ADVERTISEMENT

RU Commits & HS Season Discussion Thread

Hamilton takes 3rd with a 6-1 win over Ryan Boersma.

Great showing by both of our guys. The future is certainly bright on the banks!!

Anthony white from South Plainfield looked great this weekend. Took a 4th and solidified himself as a viable option for RU from a depth perspective.

Reactions: MS-RU
Also worth noting that one of our OOS targets, #14 Caleb Henson (GA) beat #4 Anthony Ferrari to finish 1st at 152. Would be nice if we could close him as well.

The other GA target #4 Matt Singleton lost by fall in the finals to #3 Dean Hamiti to finish 2nd at 160

Reactions: R U Crazy
Also worth noting that one of our OOS targets, #14 Caleb Henson (GA) beat #4 Anthony Ferrari to finish 1st at 152. Would be nice if we could close him as well.

The other GA target #4 Matt Singleton lost by fall in the finals to #3 Dean Hamiti to finish 2nd at 160
Good to see Soldano win it. Are we likely to land Henson?

Good to see Soldano win it. Are we likely to land Henson?

No idea, especially since he is from GA I doubt we'll get many scoops but we know that he is a target and the staff has been in contact. Outside of the that, I got nothing.

No idea, especially since he is from GA I doubt we'll get many scoops but we know that he is a target and the staff has been in contact. Outside of the that, I got nothing.
I'd love to get a foothold down south and steal a few top wrestlers away from places like NC State and Okie State.

Flo National Rankings Update after Super 32:

Brandan Chletsos: #7 at 126 (up from #8) - Seems like he benefited from some results at S32 even though he didn't attend. Hasn't been active this off season or in any preseason tournaments yet so any movements in the rankings are based on other people's results.

Joey Olivieri: #13 at 145 (down from #10) - Was jumped by Anthony White (#10 from NR) after his impressive showing this weekend. Olivieri didn't attend so that hurt him in the rankings slightly as opposed to Chletsos. Curious to see White jump so high, especially over Olivieri but it doesn't matter right now especially if both end up at 145 it will be settled on the mat at some point.

Dylan Weaver: #19 at 160 (down from #16) - I really hope he isn't going 160 this year as he was undersized for 152 last year. He also hasn't been active this off season/preseason so only time will tell where he ends up so any movement in the rankings is based on other people's results as well.

Brian Soldano: #5 at 182 (up from #8) after his impressive S32 championship last weekend. Pinned #6 Bennett Berge in the finals. He is so dangerous and will continue to absolutely dominate opponents, especially in state for the next 2 years.

Kyonte Hamilton: #3 at 285 (down from #2) after his 3rd place finish and loss to eventual #1 Hayden Copass at S32

Joey Olivieri: #13 at 145 (down from #10) - Was jumped by Anthony White (#10 from NR) after his impressive showing this weekend. Olivieri didn't attend so that hurt him in the rankings slightly as opposed to Chletsos. Curious to see White jump so high, especially over Olivieri but it doesn't matter right now especially if both end up at 145 it will be settled on the mat at some point.
Nice that White finished 4th at S32 and he continues to get better, but odd that he jumps Olivieri, who finished ahead of him in the same state bracket earlier this year, and should be ranked higher.

We need to go all in on Bouzakis as Penn State is fill at his weight class so he is not a high priority for PSU. Can’t imagine they have a lot money to spend on his weight class. It will be a test of our recruiting. If we get him, he will have Ashnault, CBass, Nicky, Kamol, Alveraz and others as work out partners. What school can offer more?

Reactions: Leonard23
We need to go all in on Bouzakis as Penn State is fill at his weight class so he is not a high priority for PSU. Can’t imagine they have a lot money to spend on his weight class. It will be a test of our recruiting. If we get him, he will have Ashnault, CBass, Nicky, Kamol, Alveraz and others as work out partners. What school can offer more?

Would love to see that but think chances are slim to none.

Reactions: Leonard23

Brian Soldano will face James Rowley (JR - Crescent Valley, OR) on Ashnault's showcase on 11.14.20

Soldano is #5 @ 182 while Rowley is #7 @ 170 and finished 2nd at Super 32 so it should be a great match.

It's always awesome to see our wrestlers/recruits being involved in these types of match-ups.

Brian Soldano will face James Rowley (JR - Crescent Valley, OR) on Ashnault's showcase on 11.14.20

Soldano is #5 @ 182 while Rowley is #7 @ 170 and finished 2nd at Super 32 so it should be a great match.

It's always awesome to see our wrestlers/recruits being involved in these types of match-ups.
He certainly goes out and seeks competition which is great to see.

He probably won't be challenged much in NJ this season (if we even have one) or next season until end of the year tourney time. Even then, I could see a Poz-like run through states for him both seasons.

He certainly goes out and seeks competition which is great to see.

He probably won't be challenged much in NJ this season (if we even have one) or next season until end of the year tourney time. Even then, I could see a Poz-like run through states for him both seasons.
He's also on a team this weekend at Elite 8 duals.He will have multiple ranked opponents and 7 matches it's a RR format
#7 Wilner,#13 Walters and #15 Evans along with Hivnor,Simma Neves, and TJ Stewart

Drew Clearie from Nazareth, PA just decommitted from Princeton. He is an upperweight senior who came in 3rd in PA AAA at 182 last season.

I am not sure what weight he is wrestling at this season but his weight change was pretty dramatic from sophomore to junior year. In 2019, he came in 6th place at 132 lbs in AAA and in 2020 he came in 3rd place at 182 lbs in AAA. He may have grown into a 197 college guy at this point.

I don't know if this is someone we would take a look at or not. I know we have Epperly and Damerjian (both freshmen) behind RS Soph Janzer. GIven that Clearie is a relatively local guy, I was just curious.

I never expected him to choose Rutgers but still feel it unfortunate. I hope he does choose a school that brings status to his degree. There are some kids that can win championships wherever they go and others that think they need the coaching of those wrestling powerhouses. Those that will never break the line-up at the powerhouses would be better off elsewhere. Those that can win anywhere are either unimaginative or desire team recognition. Rutgers still has an uphill battle to attract wrestlers that will bring the team to that elite level. Meanwhile, it will still be fun to watch.

the value of a degree is trending down. They are cutting tuition at colleges across the country.

Soldano is wrestling today you can find the bout boards on FLOARENA under Elite 8 duals.Also if you Google elite 8 duals they've a website with FREE live video of all 4 mats

Sodano with the 2nd period pin off a top tilt then a headlock over Carter Neves. It was 2-2 after 1, but Soldano is so strong and is a really good pinner. Neves was 8th at Super 32 and wrestles for St. Parris Graham.

Soldano is at 185 with team POWA if anyone wants to follow.

Last edited:
Soldano will get Jake Evans of Elyria Ohio in a little while Evans is #15 at 182 per Flo. On Mat 1.

Soldano will get Jake Evans of Elyria Ohio in a little while Evans is #15 at 182 per Flo. On Mat 1.

We had been recruiting Evans. Until his losses at Super 32, he was ranked on top 5. No sure if we are still recruiting him. Who won the bout?

Anyone know much about T.J Stewart a junior a tBlair. I know he was good prior to going to Blair last year. He seemed to be cutting a lot of weight. Today he looked good at the 180 level. Are we recruiting him?

Soldano will be up on Mat 2 but it will be a while. He is facing #13 in Flo's 182 rankings, Hayden Walters of Oregon - a sophomore in HS.

Soldano seems like he has elite potential but needs to clean up the mistakes and recklessness. He’s still young so there’s plenty of time to improve. He definitely needs to continue to enroll in these national tournaments because I feel like he’s not going to be challenged much in NJ. Maybe High Point will bump him up to 195 in a lot of matches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT