ADVERTISEMENT

RU Commits & HS Season Discussion Thread

I'm not sure how that kid didn't get hit with any stalls when he was on bottom. He barely moved.
Exactly. Love that Kyonte had a few jump behind moves to try to get Takedowns. Not something you see from heavies. He also looked in a bit better shape.

I didn't watch the match but saw that Soldano beat #15 Jake Evans once again (4-0)

It appears he will face #7 Max Wilner in the final dual for 3rd place.

Last edited:
Wow, Soldano absolutely manhandled #7 Max Wilner and got the 10-0 MD. I don't think the kid ever even got remotely close to scoring. Brian was on top 90% of the match and got 2 tilts.

He goes undefeated and picked up his (I believe) 4th ranked win this weekend. He is something special.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Wow, Soldano absolutely manhandled #7 Max Wilner and got the 10-0 MD. I don't think the kid ever even got remotely close to scoring. Brian was on top 90% of the match and got 2 tilts.

He is something special.
sorry just posted same thing. Absolutely dominated.

Reactions: MS-RU

He goes undefeated and picked up his (I believe) 4th ranked win this weekend. He is something special.
The way he rides and tilts from top is a very good sign for college... would have been nice to see how Soldano would have matched up vs Blair’s Rylan Rogers at s32

PSU gets another elite recruit, as expected... #1 Figs
Hard to compete. It comes down to what the kid values most: the prestige of the wrestling program, the elite university name as with Princeton and Cornell, or home-state loyalty and being part of a building program. Some will believe their chances of a national championship are increased with a top program, some will believe they can do it elsewhere. I wonder how many get stifled by being in a program where they never make the line-up. I suspect PSU has some of those now.

I like where Rutgers is now at several weight classes. Soldano will come in at the heals of Poz and Janzer, which will benefit them all as well as the program. I do hope to see Poz and Janzer being very successful, otherwise, that will signal a different message. The same holds true at some lighter weights. The program itself will be rated by the success of the blue-chips. I hope to see year-over-year advancement from each of them.

It appears White lost both of his matchups, but did anyone see how he looked? Were they close?

White lost to Rocco Welch 3-2 and Simon Ruiz 3-0(Ruiz with a takedown with about 2 seconds left to make it 3-0). Both Welch and Ruiz are only Sophomores.

Don’t want to get anyone here riled up but Ashnault posted a video on Instagram wrestling with Bouzakis

Reactions: Leonard23
giphy.gif

Looks like Soldano is back in action this weekend at the Journeymen Fall Classic (on Flo). No days off for this kid. There are a bunch of ranked opponents registered at 182 so it should be a hell of a tournament and hopefully he gets a match-up with Rogers.

#2 Rylan Rogers (Blair)
#4 Brian Soldano
#7 Cole Rees (Wyoming Seminary)
#12 TJ Stewart (Blair)
#19 Max Wilner (Foundtain Valley, CA)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT