ADVERTISEMENT

RU Commits & HS Season Discussion Thread

What made him most comfortable? Did he take an OV there? How about unofficial visits?

Odd to tell him where he couldn't go, but wouldn't tell him where to go...
Any more info to share? Thanks.
What was that one specific factor?

He enjoyed the showers.......jk lol

I'm sure it has to do with something the NLWC can provide/offer him at some point in the future.

Looks Oliveri was at the Olympic Club duals this weekend and went 4-0 at 148

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Raf Knapp (CALIFORNIA TOP TEAM) Maj 11-3

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Dagen Condomitti (NAWC) Dec 5-1

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Drake Acklin (KEYSTONE OUTLAWS BLACK) Dec 5-4

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

Soldano was on the roster but didn't wrestle so SKWC forfeited every match at 185.

Looks Oliveri was at the Olympic Club duals this weekend and went 4-0 at 148

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Raf Knapp (CALIFORNIA TOP TEAM) Maj 11-3

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Dagen Condomitti (NAWC) Dec 5-1

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Drake Acklin (KEYSTONE OUTLAWS BLACK) Dec 5-4

Joey Olivieri (SKWC) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

Soldano was on the roster but didn't wrestle so SKWC forfeited every match at 185.
148? Damn that’s a big bump from 126 last year. Wonder if he fills out at 157 in college. Big hole there after MVB graduates unless Glasgow gets back on the mat.

148? Damn that’s a big bump from 126 last year. Wonder if he fills out at 157 in college. Big hole there after MVB graduates unless Glasgow gets back on the mat.

He was at 132 last year IIRC

He was at 132 last year IIRC
Yeah, you’re right. That’s still a decent bump up in 6 months. I was hoping Peterson would bump up to the same weight class this upcoming year but that seems unlikely now.

Hamilton and Soldano both wrestled in the Tyrant Battle in the Burgh High School event this past weekend. Happy to see these guys and Oliveri still wrestling in a bunch of preseason tournaments.

Kyonte went 9-0 and Soldano went 8-1.

285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Riley Ucker (Ascension) Fall 2:36
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Carl DiGiorgio (Escape the Rock South) Fall 3:26
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Owen Veitmeier (RIde Out Superior) Dec 4-0
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Tommy Goodwin (Iron Horse White) Dec 7-1
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Shane Whitney (Elite Stars) Maj 15-3
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Mike Toranzo (Team Shutt Burkett) Dec 4-0
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Gunner Triebly (BVRTC) Fall 3:10
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Rocco Arduini (Gorilla Grapplers) Fall 2:02

182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Nate Taylor (RIde Out Superior) TF 18-2
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Cael Crebs (Superior) Inj 1:30
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Devon Bell (Elite Stars) Fall 0:51
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Holden Cypher (Warhawks Black) Dec 10-3
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Ethan Richner (Team Nauman Purple) TF 17-2
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Andrew Connolly (BVRTC) TF 17-2
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Dillon Walker (Team Shutt Burkett) Maj 9-0
182 - Kole Mulhauser (Gorilla Grapplers) over Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) Dec 6-3

Don't know much about Kole Mulhauser except that I think he finished 3rd in NY last year at 145 so it is definitely a puzzling loss but I didn't see the match and have no idea what happened. It was the 1st match of the day as well.

Hamilton and Soldano both wrestled in the Tyrant Battle in the Burgh High School event this past weekend. Happy to see these guys and Oliveri still wrestling in a bunch of preseason tournaments.

Kyonte went 9-0 and Soldano went 8-1.

285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Riley Ucker (Ascension) Fall 2:36
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Carl DiGiorgio (Escape the Rock South) Fall 3:26
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Owen Veitmeier (RIde Out Superior) Dec 4-0
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Tommy Goodwin (Iron Horse White) Dec 7-1
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Shane Whitney (Elite Stars) Maj 15-3
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Mike Toranzo (Team Shutt Burkett) Dec 4-0
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Gunner Triebly (BVRTC) Fall 3:10
285 - Kyonte Hamilton (Warhawks Black) over Rocco Arduini (Gorilla Grapplers) Fall 2:02

182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Nate Taylor (RIde Out Superior) TF 18-2
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Cael Crebs (Superior) Inj 1:30
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Devon Bell (Elite Stars) Fall 0:51
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Holden Cypher (Warhawks Black) Dec 10-3
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Ethan Richner (Team Nauman Purple) TF 17-2
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Andrew Connolly (BVRTC) TF 17-2
182 - Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) over Dillon Walker (Team Shutt Burkett) Maj 9-0
182 - Kole Mulhauser (Gorilla Grapplers) over Brian Soldano (Iron Horse White) Dec 6-3

Don't know much about Kole Mulhauser except that I think he finished 3rd in NY last year at 145 so it is definitely a puzzling loss but I didn't see the match and have no idea what happened. It was the 1st match of the day as well.
Hamilton is a beast.

I'm curious what happened in that Soldano match as well. Mulhauser is a junior but has wrestled varsity for 4 years now:

Hamilton is a beast.

I'm curious what happened in that Soldano match as well. Mulhauser is a junior but has wrestled varsity for 4 years now:

Yeah...he's obviously no slouch but he isn't on Soldano's level normally. Plus, he weighed in at 172.4 and wrestled at 170 the rest of the tournament, so he was 12 lbs lighter than Soldano (184.4) and that's quite a mismatch as well. Obviously things happen especially in preseason tournaments, but it would be interesting to find out what went down.

Yeah...he's obviously no slouch but he isn't on Soldano's level normally. Plus, he weighed in at 172.4 and wrestled at 170 the rest of the tournament, so he was 12 lbs lighter than Soldano (184.4) and that's quite a mismatch as well. Obviously things happen especially in preseason tournaments, but it would be interesting to find out what went down.

Kid got a takedown and backs to go up 4-0(the kid looked good on feet, had a previous TD waved off). Period ended 4-0. Kid got a pretty quick reversal to go up 6-0, Soldano then get a reversal with about 10 seconds left in second to make it 6-2. Soldano with quick escape to make it 6-3. Soldano almost had a TD on edge of mat. Mulhauser looked very good.
FYI-all periods were 1 minute 30 seconds, so harder to come back in the shorter periods. And as you said pre-season tournament(still surprised he lost) but if you wrestle a ton of matches in the off season, you are bound to get upset in a match once in awhile.

Kid got a takedown and backs to go up 4-0(the kid looked good on feet, had a previous TD waved off). Period ended 4-0. Kid got a pretty quick reversal to go up 6-0, Soldano then get a reversal with about 10 seconds left in second to make it 6-2. Soldano with quick escape to make it 6-3. Soldano almost had a TD on edge of mat. Mulhauser looked very good.
FYI-all periods were 1 minute 30 seconds, so harder to come back in the shorter periods. And as you said pre-season tournament(still surprised he lost) but if you wrestle a ton of matches in the off season, you are bound to get upset in a match once in awhile.

Thanks for the insight and breakdown. Sounds to me he got caught a little off guard to start and after giving up 6 points like that it's hard to come back against top guys especially with shortened periods.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan

If you go out not expecting much of a challenge, that can happen. It's also possible that the kid is or has become much better than previously thought.

Reactions: elvis7
Super 32 Entries (10/24 - 10/25)
https://www.super32.com/page/show/2909947-entries

Commits:
#8 Brian Soldano (182)
- 182 is absolutely stacked with #2 Rylan Rodgers, #4 Jake Evans, #6 Bennett Berge, #8 Soldano, #10 Jaxon Smith, #16 Hudson Hightower, #17 Tylynn Lukens all registered. This will be huge litmus test for Soldano.

#2 Kyonte Hamilton (285) - Will potentially get a WNO rematch against #1 Chase Horne who is also registered.

No Oliveri, Weaver, or Chletsos. Oliveri has wrestled in numerous events/tournaments this off-season, but haven't seen anything from Weaver or Chletsos yet.

Targets/Others of Interest:
Tyler Vazquez (Delbarton - 120) - #10 @ 113
Joseph Cangro (BC - 126)
Alex Almeyda (SJR - 138) - #13 @ 138
Anthony White (South Plainfield - 145)
Caleb Henson (Woodland, GA - 152) - #14 @ 145
Matt Singleton (Woodward Academy, GA - 160) - #4 @ 170
Jake Evans (Elyria, OH - 182) - #4 @ 182

Why do you think those last 3 names are targets? Any insight?
@Lex Knapp has mentioned in prior recruiting updates that the staff has been in contact\reaching out to those guys regularly. I have no idea where we stand with them, especially being OOS guys, but maybe he has an update.

Jake Evans is from the same school as Dylan Shawver, so I'm sure that's the connection there at least.

Thanks for the insight and breakdown. Sounds to me he got caught a little off guard to start and after giving up 6 points like that it's hard to come back against top guys especially with shortened periods.
Mulhauser just committed to Princeton...

Kyonte with the third period pin. Looks like he lost a few pounds. His right wrist was wrapped but didn’t seem to affect him. Had a couple of near falls before the pin while dominating a strong stocky opponent.

Kyonte with the third period pin. Looks like he lost a few pounds. His right wrist was wrapped but didn’t seem to affect him. Had a couple of near falls before the pin while dominating a strong stocky opponent.
Love the updates keep them coming. I ended my Flo subscription might have to start it back up. Combination of Covid and their sh*tty feed made me do it.

Soldano wins by MD 11-2 over kid from NY. Got in a little trouble early on a scramble but regained control and was not really challenged rest of match.

Reactions: MS-RU
Soldano wins by MD 11-2 over kid from NY. Got in a little trouble early on a scramble but regained control and was not really challenged rest of match.

Yeah, it was a very funky scramble and then Soldano got too high but other than that the kid wasn't much of a threat.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Soldano wins his semi finals matchup 12-10 against Joey Milano (Sr - NC State commit). He had a huge throw early in the 1st which got him 5 points but unfortunately it was on the edge of the mat. If it was more centered he would have stepped over and ended it.

He was nonstop attacking in the 1st and 2nd, but seemed to run out of gas late in the 3rd and gave up a few takedowns which made the score closer than it should have been.

He will face #6 Bennett Berge in the finals.

Hamilton loses to #3 Hayden Copass (Sr - Wisconsin commit) 3-1 in SV

I'm not concerned about Hamilton long term. The fact that he's competing at this level, this quickly, is promising. It will come together when it matters for RU. He had some nice moves in the 3rd period, but when you're going against a seasoned heavyweight, time of match was against him.

I'm not concerned about Hamilton long term. The fact that he's competing at this level, this quickly, is promising. It will come together when it matters for RU. He had some nice moves in the 3rd period, but when you're going against a seasoned heavyweight, time of match was against him.
Has to get his conditioning in order. Also if he doesn’t concentrate on just wrestling it’s going to be a hard transition into wrestling shape and concerns me. Want nothing but best for kid but the 2 sport thing is going to be a very tall order if you want to be elite

Reactions: brentx35

Agree 100%. You can't fix your conditioning in a few weeks or even a month, so I expect we will see him get better as the season progresses. It's a tough transition from 220 to 285 where some of the elite guys are. He will still dominate 99% of his opponents but unfortunately the top 1% is what he will face in the B1G. Good thing is he will have at least 1-2 years to get comfortable and fit at this new weight. Better doing it now than in his first year at RU.

Hamilton wins his consolation semi matchup 7-0 and will wrestle Ryan Boersma for 3rd place. He beat him earlier in the tournament 2-1

Wow, Soldano is an absolute monster! Finishes 1st at 182 with fall in the 3rd against #6 Bennett Berge.

This will move him up in the rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT