ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers set to hire Fran Brown, expected time be Co-DC

I love the fact he hired Fran Brown as a 'Co-DC".
Does this mean we get to add A. Camp as well?

If that is true, the message board gets their Dream team on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: whofrewdatmataRU13
I love the fact he hired Fran Brown as a 'Co-DC".
Does this mean we get to add A. Camp as well?

If that is true, the message board gets their Dream team on the defensive side of the ball.
Hope this is true. It is a tremendous opportunity for those two young, up and coming coaches to be mentored by one of the best and most experienced defensive coaches in the country.

Rutgers is not f*cking around anymore. This is a NJ dream team of coaches.

You mean to tell me that some day, in the not too distant future, the sleeping giant might finally awaken?

Sure is nice: The thought of going into the fight without one hand tied behind our back. I can see it now...

Reactions: rurichdog
Sounds like a great hire. Would be nice to get A Camp as well but can’t believe we would need to pay him seven figures.

This hire may also influence Blackshear to stay. He's already retweeted it. This is a HUGE hire.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Reactions: Knight Shift
Why did Sitkowski decide to stay then?

I have consistently said I don’t care if either of them plays another down at this school.

However, two very different circumstances. From what I have read, the plan was for Art to red shirt all along.

Blackshear decided to redshirt on game day, leaving Nunzio no time to prepare for his absence.

Reactions: hiwater
Pull in the other Camp and we may see a NJ lockdown in a couple of years. Greg/Brown/Camp II and then go for top guys at the other positions who reach elsewhere but can coach. Wouldn't mind seeing an ex RU player from the GS years getting a shot at one of the Asst positions.

Wonder if Fran Brown will pull for Elijah Robinson as D-line coach. Robinson currently at Texas A&M. Camden native, coached at Temple, went to Baylor with Rhule and Brown.
https://12thman.com/staff-directory/elijah-robinson/642

Robinson has 4 star DL from Richland, NJ Isaiah Raikes committed:

and Camden DE Fadil Diggs:

Greg and Fran should make Elijah and offer he can't refuse. He's making $575,000 at Texas A&M

Last edited:
It wasn't just the money that lead to my thinking it was likely a reach to get both...it's more of who will be THE guy calling plays...I'd figured both of them would want that and be content to stay where they were if they didn't get it. So who knows we'll see.
to answer your question: It's the D. So they don'r call PLAYS per se.They set up schemes and get the kids to execute them. THAT,IMO sounds as if Greg may make those calls.As long as he lets the OC DO IT ALL ,i will be content. Maybe even Happy.

Wonder if Fran Brown will pull for Elijah Robinson as D-line coach. Robinson currently at Texas A&M. Camden native, coached at Temple, went to Baylor with Rhule and Brown.
https://12thman.com/staff-directory/elijah-robinson/642

Robinson has 4 star DL from Richland, NJ Isaiah Raikes committed:

and Camden DE Fadil Diggs:

Greg and Fran should make Elijah and offer he can't refuse . He's making $575,000 at Texas A&M
Since Fran will be getting 600 thousand and Robinson is already making 575,could he be paid more than the CO DC? Would LOVE to see him on Staff.

I don’t see the point in naming a co-DC before the whole defensive staff is settled. Wait and see who else is hired and how all the pieces fit together.

I just read this article. Wanted to include this as it could be something to look for in recruiting:

When rising Williamstown senior Aaron Lewis narrowed his choice of colleges last spring, it stung leaving Temple out of his top five. That was because of Brown.

Brown, while at Baylor, recruited Lewis, who recently committed to Michigan. He was the first to reach out to Lewis and the connection with the family was deep.

“You might have to make it six just to kind of give him his props,” Lewis’ mother Angela told him.

Perhaps Lewis is back in play if going to a P5 school was the factor.

Reactions: FastMJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT