ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Moves to Virtual Platforms Until January 31, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The politically obsessed view everything as political. The rest of us understand that COVID is an evolving and complex problem that has killed over 800K of our fellow Americans.

And while none of us likes it, we recognize that there are going to be times when it may make sense to take actions to slow the infection rate so as to spread it across time and not overwhelm the healthcare system.

The problems with just ignoring the infection rate, because early signs indicate that Omicron may be less deadly than others, include: (a) people are still getting infected with the Delta variant, which is just as deadly as the variants that killed 800K Americans, and (b) we don’t know for sure what percentage of recent infections is Delta vs Omicron, and (c) we dont know conclusively that Omicron less deadly yet, and (d) hospitalizations and deaths lag weeks behind infections, so authorities cannot wait and see what happens with this latest batch of infection surges because it risks a situation where the healthcare system is overwhelmed, leading to many preventable deaths (from all sorts of stuff, not just COVID).

Caution here is logical. Not political. COVID doesn’t care who anybody votes for.
I'm going to try to make this as non-political as possible. Your chastising the politically obsessed is surprisingly naive, as you seem to have a fairly neutral and unemotional take on a lot of issues.

First, I wholeheartedly agree with you that handling of a pandemic should not be political, but we now live in a world where everything is politicized, and instead of using facts and reason to form an opinion on an issue, people are painted as being on one political side or the other.

Why do people seem politically obsessed about the pandemic? Because it got politicized by our politicians and media from day one.

Remember when our President elect and Vice President elect said they would not trust a vaccine developed under the previous administration? What did that do to establish trust in the science?

Remember the numerous ham handed statements early in the pandemic about miracles and that the virus would just miraculously disappear without any basis? Remember the daily death count every main stream media outlet would broadcast, blaming the previous administration for these deaths?

Notice how these same media outlets are silent now that deaths under the current administration exceed those under the previous administration? Where are the daily death counts and the blame now? Well the other news outlets that tried to prop up the previous administration are of course blaming the current administration. Dumb.

However, why is there now more death when we have vacxines and early interventions with monoclonal antibodies? Death rates continue to spiral.

Unfortunately, the current administration has pushed a vaccine uber alles approach to get us out of the pandemic. No acknowledgement of natural immunity. Little support or touting of early interventions.

Meanwhile the vax pushing President and other government officials continue to demonize the unvaxed. The latest statement from the White House said the unvaxed will have an unpleasant winter filled with death and suffering. Really? Could you imagine the outrage if the other guy said that?

Meanwhile, the President is on record as saying that if you get vaccinated, you won't get the virus. He obviously was misinformed, glad handing vaccines or misspoke. For those paying close attention, they know the vaccine was never about preventing infection but preventing swvere sickness, hospitalization or death. Bu most people are not paying close attention. Most people act on information from sound bites.

Is it any wonder people are confused?

And the government continues to shill vaccines in the face of all of this misinformation. Perhaps if they were clear from start or did more to clarify the facts, more would get vaxed. But as people read news headlines that those vaxed and boosted are getting infected, the misinformed are justifiably confused.

We are nearly 2 years into this and we are still being advised that loose fitting masks must be worn. We see pictures of politician who make rhese pronouncements not wearing masks in public. Perhaps N95 masks should have been widely distributed and made available by now? Nope.

And some 2 years into this, we still do not have access to readily available rapid testing. Why is that? There are backlogs right now of people who cannot get tests.

Can you see how even apolitical people are worn out, confused and have reason to not trust what the government is doing or saying? And those that raise questions or state criticism get labeled as being on the wrong side or anti science.

The above is long winded, and arguably one sided, but I did point out missteps on both sides. This is coming from a household that is vaxxed and boosted and believes in science because we read scientific papers for verification, wear N95 masks in close quarters, and have taken many steps to stop the spread. For the love of this great country, I hope we find a way out of this soon. This country is better than what we have been the last several years, and we will get back on track.

I'm going to try to make this as non-political as possible. Your chastising the politically obsessed is surprisingly naive, as you seem to have a fairly neutral and unemotional take on a lot of issues.

First, I wholeheartedly agree with you that handling of a pandemic should not be political, but we now live in a world where everything is politicized, and instead of using facts and reason to form an opinion on an issue, people are painted as being on one political side or the other.

Why do people seem politically obsessed about the pandemic? Because it got politicized by our politicians and media from day one.

Remember when our President elect and Vice President elect said they would not trust a vaccine developed under the previous administration? What did that do to establish trust in the science?

Remember the numerous ham handed statements early in the pandemic about miracles and that the virus would just miraculously disappear without any basis? Remember the daily death count every main stream media outlet would broadcast, blaming the previous administration for these deaths?

Notice how these same media outlets are silent now that deaths under the current administration exceed those under the previous administration? Where are the daily death counts and the blame now? Well the other news outlets that tried to prop up the previous administration are of course blaming the current administration. Dumb.

However, why is there now more death when we have vacxines and early interventions with monoclonal antibodies? Death rates continue to spiral.

Unfortunately, the current administration has pushed a vaccine uber alles approach to get us out of the pandemic. No acknowledgement of natural immunity. Little support or touting of early interventions.

Meanwhile the vax pushing President and other government officials continue to demonize the unvaxed. The latest statement from the White House said the unvaxed will have an unpleasant winter filled with death and suffering. Really? Could you imagine the outrage if the other guy said that?

Meanwhile, the President is on record as saying that if you get vaccinated, you won't get the virus. He obviously was misinformed, glad handing vaccines or misspoke. For those paying close attention, they know the vaccine was never about preventing infection but preventing swvere sickness, hospitalization or death. Bu most people are not paying close attention. Most people act on information from sound bites.

And the government continues to shill vaccines in the face of all of this misinformation. Perhaps if they were clear from start or did more to clarify the facts, more would get vaxed. But as people read news headlines that those vaxed and boosted are getting infected, the misinformed are justifiably confused.

We are nearly 2 years into this and we are still being advised that loose fitting masks must be worn. We see pictures of politician who make rhese pronouncements not wearing masks in public. Perhaps N95 masks should have been widely distributed and made available by now? Nope.

And some 2 years into this, we still do not have access to readily available rapid testing. Why is that? There are backlogs right now of people who cannot get tests.

Can you see how even apolitical people are worn out, confused and have reason to not trust what the government is doing or saying? And those that raise questions or state criticism get labeled as being on the wrong side or anti science.

The above is long winded, and arguably one sided, but I did point out missteps on both sides. This is coming from a household that is vaxxed and boosted and believes in science because we read scientific papers for verification, wear N95 masks in close quarters, and have taken many steps to stop the spread. For the love of this great country, I hope we find a way out of this soon. This country is better than what we have been the last several years, and we will get back on track.
Wow, what a level headed and thoughtful response. Well done!

Wow, what a level headed and thoughtful response. Well done!
Insomnia induced stream of consciousness. Admittedly, focused on a lot of the last year, but rightfully so, because, like most people, thought this would have been over by now. To take politics out of it, the entire world is not out of it. The virus continues to rage worldwide.

Watched an interview with the outgoing NIH director. Does anyone find it odd that both he and Fauci seem reluctant to pursue the actual source of the virus and in the interview, the NIH director kept dismissing the lab leak theory and unimportant and a distraction. Really? Would think that most rational people would like to know where the virus originated so that the world could learn something about mistakes that may have been made and enact measures to prevent a future outbreak.

As an aside, was checking out a 2019 album from local punk band Titus Andronicus, who had a song called "(I Blame) Society" on their last album. They predicted the future, and perhaps they should be investigated:

I'm not sick, it's the world that is
They're hiding their disease behind a giant sign
It's twice the size of life as we perceive it to be
This sign I describe, it reads, "In silence you are free"
That's how they try to tie and tightly bind us
Reclined in our seats, oh my
They think that we are spineless
I think they are all cheats
It seems the Earth is speeding swiftly
Towards a grave catastrophe

They line us up in binaries for psychiatry retreats
Until they finally refine the virus that makes us obsolete

Huh. I don't remember that at all. I remember they started planning from day one on how to get more people vaccinated faster. They had the stupid looking video war room talking with everyone they could in government to get more vaccines in arms faster.
The lack of trust in the vaccine came from the small number but very vocal people in the medical field who trashed it simply because it was developed "too fast"

Insomnia induced stream of consciousness. Admittedly, focused on a lot of the last year, but rightfully so, because, like most people, thought this would have been over by now. To take politics out of it, the entire world is not out of it. The virus continues to rage worldwide.

Watched an interview with the outgoing NIH director. Does anyone find it odd that both he and Fauci seem reluctant to pursue the actual source of the virus and in the interview, the NIH director kept dismissing the lab leak theory and unimportant and a distraction. Really? Would think that most rational people would like to know where the virus originated so that the world could learn something about mistakes that may have been made and enact measures to prevent a future outbreak.

As an aside, was checking out a 2019 album from local punk band Titus Andronicus, who had a song called "(I Blame) Society" on their last album. They predicted the future, and perhaps they should be investigated:

I'm not sick, it's the world that is
They're hiding their disease behind a giant sign
It's twice the size of life as we perceive it to be
This sign I describe, it reads, "In silence you are free"
That's how they try to tie and tightly bind us
Reclined in our seats, oh my
They think that we are spineless
I think they are all cheats
It seems the Earth is speeding swiftly
Towards a grave catastrophe

They line us up in binaries for psychiatry retreats
Until they finally refine the virus that makes us obsolete

In watching that segment did it you see the last little part with him playing guitar and doing the puff the magic dragon parity? Wtf?

If we really took the lab position it would really push the Olympics boycott the administration wants nothing to do with.

Signed sleepless in Rocktown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
The only tweet from a (purported) doctor says:

Whether #Omicron is inherently less virulent, whether this hopeful finding is result of baseline immunity in infected, or a combination of both, is still unclear.

It’s still unclear. Which is what I just said. And we don’t know what percentage of people in the US are infected with Delta or Omicron. So we don’t know how deadly our infection rate will turn out to be.

I don’t know who the “you guys” is to which you refer. There is only me, alone. I am not a part of, or advocating for or against, any groups, or organizations. And I generally couldn’t care less who gets elected to anything, Rs or Ds.

Also, citing purported medical information posted on twitter, without first laying a foundation for why the author of the tweet can be trusted and relied upon to be accurate and knowledgeable, is generally pointless and unpersuasive to people not looking to sell a narrative for which the tweet provides support.
I literally posted objectively verifiable data.

Reactions: bac2therac
The implication was that they're lazy and don't want to work. But, if they're retired as you said, why would/should they want to work?
That’s ALWAYS the implication from the usual suspects.

They’re always the only ones with a work ethic and they also love ‘Merica way more than everyone else does.

And they have no clue how ridiculous they look in sincerely professing both of those things.

Huh. I don't remember that at all. I remember they started planning from day one on how to get more people vaccinated faster. They had the stupid looking video war room talking with everyone they could in government to get more vaccines in arms faster.
The lack of trust in the vaccine came from the small number but very vocal people in the medical field who trashed it simply because it was developed "too fast"
They both said it. Harris in a VP debate, and Biden in some speech. They said they would not trust the former President if he said to take it, but they would trust public health officials. That is just an unusually stupid, childish and unnecessarily nuanced position to take, when they both should know that a sitting President does not have the power to tell anyone to take a vaccine or to approve a vaccine and that approvals and recommendations are made by public health officials. THAT, it politicization of science and the pandemic. The other guy did an awful lot to breed mistrust and division, got the beating he deserved and glad he is gone. But what has the new team accomplished in 11 months with approved vaccines and other EUA interventions available?

They both said it. Harris in a VP debate, and Biden in some speech. They said they would not trust the former President if he said to take it, but they would trust public health officials. That is just an unusually stupid, childish and unnecessarily nuanced position to take, when they both should know that a sitting President does not have the power to tell anyone to take a vaccine or to approve a vaccine and that approvals and recommendations are made by public health officials. THAT, it politicization of science and the pandemic. The other guy did an awful lot to breed mistrust and division, got the beating he deserved and glad he is gone. But what has the new team accomplished in 11 months with approved vaccines and other EUA interventions available?
New engraving for all US Currency being planned. "In Dopes We Trust"

Aren’t you answering your own question? You are right. No school has closed because of the flu. Because flu doesn’t spread as fast as COVID. That’s why people shouldn’t compare it to the flu.
Didn't Rutgers go fully remote for a few weeks back in 2009 due to H1N1 Swine Flu about to kill us all? Full blown panic mode there too...ordering tens of thousands of emergency vaccine shipments for all students (faculty? Bueller? Oh yeah, that ain't in the contract), placing hand sanitizer around campus, doors propped open so no one has to touch doorknobs, etc. Nice little dry run.

I have looked for any evidence him saying he didn't trust the vaccine. He was very critical of how distribution was handled but I can not find any quote he didn't trust the vaccine so I'm calling BS on that. Again from day 1 after the election he was full speed ahead. So your statement that he put doubt into people is complete nonsense. People bash him because he wants everyone that works for the government to get vaccinated. Completely opposite of what your saying.

I have looked for any evidence him saying he didn't trust the vaccine. He was very critical of how distribution was handled but I can not find any quote he didn't trust the vaccine so I'm calling BS on that. Again from day 1 after the election he was full speed ahead. So your statement that he put doubt into people is complete nonsense. People bash him because he wants everyone that works for the government to get vaccinated. Completely opposite of what your saying.

they both stated that they didn't trust Trump's roll out of the vaccine because it would be rushed and politicized. Does that mean they didn't trust the vaccine? maybe, maybe not. But saying you don't trust the process of the president, while you yourself are running for president, does not really come across that you trust the vaccine.

Good Lord... Is every statistic that you guys don't want to see automatically a conspiracy or fake news??? You've got to be kidding me... Talk about grasping at straws.

And why would you use a newspaper article with a hospital bed figure from almost 2 years ago to try to invalidate the current numbers I posted from the Arizona Department of Health Services? Not only could the amount of beds have changed in that amount of time. but your newspaper article may also be including beds in specialty hospitals like cancer clinics, heart and vascular hospitals, eye hospitals, etc, while the State Health Department wouldn't include them in the Covid figures since they aren't relevant.

My figures are from the link below in case you want to see them from the Arizona Department of Health Services source. You can hover over the parts of the graphs and it'll give you the statistics for that particular day. Sheesh.

I’m just saying seems like there’s around 5000 less staffed beds than before the pandemic. Likely due to vax mandates. It’s sad

I literally posted objectively verifiable data.
You posted tweets from people I've never heard of. Anybody can tweet anything, so I don't go wading into crap people repost from twitter. Especially not posts that include brain-dead commentary about firing people.

If you some facts to share, that would be very helpful to everyone. So at least take the time to post a link to the source of the raw data for any tweeted graphs or charts. That way people can verify that the source seems reliable as opposed to stuff cooked up in some propaganda factory somewhere.

I don't think you read closely what I said. I said BEFORE the election in the VP debate, Kamala Harris said what I said she said. Biden said something similar. I can post unedited videos if you want, but I would have to find them. I don't want to get into an argument over this. I said something very specific that BEFORE they were elected, they said they would not trust a vaccine promoted by the former President. They walked a line and said they would trust a vaccine promoted by health authorities. That is a silly statement, as vaccines are approved by health authorities via a regulated process, not by the President. I never said either said they "did not trust the vaccine." Gotta work today. Have a nice day.

You posted tweets from people I've never heard of. Anybody can tweet anything, so I don't go wading into crap people repost from twitter. Especially not posts that include brain-dead commentary about firing people.

If you some facts to share, that would be very helpful to everyone. So at least take the time to post a link to the source of the raw data for any tweeted graphs or charts. That way people can verify that the source seems reliable as opposed to stuff cooked up in some propaganda factory somewhere.
That’s his MO. Share Twitter posts from some crackpot who happens to support his narrative.

would be hilarious to see the island of misfit toys he follows on Twitter.

they both stated that they didn't trust Trump's roll out of the vaccine because it would be rushed and politicized. Does that mean they didn't trust the vaccine? maybe, maybe not. But saying you don't trust the process of the president, while you yourself are running for president, does not really come across that you trust the vaccine.
Trump's roll out and trust of vaccines to me are completely different subjects. Even if someone did connect those two it certainly was put to rest with the stupid war room daily media briefings the two of them had every single day after being elected.
Regardless of what either side said and how it was perceived you have to go way out of your way, ignore reality to come up with a fake "valid" reason not to get vaccinated. I couldn't wait to get vaccinated. I have an appointment for my boster shot next Monday as that was the earliest I could get it. Nothing anything Biden or Trump did has anything to do with my desire to be vaccinated. I'm a very smart man. I don't need to be told what to do with my health. Anyone not getting the vaccine are either incredibly stupid or brainwashed by the nonsense on the internet.

Trump's roll out and trust of vaccines to me are completely different subjects. Even if someone did connect those two it certainly was put to rest with the stupid war room daily media briefings the two of them had every single day after being elected.
Regardless of what either side said and how it was perceived you have to go way out of your way, ignore reality to come up with a fake "valid" reason not to get vaccinated. I couldn't wait to get vaccinated. I have an appointment for my boster shot next Monday as that was the earliest I could get it. Nothing anything Biden or Trump did has anything to do with my desire to be vaccinated. I'm a very smart man. I don't need to be told what to do with my health. Anyone not getting the vaccine are either incredibly stupid or brainwashed by the nonsense on the internet.
Like others I remember watching video of both Biden and Harris on the presidential campaign trail stating that they would not trust a vaccine developed under the former potus.

Quit while you’re ahead bud.
So you got nothing. Didn’t you promise us we would be better off since the adults are in charge again?
President says one thing
CDC says something different
DOH says something different from CDC
DOE contradicts the DOH
Science!!!

I don't think you read closely what I said. I said BEFORE the election in the VP debate, Kamala Harris said what I said she said. Biden said something similar. I can post unedited videos if you want, but I would have to find them. I don't want to get into an argument over this. I said something very specific that BEFORE they were elected, they said they would not trust a vaccine promoted by the former President. They walked a line and said they would trust a vaccine promoted by health authorities. That is a silly statement, as vaccines are approved by health authorities via a regulated process, not by the President. I never said either said they "did not trust the vaccine." Gotta work today. Have a nice day.
Even if they did say it they certainly have done everything to get everyone vaccinated so your statement that what they supposedly said isn't a reason not to get the vaccine. There isn't anyone in Trumps government or Biden government that put doubt into getting the vaccine.
Trump was just booed by his supporters when he admitted getting a booster shot yesterday. What is wrong with these people?

Reactions: AZBlues
Like others I remember watching video of both Biden and Harris on the presidential campaign trail stating that they would not trust a vaccine developed under the former potus.
Do you believe, if they said it, is the reason why people aren't vaccinated?? Even Trump supporters aren't getting vaccinated as we saw at his appearance yesterday.

Reactions: Greg2020
That’s ALWAYS the implication from the usual suspects.

They’re always the only ones with a work ethic and they also love ‘Merica way more than everyone else does.

And they have no clue how ridiculous they look in sincerely professing both of those things.
Hate to break this to you lil ragu but objectively verifiable data is not opinion but rather fact

Never said it was a hoax but that it would simply not be talked about after the election Was definitely her view as well. She also underestimated how evil liberal politicians are.
Lmao. Yes yet you downplaying 800k deaths are a good guy. As usual you were wrong.

Didn't Rutgers go fully remote for a few weeks back in 2009 due to H1N1 Swine Flu about to kill us all? Full blown panic mode there too...ordering tens of thousands of emergency vaccine shipments for all students (faculty? Bueller? Oh yeah, that ain't in the contract), placing hand sanitizer around campus, doors propped open so no one has to touch doorknobs, etc. Nice little dry run.
Nope I was in school then

False narrative. I specifically recall governor Cuomo saying he'd have to check with "his people" before he would take a vaccine developed under the Trump administration.

I mean i literally posted charts and objectively verifiable data lol. I dont care if frankenstein posted said charts, they are sourced. Again, men lie, women lie, numbers and data do not my friend

fake lies. pathetic

Hate to break this to you lil ragu but objectively verifiable data is not opinion but rather fact
Hey remember when you lied and said lightning more deadly for people under 25 than Covid. Good times Mr. data.

That’s his MO. Share Twitter posts from some crackpot who happens to support his narrative.

would be hilarious to see the island of misfit toys he follows on Twitter.
Again, I literally posted sourced charts and sourced data lol. You guys just dont like that it goes up against your narrative. I didnt post opinions, i posted objectively verifiable facts

Phil Kerpen the one ho called for Fauci to be fired posted a tweet within a few months of Covid started that said smokers were protected by Covid compared to the rest of the population. Dude is a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT