ADVERTISEMENT

RU bus involved in accident

aplus29

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2003
Randolph
The bus carrying the Rutgers offensive players blew a tire, caught fire and is on the side of route 80 near state college. Everyone is ok, but wow...just wow

Especially sucks with these cold temps if everyone had to quickly get off the bus and stand on the side of the highway until a new bus can come collect them.

That was late this afternoon too. Was coming home from Scranton this afternoon, and I'm sure I passed them right about 3pm, on Rt 33 in Pa as we were coming south from rt 80 to Rt 78. A bunch of Academy busses with NJSP trucks with their lights on. I was surprised they were traveling there that late in the day.

The bus carrying the Rutgers offensive players blew a tire, caught fire and is on the side of route 80 near state college. Everyone is ok, but wow...just wow

I just saw this on the BWI board. Wow, glad no one was seriously hurt and hope the State Trooper is ok.

Reactions: knightfan7
can't believe franklin sabotaged our bus.

Is Franklin, Manny, Moe or Jack?

manny-moe-jack-main.png

MO

This is what happens when people don't follow DJ Spanky's tire advice.
They probably didn't get a chance to read the board before they left. Damnit, I knew I should have posted this yesterday!

4Real...no offense intended but when do you expect the team to travel for a Saturday game that is less than 4-5 hours of driving time. I can recall were Friday by bus to all of our away games to Uconn, Boston area, Cornell, tc. Games at Lehigh, Lafayette, Columbia, Delaware and of course Princeton were often game day bus travel.
Currently most B1G games are by air except perhaps Maryland which again becomes Friday air travel.
Unfortunstely road hazards such as a flat can even occur when traveling from the airport to the hotel. One would also expect if there was a second bus and any cars in the caravan all of the occupants were unloaded to the other vehicles and a minimum of travel time was lost.

Reactions: redking
4Real...no offense intended but when do you expect the team to travel for a Saturday game that is less than 4-5 hours of driving time. I can recall were Friday by bus to all of our away games to Uconn, Boston area, Cornell, tc. Games at Lehigh, Lafayette, Columbia, Delaware and of course Princeton were often game day bus travel.
Currently most B1G games are by air except perhaps Maryland which again becomes Friday air travel.
Unfortunstely road hazards such as a flat can even occur when traveling from the airport to the hotel. One would also expect if there was a second bus and any cars in the caravan all of the occupants were unloaded to the other vehicles and a minimum of travel time was lost.

I like to travel on Thursday. Get some downtime once you arrive at your destination, ya know? Relax, have a good meal, couple of drinks, go to bed early. And, of course, any travel tragedies leave you with all of Friday to work out the kinks.

But that's just me.

Friday is normal travel for almost every team in the country unless it's a West Coast trip. Bus is also standard if it's within 3 hours or so from Piscataway.

Reactions: Leonard23

Sounds like a country/western song...did Sandusky F the horse?

It would be shocking if they found a 22 caliber bullet from a redneck's gun inside the tire, shocking.

I would not despair...

Franklin - is 1 Kevin Spacey movie away from being exposed as a pedo...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT