ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers set to hire Fran Brown, expected time be Co-DC

Until it's signed, but, I trust Richie way more than the "insiders" here that are really frauds.

But they were only trying to help the rest of us by passing along rock solid rumors that they heard from unnamed sources within or close to the BOG. lol

Great hire in Fran Brown. Recruiting has got to be a strength for RU FB.

Hope he can flip some good ones.

Co-DC wow? Nice does that imply AC too I thought that might be a reach but who knows then. Or could it be someone else...I've always wondered if GS might try to tap Bob Fraser for something he's been with GS through many of his stops. Regardless this is a good hire and not breaking the bank either...between the 2 DCs maybe just over a million.
AC is making $415k at Xichigan. So $600k for him as the other co-DC is well within budget. Are we dreaming? 40 years we've been waiting for football to act like a real program. It's really happening!

AC is making $415k at Xichigan. So $600k for him as the other co-DC is well within budget. Are we dreaming? 40 years we've been waiting for football to act like a real program. It's really happening!
It wasn't just the money that lead to my thinking it was likely a reach to get both...it's more of who will be THE guy calling plays...I'd figured both of them would want that and be content to stay where they were if they didn't get it. So who knows we'll see.

Reactions: beaced
Offering him seven figures I hear.

It wasn't just the money that lead to my thinking it was likely a reach to get both...it's more of who will be THE guy calling plays...I'd figured both of them would want that and be content to stay where they were if they didn't get it. So who knows we'll see.
I saw you mention that in the other thread and it's a great point. After reading the piece @FastMJ posted, my impression of Fran Brown is that that's not what motivates him at all. As far as Anthony, he never wanted to leave, so I really think the chance to come home to his alma mater will be a powerful pull for him. Plus, he'll get to work with Nunzio and Greg, what could be better than that?

Offering him seven figures I hear.
Wow well with that I'm guessing he'd get the play calling duties which means Brown was okay with taking a back seat....wonder what his salary was at Temple to know how much more the 600K was than what he made.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FastMJ
Co-DC wow? Nice does that imply AC too I thought that might be a reach but who knows then. Or could it be someone else...I've always wondered if GS might try to tap Bob Fraser for something he's been with GS through many of his stops. Regardless this is a good hire and not breaking the bank either...between the 2 DCs maybe just over a million.
I think Bob will be named LB coach and co-DC once the Patriots season is over .

Reactions: hiwater
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT