ADVERTISEMENT

Pike Passed on Transfers

ImBadRU

All American
Apr 3, 2002
For this year. Luther and Jayvon wanted to join and Pike passed. If true, that is malfeasance. Did he think this years freshman class was going to contribute? Then that's malfeasance too. He better recruit a lot better or he is done.

Reactions: ru8081 and biazza38
I know Luther is the guy from Ohio State. Who is Jayvon? Most on this board were opposed to the coach taking a transfer. The coach did offer point guards, including the guy that went to Penn State.

I know Luther is the guy from Ohio State. Who is Jayvon? Most on this board were opposed to the coach taking a transfer. The coach did offer point guards, including the guy that went to Penn State.

Jahvon Quinerly from Villanova now at Alabama.

How many minutes has Luther played this season....he didn't want to sit out despite a bad shoulder and has played all of zero minutes at losing and under .500 Arizona State.

Quinerly never expressed any interest in RU, that was more rumor than reality and he is not the type of difference maker for a team....he's a complimentary role player on a deep Alabama team. If he was team oriented, Jay Wright and Villanova would have certainly played him last year and didn't.

Sometimes better players than these 2 are likely better solutions but this team needed a wing shooter who can rebound and it doesn't have it.....it also has a level of maturity that shows up in a lot of college basketball teams around the country....that means some days are good and others are very bad. I don't know too many teams in mid February to March that are playing lights out right now, teams with lots to possibly play for, have been losing games left and right, night after night....

Pike and the staff have a lot of things to sort out but the only team that looks fresh and crisp right now in the B1G is Michigan and I think it's because they had 3 full weeks off for a pause. There are very few teams that are playing well or as well as they did earlier in the season. Maybe Illinois?? Even Iowa looks a little worn out.

I compare this seasons B1G to what fans in the SEC football have complained about for the last few years....How many quality opponents in a row can you play, without seeing erosion of performance and quality of play starts to decline...?? This is not related to just RU.....most teams have decided to shorten rotations and use fewer bench players and 3 months into the season, most of the play around the country has declined in quality.....

How many minutes has Luther played this season....he didn't want to sit out despite a bad shoulder and has played all of zero minutes at losing and under .500 Arizona State.

Quinerly never expressed any interest in RU, that was more rumor than reality and he is not the type of difference maker for a team....he's a complimentary role player on a deep Alabama team. If he was team oriented, Jay Wright and Villanova would have certainly played him last year and didn't.

Sometimes better players than these 2 are likely better solutions but this team needed a wing shooter who can rebound and it doesn't have it.....it also has a level of maturity that shows up in a lot of college basketball teams around the country....that means some days are good and others are very bad. I don't know too many teams in mid February to March that are playing lights out right now, teams with lots to possibly play for, have been losing games left and right, night after night....

Pike and the staff have a lot of things to sort out but the only team that looks fresh and crisp right now in the B1G is Michigan and I think it's because they had 3 full weeks off for a pause. There are very few teams that are playing well or as well as they did earlier in the season. Maybe Illinois?? Even Iowa looks a little worn out.

I compare this seasons B1G to what fans in the SEC football have complained about for the last few years....How many quality opponents in a row can you play, without seeing erosion of performance and quality of play starts to decline...?? This is not related to just RU.....most teams have decided to shorten rotations and use fewer bench players and 3 months into the season, most of the play around the country has declined in quality.....
very interesting comments and you may be right. The team looked tired and worn down and with no fans to help bring back the energy you have these nights. Look at Ohio State. They've lost 3 in a row .

Need a 6'8' who can guard people. Lat is like 6'9" and Paul should not have guarded him.
It wasn't the heght differential the problem is Mulcahy always leaves his guy to help out gets burned by 3 point shooters leaving them wide open and even though he was taller than Mulcahy he easily got around him; same thing against Michigan with Wagner he had 14 and like 3 assists in the first half while Mulcahy was on him

At the time we didn’t need them. We started the season 6-0, 3-0 and 1st place in the Big Ten, Mathis was scoring 22 points a game. Easy to look back in hindsight, but who could of predicted the absolute meltdown starting with Myles fouling out of the OSU game and the team not looking the same since

Reactions: RUDead
very interesting comments and you may be right. The team looked tired and worn down and with no fans to help bring back the energy you have these nights. Look at Ohio State. They've lost 3 in a row .
Seriously? Tired after flying 3 hours? Tired from having 3 games over what 10-12 days? Tired from player meetings? Tired from schoolwork? Come on put the tired crap to rest.These are 18-24 year old athletes.

Adding one of those transfers - probably makes things even worse. Chemistry is already messed up over pecking order & roles. That's what runied this team, and we're still gonna make the tourney even with our problems. We didn't need a transfer - just needed are players to be on the same page

Reactions: RUDead

Yea I really don’t understand why Luther Muhammad’s name keeps coming up as someone we should have brought in. We have no shortage of streaky guards already, I don’t get what need he really would have filled. And as you note, he has played exactly zero minutes this year, not sure why anyone is pointing to him as a missed opportunity in the transfer portal.

It wasn't the heght differential the problem is Mulcahy always leaves his guy to help out gets burned by 3 point shooters leaving them wide open and even though he was taller than Mulcahy he easily got around him; same thing against Michigan with Wagner he had 14 and like 3 assists in the first half while Mulcahy was on him
That’s because our other guards except for JY, like Baker, get blown by constantly.

If Baker isn’t scoring he’s a liability.

To add to this, players around the country have basically been forced to isolate themselves and devote their lives to basketball in an unusual manner this year. When everything is basketball, losing is going to affect you psychologically in a more severe manner than a normal year which probably has a lot to do with what people are attributing to chemistry issues - increased "bad body language" in bad games, etc.

Our guards blow by people too. But our spacing is sometimes so bad that it makes the other team’s rotations on defense easy.

Mohammed has been out all year long and really has not played. Has two years of eligibility. Maybe he decides to come home and not go to SHU or SJU.

You sure Luther wanted to come here?

The reports or rumors on how Ohio State and Luther Muhammad meshed are not great.....he only has a perceived value because he played and is from NJ but he picked ASU and is going to be fine with Bobby Hurley.

For this year. Luther and Jayvon wanted to join and Pike passed. If true, that is malfeasance. Did he think this years freshman class was going to contribute? Then that's malfeasance too. He better recruit a lot better or he is done.
You have no idea what is good for a basketball program and what isn’t with that statement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT