on the field ("youth and inexperience") anytime we play someone who may win more than 7 games...just my opinion but it doesn't make you a better fan to predict rainbows then yell at someone for pointing out that it's midnight. It makes you ignorant.

Joe P.

I usually enjoy reading different perspectives and those that disagree with me because it usually helps lead to some sort of learning and increased perspective of your own. I also think that as humans we all contradict ourselves from time-to-time. That being said, I cannot stand the 'good fan brigade' predicting 10-2 every offseason while berating anyone who sees otherwise ("talent and depth"), only to completely flip-flop during the year and berate everyone for not recognizing why it's unrealistic to expect us to not look like rejects on the field ("youth and inexperience") anytime we play someone who may win more than 7 games...just my opinion but it doesn't make you a better fan to predict rainbows then yell at someone for pointing out that it's midnight. It makes you ignorant.

Joe P.
This guys gets it. I like to think of myself as someone who has realistic expectations and last year I didn't think we overachieved. We did well, but not outstanding. We played well and won a lot of winnable games. We got blown out in the games we expected to get blown out in. Overall, I thought it was a solid first year because we played winning football. We made winning plays on D verse Umich, Wazzu, and UMD. This year, we're not playing well. I'm not pro flood or anti flood, I just don't know how anyone can look at the team and think that we need to be patient because we're in the B1G. The people who think that we need to be patient because of our opponents are not seeing the whole picture. We are not playing quality football. Ignore the wins, losses, and score for a moment and just watch the game. It is not good. And it's not good because our coach is still making the same mistakes he made in year 1. He's had more than enough time to recruit and bring in his guys. After this season does anyone really think we're going to go out and dominate NJ recruiting with this coaching staff? No. Umich is going to crush us in NJ recruiting. Wrestling on the other hand is killing it in recruiting in NJ. Props to them for claiming NJ as their turf

Reactions: JoeRU0304
I would like to buy Doubleknight a drink, man was that guy's analysis spot on from the first linked past thread. I seriously thought we would go 7-5 with competitive games against psu, Michigan st, Wisconsin and Michigan. I didn't expect what we are seeing now. Noncompetitive football with games over by half. And for those who say it could be worse with a new hire I claim b*llsh*t. Because it really can't get worse than having the 84th offense and 111th defense that's like the coaches aren't even trying to put the kid's in a position to win.

Last edited:
Biazza- EXACTLY. I coach at the youth level and believe me, I'm not the second coming of Lombardi; heck, im not even the second coming of Rich Kotite. Still, the main goal we set every year is to be a better team in November than we were in August/ September. In 2013 we were undefeated league champions. In 2014 we opened up 0-5, including losing 6 out of 10 fumbles in our opener (27-0 loss) against one of the teams that ended up going to the Super Bowl. We ended up finishing the year 2-7, including a playing that Super Bowl team again and losing 13-0, the first time that team got held to under 3 touchdowns that year (the second was in the title game). We were just as proud of the 2-7 team as we were of the undefeated team..,and that 2-7 team made the playoffs this year, won their 1st round game and is now playing in the semi-finals this Saturday at 5.

..,I know Rutgers isn't playing pee-wee football and the B1G isn't the local Pop Warner league. That being said, that doesn't mean it's ok for us to look like 11people who just got pulled off a bus stop and thrown onto a football field. A Rutgers squad I'll always have a soft spot for is the 2003 5-7 team, mainly because after years of crap, they not just looked like they knew what they were supposed to be doing on the field, but they got better as the year progressed and even when taking their lumps against the VT's and the Michigan States and the Miamis, they looked them dead on the face, spit in their eyes and fought the entire game...is our 2015 squad doing the same?

Joe P.

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT