ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Moves to Virtual Platforms Until January 31, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey remember when you lied and said lightning more deadly for people under 25 than Covid. Good times Mr. data.
For healthy college aged kids, yes. Still is the case. In fact, for healthy kids under 18 without SIGNIFICANT health defects, theres been less than 20 deaths worldwide lol. The flu is by orders of magnitude more deadly to them, still is

I'm going to try to make this as non-political as possible. Your chastising the politically obsessed is surprisingly naive, as you seem to have a fairly neutral and unemotional take on a lot of issues.

First, I wholeheartedly agree with you that handling of a pandemic should not be political, but we now live in a world where everything is politicized, and instead of using facts and reason to form an opinion on an issue, people are painted as being on one political side or the other.

Why do people seem politically obsessed about the pandemic? Because it got politicized by our politicians and media from day one.

Remember when our President elect and Vice President elect said they would not trust a vaccine developed under the previous administration? What did that do to establish trust in the science?

Remember the numerous ham handed statements early in the pandemic about miracles and that the virus would just miraculously disappear without any basis? Remember the daily death count every main stream media outlet would broadcast, blaming the previous administration for these deaths?

Notice how these same media outlets are silent now that deaths under the current administration exceed those under the previous administration? Where are the daily death counts and the blame now? Well the other news outlets that tried to prop up the previous administration are of course blaming the current administration. Dumb.

However, why is there now more death when we have vacxines and early interventions with monoclonal antibodies? Death rates continue to spiral.

Unfortunately, the current administration has pushed a vaccine uber alles approach to get us out of the pandemic. No acknowledgement of natural immunity. Little support or touting of early interventions.

Meanwhile the vax pushing President and other government officials continue to demonize the unvaxed. The latest statement from the White House said the unvaxed will have an unpleasant winter filled with death and suffering. Really? Could you imagine the outrage if the other guy said that?

Meanwhile, the President is on record as saying that if you get vaccinated, you won't get the virus. He obviously was misinformed, glad handing vaccines or misspoke. For those paying close attention, they know the vaccine was never about preventing infection but preventing swvere sickness, hospitalization or death. Bu most people are not paying close attention. Most people act on information from sound bites.

Is it any wonder people are confused?

And the government continues to shill vaccines in the face of all of this misinformation. Perhaps if they were clear from start or did more to clarify the facts, more would get vaxed. But as people read news headlines that those vaxed and boosted are getting infected, the misinformed are justifiably confused.

We are nearly 2 years into this and we are still being advised that loose fitting masks must be worn. We see pictures of politician who make rhese pronouncements not wearing masks in public. Perhaps N95 masks should have been widely distributed and made available by now? Nope.

And some 2 years into this, we still do not have access to readily available rapid testing. Why is that? There are backlogs right now of people who cannot get tests.

Can you see how even apolitical people are worn out, confused and have reason to not trust what the government is doing or saying? And those that raise questions or state criticism get labeled as being on the wrong side or anti science.

The above is long winded, and arguably one sided, but I did point out missteps on both sides. This is coming from a household that is vaxxed and boosted and believes in science because we read scientific papers for verification, wear N95 masks in close quarters, and have taken many steps to stop the spread. For the love of this great country, I hope we find a way out of this soon. This country is better than what we have been the last several years, and we will get back on track.
I don't get my information from the government. I pay almost no attention to what politicians say or do. I don't consume any political news, nor any political commentary of any kind from anybody.

Politicians from both sides always try to leverage everything for political gain. The political obsessed among the electorate, from both sides, leverage everything they can to hypocritically demonize the other side. It's asinine sheep-like herd mentality behavior. People engage in it year after year, decade after decade, arguing the same stupid ideological points over and over and getting absolutely nowhere.

None of that is new. None of that will stop. None of that holds any interest for me. I'm not playing for anybody's political team and don't care if Rs or Ds occupy elected offices.

And none of it has anything whatsoever to do with the vaccines, masks, social distancing, etc. Vaccines are helping people stay alive, as is social distancing. Masks are a mixed bag, but are still better at cutting down naturally expelled viral droplets than not wearing masks at all. An unarguable and easily measured fact. I don't wear masks except when required to do so. But I also don't mock people for wearing them because, while I may be an asshole, I'm quite not that much of an asshole to pick on people for being afraid of a deadly virus that's killed 800K people in our country already.

None of these measures is 100% effective. But they're all better, in varying degrees, than doing nothing at all.

And when a regional transmission rate climbs above 1, making infection rates exponential, it makes sense for government, as well as private organizations, to consider taking steps to limit people's contact with one another in hopes of slowing the outbreak enough to prevent the overloading of ERs and ICUs.

People can make anything political. I don't. None of this is political for me.

I mean i literally posted charts and objectively verifiable data lol. I dont care if frankenstein posted said charts, they are sourced. Again, men lie, women lie, numbers and data do not my friend
You don't appear to understand the meaning of objectively verifiable data.

What are the sources for the data you say you posted? Provide a link to the source where the data lives please. Because then it becomes useful and believable. Until then, it's just some stranger posting something on twitter that they saw posted by someon else, who saw it posted by someone else. And nobody actually knows the origin of the data, despite whatever it might say on the pretty chart.

False narrative. I specifically recall governor Cuomo saying he'd have to check with "his people" before he would take a vaccine developed under the Trump administration.
I never brought up Cuomo. Talk about false narrative.

they both stated that they didn't trust Trump's roll out of the vaccine because it would be rushed and politicized. Does that mean they didn't trust the vaccine? maybe, maybe not. But saying you don't trust the process of the president, while you yourself are running for president, does not really come across that you trust the vaccine.
Agreed that the comments shouldn’t have been made. That said, are you implying that vaccine opponents are basing their beliefs on what Biden or Harris said?

Reactions: Greg2020
Legitimate question is how much does that have to do with the teachers vs the students? We definitely have good schools in NJ. #1 is largely due to the students and our % of asian/indian population vs the rest of the country. NJ for example is roughly 15% asian and indian (estimated 823K asians and 293K indian just about tied for largest % with California). Are NJ schools creating smart asians and indians or is it their parents and their cultures push for academic excellence? I think we all know the answer here

Agreed that the comments shouldn’t have been made. That said, are you implying that vaccine opponents are basing their beliefs on what Biden or Harris said?
The five least vaccinated towns in NJ are all deep blue. Fox and Trump sure aren’t the reason.

You don't appear to understand the meaning of objectively verifiable data.

What are the sources for the data you say you posted? Provide a link to the source where the data lives please. Because then it becomes useful and believable. Until then, it's just some stranger posting something on twitter that they saw posted by someon else, who saw it posted by someone else. And nobody actually knows the origin of the data, despite whatever it might say on the pretty chart.
The sources are literally on the charts posted by the doctors lol

Legitimate question is how much does that have to do with the teachers vs the students? We definitely have good schools in NJ. #1 is largely due to the students and our % of asian/indian population vs the rest of the country. NJ for example is roughly 15% asian and indian (estimated 823K asians and 293K indian just about tied for largest % with California). Are NJ schools creating smart asians and indians or is it their parents and their cultures push for academic excellence? I think we all know the answer here
Where are you getting these datas? The 2020 censuses say 10% Asian. Btw, Indian is part of Asian.

Reactions: Greg2020
Where are you getting these datas? The 2020 censuses say 10% Asian. Btw, Indian is part of Asian.
I know that india is part of asia but alot of the population data will separate the two. Guess it depends where you look. https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/asian-population here is shows 12% other charts show just shy of 15%

anyway, all things considered + desantis paying for higher pay for teachers in florida, its becoming evident that florida is the best state in the country

The five least vaccinated towns in NJ are all deep blue. Fox and Trump sure aren’t the reason.
Interesting that you brought up Fox and Trump without being prompted.

Speaking of irresponsible vaccine statements, countless ones have come from those two sources amongst many others in the Conservative ecosphere, despite many of those “soothsayers” being vaccinated themselves. Surely there have been far more irresponsible statements in conservative circles the the ONE STATEMENT that you and your ilk CONTINUALLY PARROT. What role have they had, in your humble opinion, in the current situation?

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
I know that india is part of asia but alot of the population data will separate the two. Guess it depends where you look. https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/asian-population here is shows 12% other charts show just shy of 15%

anyway, all things considered + desantis paying for higher pay for teachers in florida, its becoming evident that florida is the best state in the country
I really can't believe I'm entering this discussion, but I have to ask...are you basing your claim for "best state in the country" on teacher pay? If so, you should know that NJ pays substantially more than Florida by every metric.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
The sources are literally on the charts posted by the doctors lol

I already acknowledged the doctor's tweet. And pointed out that he called the chart's data hopeful, but not yet conclusive.

I hope that those charts will be representative of what happens here. But we don't yet know that it will be. This isn't predicting the outcome of a basketball game. We need to hope for the best but plan for the worst. Ask the doctor if he thinks people shouldn't get vaccinated. Or if they shouldn't wear masks indoors in crowded places, or practice social distancing.

Ask the doctor if he thinks the "data" suggests that people ignore COVID and treat it like the flu.

Reactions: AZBlues

I disagree. Harris was answering a direct question About her level of faith in the government’s speed. Bear in mind, there were substantial concerns at the time regarding pressure being placed on the FDA and other agencies to speed approvals processes for an announcement before the election.

Here is what Harris specifically said:

“I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump,” Harris said, “and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he’s talking about. I will not take his word for it.”

Trump had a track record of announcing supposed cures and therapeutics without any scientific backing. He had established a track record of making false and misleading statements regarding any treatment or vaccine.

Here is outgoing FDA head Stephen Hahn on whether there was any pressure from Trump.

“I heard loud and clear from the White House — President Trump and others — that they wanted FDA to move faster,” Hahn said in an interview Tuesday, less than 24 hours before President-elect Joe Biden is scheduled to take office……“With time, particularly over mid- to last summer and then into fall, there was a substantial amount of pressure,” said Hahn, who took the helm at FDA a little over a year ago.

Seems Harris concerns were well founded. And look what Trump did after he lost the election. He tried to coerce the DOJ to help him overturn the results. Or browbeating the Fed to reduce interest rates when the stock market sold off. Harris was right to answer as she did. She said sh’ed trust credible sources. He is not included in those sources.

For healthy college aged kids, yes. Still is the case. In fact, for healthy kids under 18 without SIGNIFICANT health defects, theres been less than 20 deaths worldwide lol. The flu is by orders of magnitude more deadly to them, still is
Proof? Show me exactly how many healthy college aged kids died from Covid in 2020 and show me exactly how many healthy college aged kids died from lightning in 2020. Let's see those numbers. Same with flu. And whatever flu stat you show won't indicate whether the people had underlying conditions.

Reactions: BossNJ
LMAO. You just don't get it and you never will.

Reactions: BossNJ and mikebal9
I disagree. Harris was answering a direct question About her level of faith in the government’s speed. Bear in mind, there were substantial concerns at the time regarding pressure being placed on the FDA and other agencies to speed approvals processes for an announcement before the election.

Here is what Harris specifically said:

“I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump,” Harris said, “and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he’s talking about. I will not take his word for it.”

Trump had a track record of announcing supposed cures and therapeutics without any scientific backing. He had established a track record of making false and misleading statements regarding any treatment or vaccine.

Here is outgoing FDA head Stephen Hahn on whether there was any pressure from Trump.

“I heard loud and clear from the White House — President Trump and others — that they wanted FDA to move faster,” Hahn said in an interview Tuesday, less than 24 hours before President-elect Joe Biden is scheduled to take office……“With time, particularly over mid- to last summer and then into fall, there was a substantial amount of pressure,” said Hahn, who took the helm at FDA a little over a year ago.

Seems Harris concerns were well founded. And look what Trump did after he lost the election. He tried to coerce the DOJ to help him overturn the results. Or browbeating the Fed to reduce interest rates when the stock market sold off. Harris was right to answer as she did. She said sh’ed trust credible sources. He is not included in those sources.
Ok. I was basically giving them that because they’re so intent on incessantly harping on it. I really paid no attention to the comments at all. See my later post related to this.

This to me is yet another example of “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”. One lie/misstatement/irresponsible statement versus thousands from their side. But they focus on the one..

It’s comical.

How many 5’9” arrogant know-it-alls does NJ have?

Lol. More cases per day than ever and more dead. Schools shutting down again. How is that better off.

I’m pretty sure your comment is tongue in cheek, because it’s patently obvious we are far better off today. Having a substantial portion of the population vaccinated means we are far better protected against severe illness and death than we would have been otherwise. The vast majority of severe cases and deaths are concentrated among the unvaxxed, as I’m sure you are well aware. Is the President at fault for harm coming to people who, despite having access and hearing a very clear, consistent message, decline to get the vaccine? Said differently, what else could he do?

Yes, Omicron is causing disruption now but most of the disruption is coming from individuals and private enterprises making their own decisions. To date, we have seen limited government intervention. And that’s how it should be assuming hospitals are not overrun by COVID cases (who will no doubt be comprised largely of the unvaccinated). .

I’m pretty sure your comment is tongue in cheek, because it’s patently obvious we are far better off today. Having a substantial portion of the population vaccinated means we are far better protected against severe illness and death than we would have been otherwise. The vast majority of severe cases and deaths are concentrated among the unvaxxed, as I’m sure you are well aware. Is the President at fault for harm coming to people who, despite having access and hearing a very clear, consistent message, decline to get the vaccine? Said differently, what else could he do?

Yes, Omicron is causing disruption now but most of the disruption is coming from individuals and private enterprises making their own decisions. To date, we have seen limited government intervention. And that’s how it should be assuming hospitals are not overrun by COVID cases (who will no doubt be comprised largely of the unvaccinated). .
Oh no, it’s not tongue in cheek. And therein lies the problem.

Teachers teach to whoever is in their classroom and that bring it's own sets of pros and cons. I think there's some validity on the surface at what you're saying. The discipline and lack of fluff in Asian families often puts home grown Americans to shame. However, that intensity brings it's own set of issues, drama and problems. The true value of a teacher isn't just in some advanced metrics and raw GPA. I know this doesn't fit the narrative needed for this type of thread, it's the truth however.

I already acknowledged the doctor's tweet. And pointed out that he called the chart's data hopeful, but not yet conclusive.

I hope that those charts will be representative of what happens here. But we don't yet know that it will be. This isn't predicting the outcome of a basketball game. We need to hope for the best but plan for the worst. Ask the doctor if he thinks people shouldn't get vaccinated. Or if they shouldn't wear masks indoors in crowded places, or practice social distancing.

Ask the doctor if he thinks the "data" suggests that people ignore COVID and treat it like the flu.
Hahaha wait so are you claiming that after two years you havent realized that the US literally knows what will happen because you do recognize these waves start in europe and Africa and then come here. This is why its predictable as to the lack of severity omicron poses + when it will die

Reactions: MulletCork
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT