ADVERTISEMENT

RU Baseball @Nebraska for Big 3 game series, tonight 7:30, story :

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
The players will enjoy playing at Haymarket Park. Great facility and said to have one of the 5 best playing surfaces in college baseball. I think the whole series is sold out so will be 4500(seatbacks)-6000 folks there depending on how many get SRO and set on the berms. I thik the weather is suppose to be very nice for the games. Games like Sunday are usually interesting as the wind will be blowing straight in at 20-25mph. Good pitching usually means the ole 1-0 games.

Nebraska has a really nice ballpark. Hope RU can turn Bainton into a 3500 seat Stadium with lighting, concessions and video scoreboard at some point. Tough shit if the Somerset Patriots have an issue with it the first two months of the season.

And I still hope Megan Fox will leave her girlfriend for ME ! lol
Neither will ever happen. Not sure what has longer odds, lol

Most colleges in the Notheast draw fewer than a hundred fans for their baseball games, even the ones with nice stadiums. The weather is just too brutal during the majority of the college baseball season, and there is just too much competition for the entertainment dollar, let alone RU not even charging $$.

I went to the RU -Purdue baseball game on a Saturday after football practice a few weeks ago, and sat there with about 90 other fans, with no admission. The facility is pretty nice, even with no big frills, the best part was sitting next to Richie Lewis (RU wrestler) and shooting the bull and picking his brain about RU wrestling, college wrestling in general, and his time spent in Iowa ( which he loved). Met his dad too later on, good guy

Most colleges in the Notheast draw fewer than a hundred fans for their baseball games, even the ones with nice stadiums. The weather is just too brutal during the majority of the college baseball season, and there is just too much competition for the entertainment dollar, let alone RU not even charging $$.

I went to the RU -Purdue baseball game on a Saturday after football practice a few weeks ago, and sat there with about 90 other fans, with no admission. The facility is pretty nice, even with no big frills, the best part was sitting next to Richie Lewis (RU wrestler) and shooting the bull and picking his brain about RU wrestling, college wrestling in general, and his time spent in Iowa ( which he loved). Met his dad too later on, good guy
I would agree with you prior to Hobbs being AD at RU. Granted it's about #13 on the list of importance for athletics at this point in the game, but I can't see RU sitting idle and allowing my High School to have a better field forever, especially with Hobbs fundraising and us in line for a massive payday in 4 years time. We might not have a palace like some of the fields in the SEC, but one with lights and a video scoreboard at a bare minimum isn't exactly something lofty to ask for.

Reactions: Local Shill

I'm buddies with the guy who does the radio broadcasts of the NU softball. They arrived at RU to do the games and the RU folks were lost trying to figure out what to do because they have no setup for radio/media. I can't find the picture he sent me but it was a folding table they sat behind home plate and 2 folding chairs and told them they would have to use their cell phones as the method to transmit for broadcast. During the conversation the baseball guys said the same thing basically happened to them last year for the baseball games at their facility. I think some updates might be in order even if not building a stadium you can have some press facilities.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I'm buddies with the guy who does the radio broadcasts of the NU softball. They arrived at RU to do the games and the RU folks were lost trying to figure out what to do because they have no setup for radio/media. I can't find the picture he sent me but it was a folding table they sat behind home plate and 2 folding chairs and told them they would have to use their cell phones as the method to transmit for broadcast. During the conversation the baseball guys said the same thing basically happened to them last year for the baseball games at their facility. I think some updates might be in order even if not building a stadium you can have some press facilities.
That to me is humiliating.

Reactions: Local Shill
Watched UM-RU softball on BTN before they yanked off the air in 3rd inning because of blow out. On TV our facilities look flat out terrible compared to every single softball field I've seen on all the various channels. We are the ONLY field with portabe aluminum bleachers and folding table behind home plate

RU ties in the 8th 6-6 w a 4 run top of 8th first run unearned due to Nebraska ERROR, then Marcincyk hits a 3 run homer !

Reactions: BigLou
We're behind in facilities in many sports compared to most of the Big Ten but the disparity is definitely most obvious in baseball and softball. Ours is a glorified high school facility compared to most of of our brethren.

Softball is the biggest embarrassment of a facility at RU, that said I'd rather us get the Soccer/Lax practice building done before a softball stadium is built. But yes it is like your local little league park (worse actually - no permanent press area or building) versus the rest of college which are like small minor league parks.

If the Big 10 was so concerned by our non revenue facilities then they could have given RU a full share or near full share of the revenue streams before 2021. We get about a 1/4. So the Big 10 is going to wait.
Meanwhile our baseball team still has a realistic chance of making the Big 10 Tournament.

Reactions: CERU00
Softball is the biggest embarrassment of a facility at RU, that said I'd rather us get the Soccer/Lax practice building done before a softball stadium is built. But yes it is like your local little league park (worse actually - no permanent press area or building) versus the rest of college which are like small minor league parks.
Well we now know where funding for a new baseball, softball, track/field and Field Hockey stadiums are coming from..

http://newbrunswicktoday.com/article/rutgers-capital-budget-request-sets-stage-massive-investment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT