ADVERTISEMENT

RE: the article about Ash's Plan details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataylor1989x

Senior
Dec 11, 2015
It was a free article on another site.

It's probably the most interesting topic in years.

Surely you didn't delete it for the bickering between a few posters? Those posts could be deleted

I don't know who deleted it, but it was an article from a competing site.

Absolute shame. That's reporting. Too bad we'll never see anything like that on nj.com

Reactions: vm7118
Agreed. But you could join the other site and discuss that article. It was a fabulous article.

It's the most important article I've seen in years.....odd that only one writer was there to get the quotes.....there's no way to discuss Ash's quotes without taking from the article.

It's the most important article I've seen in years.....odd that only one writer was there to get the quotes.....there's no way to discuss Ash's quotes without taking from the article.
Quotes are not copyrightable. But selection and arrangement of quotes can be copyrightable. Probably best to just let it go.

Thread was great. Discussions were good. Why was it deleted. The article was a great read on a free site, what was the problem?

Synopsis please.

No idea what you guys are talking about.
Article was linked from one of the other recruiting sites. Great article that gave outstanding and detailed information on everything Ash is overhauling in the program. Good discussion started. There was something about 90% of the players being dehydrated, and that started a kerfuffle with the resident Flood lover and a few others. The Flood lover hit below the belt (bannable offense), and the thread went poof. If you want to read the article Google "Coach Ash is making all changes", but whatever you do don't post a link to it!!!!

Look you guys know there's no sharing of content between the two sites, even free stuff. It's been understood for as long as I've been around. They don't like it and the guys here don't like.

It was an outstanding article. If someone really wants to read it they can access it there.

I read it and wasn't too impressed, to be honest. Every new CEO or president comes in and changes a bunch of stuff to implement their "culture" and "vision." 90 percent of it is bullshit wrapped up in management-speak word salad. That doesn't mean Ash's stuff won't work, just that I am not going to be knocked for a loop by this "culture change" stuff until he actually proves it on the field. Also some of this sports science stuff is barely better than quackery.

I read it and wasn't too impressed, to be honest. Every new CEO or president comes in and changes a bunch of stuff to implement their "culture" and "vision." 90 percent of it is bullshit wrapped up in management-speak word salad. That doesn't mean Ash's stuff won't work, just that I am not going to be knocked for a loop by this "culture change" stuff until he actually proves it on the field. Also some of this sports science stuff is barely better than quackery.
Once again Leveos, I did not expect you to be impressed by an overall plan that puts responsibility, commitment and accountability first.
Team leaders emerging in the off season and creating a very competitive atmosphere before the kids even get onto the field in the spring is vital...obviously you are not aware of this or can't relate to it.
I can only assume if your department was taken over by a new leader that placed strong demands on you and your fellow associates, you'd be a cancer
Being skeptical is one thing, wanting to see results is understandable, calling it BS and quackery is another

Last edited:
Looks like Rivals' rival site got some sort of exclusive for that article via the RU FB program and sports info dept. No doubt rubbed Rivals the wrong way. Rivals' reaction (deleting the thread) is kind of understandable in that context. But also kind of amateurish, too. Another way to react, gentlemen, is to raise your game. Wink. Wink.

Last edited:
How exactly is overhauling the weight room, new equipment, better nutrition, 24/7 food availability, and a detailed program preparing kids for life after football complete with internships "bullshit wrapped up in management speak"?

Wut.

Once again Leveos, I did not expect you to be impressed by an overall plan that puts responsibility, commitment and accountability first.
Team leaders emerging in the off season and creating a very competitive atmosphere
before the kids even get onto the field in the spring is vital...obviously you are not aware of this or can't relate to it.
I can only assume if your department was taken over by a new leader that placed strong demands on you and your fellow associates, you'd be a cancer
Being skeptical is one thing, wanting to see results is understandable, calling it BS and quackery is another

What do any of these things have to do with building a winning team?
Coddling, relaxation, deflection and feeling good are far more important.
Hard work, competition, and leadership might offend some and scare them off. [roll]

The flood worshipers really need to give it a rest. He was fired, please let it go.

If anyone can read that article and come off with a negative opinion and then they are far too gone and that tells you all you need to know about them.

really? better equipment, better food that they have access to 24/7, having to compete and fight for their job thereby raising their level of athleticism and weeding out the guys who just want the participation trophy, knowledge about dehydration levels which is critical for athletes, access to people and info that can help them when they are not part of the 1% of college athletes that successfully transition to professional athletics is "bullshit"?? o_O

Reactions: vascosg
The flood worshipers really need to give it a rest. He was fired, please let it go.

If anyone can read that article and come off with a negative opinion and then they are far too gone and that tells you all you need to know about them.
On the other end, the Flood bashers need to let it go. A couple are really over the top, asserting that every thing he did was wrong. I totally agree with your second sentence. HE WAS FIRED, PLEASE LET IT GO!!!!!

I don't agree with lectures, but to be fair nobody here mentioned flood but you... The whole "if you criticize Ash you must be a Flood lover" thing is getting super old super quick

Just read the article. WOW. So far, it certainly seems like we got the right guy for the job. And regarding Flood bashing, there are quite a few times in that article where Ash talks about how things were being done wrong, or not at all. Obviously he does it a bit more diplomatically than some on here.

What could Ash be doing at this point in time that would impress you?

Spectacular article. Gives you the feeling that the Ash Era is going to be top-notch all around, and by implication also continues to show just how big a disaster the Flood Error was. Also, and I know it wasn't the Mods' fault, but considering the clusterf*ck this site became on NSD, it's good to see other quality options out there for RU reporting.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewbagel423
I hope fans are now understanding why some of us are very high on Ash. He is in many ways similar to Schiano in the sense that he is concentrating on the foundation of the program. Yes, it would be nice if we had four star recruits. But will it matter in the grand scheme of things if the weight program is mediocre or the players don't understand proper hydration and food nutrition.

Get all these long term strategic stuff laid out first. And the wins will follow. So happy we have professionals running our program now.

At this point
What could Ash be doing at this point in time that would impress you?

In the offseason? Recruiting results will impress me.
During the season? On field results will impress me.

I wish him every success in those endeavors.

Management speak doesn't impress me. That doesn't mean it won't work, that just means I've been there, done that and I'll wait to see. EVERY new boss rearranges the furniture, establishes new protocols, talks about changing the 'cutlure,' etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Some of you could do with a healthy dose of skepticism. It's the chiefest of human virtues.

really? better equipment, better food that they have access to 24/7, having to compete and fight for their job thereby raising their level of athleticism and weeding out the guys who just want the participation trophy, knowledge about dehydration levels which is critical for athletes, access to people and info that can help them when they are not part of the 1% of college athletes that successfully transition to professional athletics is "bullshit"?? o_O

Try actually reading my post.

Team leaders emerging in the off season and creating a very competitive atmosphere before the kids even get onto the field in the spring is vital...obviously you are not aware of this or can't relate to it.

Wow, you want to get personal with me? That's ironic, considering the topic at hand. You assume an awful lot about me considering all I said is that I'm skeptical of "new boss" rhetoric, which is as common as the crow. Do everyone a favor and stick to the issue.

Beyond silly that free content from another site can't be linked. Get over yourself. The hubris on both sides is laughable.

I'm not sure why free news content from other sites can't be linked. We have links to news content from APP.com, NJ.com, ESPN.com, BleacherReport.com, Yahoo.com, FoxSports.com, etc. Are the moderators saying that sites like Rivals, Scout, 247, etc., aren't legitimate news organizations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT