ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Michigan Women’s Soccer

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Up 1-0 at the half. When these (young)
girls in the final third learn to close this team is going to be dangerous. Could easily be 3-0 at half time. They get down there and then kind of freeze which will change with experience.

Reactions: Tango Two
BTW - Michigan MUST get the "W" to make the B1G tourney. Just sayin' [cheers]

Good test for our side. Finishing seems to have been a problem for several years no?

I think the difference is we now have the talent on O. Just need to "age" a little. Today's goal was frosh-to-frosh so good sign!

I don't like how we're playing this half, however, letting Michigan dictate. Playing "not to lose," instead of to win, and that could cost us a home match in the quarters if Michigan ties it up here.

21 points on the season. Could have taken this thing had we not had a "soft" 2 weeks to start the month. Damn. Regardless CONGRATS to the ladies for another W, a GREAT season, and hopefully a top 4 finish and home match in the quarters this Sunday!

1-0 is the final. Rutgers guaranteed at least 5th in the Big ten with 21 points. Rutgers can pass Minnesota and Northwestern if they lose or tie on the road tonight against Nebraska and Michigan St. respectively. Rutgers can tie Penn state if it loses at Wisconsin tonight.

1-0 is the final. Rutgers guaranteed at least 5th in the Big ten with 21 points. Rutgers can pass Minnesota and Northwestern if they lose or tie on the road tonight against Nebraska and Michigan St. respectively. Rutgers can tie Penn state if it loses at Wisconsin tonight.

Northwestern won ... ugh ... perhaps PSU loses or Minnesota loses/ties ... both games scoreless.

PSU losing in 74th minute ... Minnesota is tied In 72nd minute.

PSU still down 1-0 with 10 minutes left ... who wins the tie-breaker since they tied earlier?

PSU loses!!!! Minny/Nebraska tied after regulation!!!! Come on, Huskers!!!!

Ugh ... Minny won ... so depending on tie breaker RU looking like 5th place and no home game :( ... at least another chance against PSU!!!

Looks like we win the tiebreaker against PSU (record against common opponents higher in standings than us), making us 4th!

If we lose to PSU in round one, are we in danger of not making the NCAA?

The top 16 host the first & second rounds, so we need this one maybe to host a game or 2 in the NCAAs

Team came out hard & fast unlike in previous few games. Believe we sat back a little too much in the second half. Gave them the middle of the field & put a lot of pressure on ourselves in the defensive 1/3. Think Amirah might have hit a bit of a Frosh wall. She has played a lot of minutes. Perhaps she needs a bit of a break during games at least. Don't see it happening however at this stage of things. Great win by the Ladies. Go RU.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
What many seem to have missed is the reemergence , as in 2015, of forwards pressuring hard the other teams back line and running at the goalie . It caused several missed hits and this has been lacking.

I attribute in part to the energy expended by Dana Goldstein ( a defender 3 weeks ago ) It seems contagious as Colby and Alaysia played , perhaps, their best game in that capacity. We didnt , i think, see much of Laplant and Hendley who dont attack that as hard as those three.

I think the girls repeatedly stripped the ball and while nearly giving up a goal on 2 missed assignments they were totally dominent

Having Michigan passing side to side , outside the formed umbrella, without penetration shoud not be construed as mounting a solid attack.

From 26 minute mark in the first half the ball almost never left the Michigan zone. There were multiple solid shots at goal that did not connect

i think something can be done when every player on the team repeatedly fires just high. Back to basics?

What many seem to have missed is the reemergence , as in 2015, of forwards pressuring hard the other teams back line and running at the goalie . It caused several missed hits and this has been lacking.

I attribute in part to the energy expended by Dana Goldstein ( a defender 3 weeks ago ) It seems contagious as Colby and Alaysia played , perhaps, their best game in that capacity. We didnt , i think, see much of Laplant and Hendley who dont attack that as hard as those three.

I think the girls repeatedly stripped the ball and while nearly giving up a goal on 2 missed assignments they were totally dominent

Having Michigan passing side to side , outside the formed umbrella, without penetration shoud not be construed as mounting a solid attack.

From 26 minute mark in the first half the ball almost never left the Michigan zone. There were multiple solid shots at goal that did not connect

i think something can be done when every player on the team repeatedly fires just high. Back to basics?
LaPlant has pressed hard with success in the last three games. In the Indiana game she was hands down our best forward. Very dangerous. In the 2nd half of the Michigan game, as a result of giving up the middle of the field, we were under constant pressure. Gave up some quality chances--one a wide open look at the goal, from in close, sent over the cross bar. We were also forced to defend several corners.

We have not made mention of the excellent run & game winning goal by Alaysia Lane off a great through ball from Nneka Moneme. Well done Alyasia & Nneka.

Reactions: mighty_knights
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT