ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs PSU

The Lions will have fresh legs Sunday.
Rutgers wins 125.
133 Rutgers is favored. It would not surprise me to see Keener take this.
141 Lee will score a ton of points
149 Zain with a fall
157 Jason matches the fall
165 Joseph with a major
174 Hall with a major
184 No with a fall
197 Cassar with a major or more
HWT Nick with a fall.

Something around 44 - 5.

Last edited:
Rutgers wins 125.
149 Zain with a fall
165 Joseph with a major
174 Hall with a major
184 No with a fall
HWT Nick with a fall.

Something around 44 - 5.
Ummm....no? Lol tf?

We shall see.

So who do you think Goodale is recruiting this year? Word is Cassar.

A lil birdie told me that Were gonna find a way to get Retherford to transfer here and get him an extra year!! Although that same lil birdie told me to bet the house on Cleveland Browns winning super bowl this year!! [banana][banana]

Rutgers wins 125.
149 Zain with a fall
165 Joseph with a major
174 Hall with a major
184 No with a fall
HWT Nick with a fall.

Something around 44 - 5.
With the way PSU has been wrestling it is hard to argue with you. I would like to see Lewis keep it closer, but could see Hall with more than a MD. Not giving Neville the pin but I see him winning by a comfortable MD 12-3 range. I see it 38-8 with a RU win at 133 or 41-5 if 133 goes the other way.

But I will be at the match rooting for the Scarlet Knights.

The Mods will need to be on alert today ,with the Ped St trolls back , lol. Actually, just 2 or 3 of them.

We shall see.

So who do you think Goodale is recruiting this year? Word is Cassar.
Hell of a life you must lead. Just a word of advice, living vicariously through other people's accomplishments won't solve your own problems. You need to face your deficiency's in order to vanquish them. Your cry for help here, will not be solved by demeaning others. You really need to reevaluate your life choices. You can still change your ways and then life can truly become a beautiful thing for you.

With the way PSU has been wrestling it is hard to argue with you. I would like to see Lewis keep it closer, but could see Hall with more than a MD. Not giving Neville the pin but I see him winning by a comfortable MD 12-3 range. I see it 38-8 with a RU win at 133 or 41-5 if 133 goes the other way.

But I will be at the match rooting for the Scarlet Knights.
Being at the match and supporting your wrestling team come hell or high water is always a good thing.
Enjoy the day.

Rutgers wins 125.
149 Zain with a fall
165 Joseph with a major
174 Hall with a major
184 No with a fall
HWT Nick with a fall.

Something around 44 - 5.

Wrong on the scoring on each of the 1st four. Looks like you had it at least 13-4; PSU. But it’s 9-7 RU. I realize we have no chance, but I hope RU continues to put up a good fight.

Nitlion6
Where was Joseph’s major and Nickal’s fall. You better not go to Vegas with your predictions

Reactions: KidDagger
The entire NCAA learned today that IF you get physical with the Penn St guys, their talent level drops a bit. They are terrific, no doubt, but Suriano, Del Vecchio, DeLuca, Richie 'Savage' Lewis, JVB, and Gravina, showed that if you get in their grill, you can intimidate them a bit. Just like their pathetic fan base, a bunch of snowflakes , who would melt in 5 seconds in NJ !

LOL, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Nitlion6
Where was Joseph’s major and Nickal’s fall. You better not go to Vegas with your predictions
it all depends. I called for a Penn State victory. PSU won 7 of 9 contested. Had a serious injury to a Hodge front runner.
Looked sluggish and still won going away. I suppose not getting foot stomped is a Rutgers' victory.

Rutgers wins 125.
149 Zain with a fall
165 Joseph with a major
174 Hall with a major
184 No with a fall
HWT Nick with a fall.

Something around 44 - 5.
Great prediction !! HAHAHA .. I don't know, might be tough for PSU to hold onto that top ranking after that CLUNKER against the little #18 team .. Man, 1 takedown away in 2 matches from an L to Rutgers .. you guys better hit the training room if you're trying to get 44 points.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Great prediction !! HAHAHA .. I don't know, might be tough for PSU to hold onto that top ranking after that CLUNKER against the little #18 team .. Man, 1 takedown away in 2 matches from an L to Rutgers .. you guys better hit the training room if you're trying to get 44 points.
As I posted above. 7 of 9, with a medical default in a match the Lions were winning. Not exactly a close match.
Two takedowns from losing? May as well have been 2 dozen takedowns from losing. Without any shots being taken the possibility those losses may have occurred were zero.

It is humorous though. You guys won two matches on the mat and you are trying rather hard to spin it as a win. I suppose everything is relative and this appears like a victory.

As I posted above. 7 of 9, with a medical default in a match the Lions were winning. Not exactly a close match.
Two takedowns from losing? May as well have been 2 dozen takedowns from losing. Without any shots being taken the possibility those losses may have occurred were zero.

It is humorous though. You guys won two matches on the mat and you are trying rather hard to spin it as a win. I suppose everything is relative and this appears like a victory.
Only trolls post at 4:11 am.

We are not trying to post it as a win. PSU posters predicted a crushing victory for them. It was not. PSU’s NCs had their hands full and knew they were in a match. PSU is the better team and won. Fact. Congrats. RU wrestled tough and should be proud of their efforts. As Goodale said in his press conference Lewis and Gravina have to win those matches if they want to AA

Rutgers wins 125.
149 Zain with a fall
165 Joseph with a major
174 Hall with a major
184 No with a fall
HWT Nick with a fall.

Something around 44 - 5.
Ya sure missed with this prediction dude ....ya shoulda lost another in the Gravina match too ..not only was it not a fall he shoulda los
Rutgers wins 125.
149 Zain with a fall
165 Joseph with a major
174 Hall with a major
184 No with a fall
HWT Nick with a fall.

Something around 44 - 5.
Here we are..my 2 favorite teams..I will admit I enjoy PSU a bit more but by far RU my 2nd favorite team to root for.

Here's what's expected..
Suriano tech/pin
Delvechio decision
Lee..major
Zain..tech/pin
Nolf..tech/pin
Joseph..5 point win margin to major
Hall..tech/pin
Nickal..tech/pin
Cassar..major ( i think we'll see Cassar since in NJ) if Shak tech/pin
Nevills..tech/pin

So basically we know RU is not winning. But if we want to evaluate how each team wrestles..we can do it on match by match basis and see if the wrestlers perform better or less than expected..

The only possible upset I can see is Keener beating Scott...

The reason I put tech/pin is because both are excellent accomplishments and don't want to say someone underperforms by not planting someone if they beat them 15-0
dont give up your day job if predictions are your thing ..lol..you weren’t even close

I think Pish is pretty spot on here. We're gonna get mauled lol. I am going to make a list of what I would call "good signs for March".

125-- Suriano is gonna do what he does. Anything less than a tech is alarming as we try to peak in March.

133-- SDV has a tough match here. Keener isn't a chump. If Scott decides to wrestle 7 minutes like he is capable of he should win comfortably. This is a good chance for him to show up big against a likely NCAA qualifier.

141 -- MVB is in for a tough match. Lee is a ridiculous talent who has been training in the PSU room for a year. MVB needs to score a few takedowns to show he can hang with a guy who will likely make the blood round or better. Lee is prone to going for big moves, Kaden Gfeller caught Lee at scuffle, so MVB has a shot at getting lucky, but he needs to out pace lee which will be tough. To me this match says whether or not MVB qualifies the weight.

149-- See above. if ED can score a few on Zain, get out quick, get in on shots, its a good sign to me. He'll qualify the weight either way IMO.

157-- This is tough... JVB is funk. Nolf is funk. JVB is not on Nolf's level. Can he score a few times? Can he make Nolf earn it? Can he wrestle a full 7 minutes? Those are wins. JVB shouldn't try to beat Nolf at his own game. If he can keep this under a tech its a huge sign.

165--- Richie might show up big and make this a BTN in 60 match, but I don't think he gets over the hump. If he can keep it to a decision wherein he actually scores, I think its a good gauge for if he can AA this weight.

174-- Mark Hall is going to have his way with Pagano or Grello.

184-- Gravina is going to come out angry against Nickal since last time he was packed. I think he still gets packed again.I don't know if this guages anything for Nick for March.

197/HWT-- We arent qualifying either weight.

I am reviewing my prediction....

125, 133, good signs for march.
141, MVB has to show his offense. He probably won't qualify the weight, but he needs to go have fun!
149--- I am disgusted.
157-- JVB didn't mean to hurt Nolf. He probably loses that match but I like his odds of leaving clevelnad with a winning record.
165-- RL needs to start taking down the elite guys.
174-- Grello was just outclassed. Hard to get data from this.
184-- Gravina can wrestle with the big boys. Now he has to beat a few of them.

141, MVB has to show his offense. He probably won't qualify the weight, but he needs to go have fun!
149--- I am disgusted.
157-- JVB didn't mean to hurt Nolf. He probably loses that match but I like his odds of leaving clevelnad with a winning record.
Ill wager ML qualifies

149--- I am disgusted.

Agree with the RL and Gravina assessment. RL needs to start shooting and scoring points if he want to be an AA, and I think Gravina Proved something to himself yesterday which will go a long way come March.

149: I assume you are addressing the Head slap and Heavy Hands. I am probably in the minority of Rutgers fans, but I though that he was very excessive with the head slaps. Even more so when you consider he was doing it with no intention of setting up something else like most head slaps do. The fact that he continued to do it after the first 2 times cost him points pissed me off the most.

Agree with the RL and Gravina assessment. RL needs to start shooting and scoring points if he want to be an AA, and I think Gravina Proved something to himself yesterday which will go a long way come March.

149: I assume you are addressing the Head slap and Heavy Hands. I am probably in the minority of Rutgers fans, but I though that he was very excessive with the head slaps. Even more so when you consider he was doing it with no intention of setting up something else like most head slaps do. The fact that he continued to do it after the first 2 times cost him points pissed me off the most.

The head slaps for no reason other than for the sake of slapping was bothersome. Getting on twitter later saying "that's jersey" was disgusting.

Jersey is the ovation/send-off we gave to Nolf after he got hurt, not cheap antics like that.

Reactions: 61RayStreet
There's no denying the facts, PSU failed to get the bonus points they typically expect at 141,149 (no tech or pin), 165,184 and HWT (no tech or pin). Not many predicted that occurring on either side. Also, considering PSU and OSU are on a tier above everyone else in the NCAA, the fact that Rutgers was able to keep 141,165 and 184 matches close is promising.

Not many teams in the country can say they kept Penn State and Ohio State below 30 points this year. (Yes, I know, Nolf could have gotten PSU 6 points but Van Brill was making it a match before Nolf got injured).

Everyone knows DeLuca had little chance at beating Zain. I don't think DeLuca had any bad intentions with his hand fighting, he was trying to get Zain off his game and wasn't backing down from him. I'm not disgusted by it, I would be pissed too if someone put me in a bow and arrow. Zain is a machine.

It's funny the one person we are discussing going "Jersey" with the heavy hands/slapping is the one person on the team who is NOT from new jersey.

Jersey is an attitude as much as it is a place... I grew up thinking that meant "we will kick the ever living shit out of you but we'll do it in accordance with 'street code' "

i had no issue with deluca's hand fighting. and he's at rutgers, he's in jersey. i don't care if he came to rutgers from mars - he fits right in and he has jersey swagger all over him.

Ya sure missed with this prediction dude ...

dont give up your day job if predictions are your thing ..lol..you weren’t even close

Hey Dumbell. Those weren’t predictions. It is what was expected to happen and to see who outdid themselves.

Suriano met expectations
Scott met expectations
MVB exceeded
Deluca exceeded (even though it wasn’t even wrestling)
JVB obviously no one expecting injury
Lewis exceeded
Grello expected
Gravina exceeded
Messier expected
Hermedia exceeded

All in all I’d call it a good day for RU. Didn’t like the BS Deluca pulled and it was sickening when Nolf went down with injury. I don’t think Van Brill was dirty I just think ref let it go a little too long but Nolf has wrestled thru those positions so many times and it had something to do with it (the ref letting it go a little longer). Injuries suck but in no way do I or anyone that’s being honest with themselves think Van Brill was dirty. Only dirty match was Deluca

Reactions: elvis7
Wait...OP comes on here, makes a prediction which some thought could be possible, but probably not. Number one ranked wrestlers (Nickal, Joseph, and Nolf) tested. Each and every one of them had a one point lead at the end of the match. And he comes back here to toot his own team's horn? Dude, you have some issues. Give credit where credit is due. Rutgers wrestled tough, up and down the lineup. I had some good conversations with a few PSU fans who sat behind me, and they echoed those same sentiments. You got some issues. Props go out to the RU boys for a much better than expected showing and not bowing down to a very talented team.

Wait...OP comes on here, makes a prediction which some thought could be possible, but probably not. Number one ranked wrestlers (Nickal, Joseph, and Nolf) tested. Each and every one of them had a one point lead at the end of the match. And he comes back here to toot his own team's horn? Dude, you have some issues. Give credit where credit is due. Rutgers wrestled tough, up and down the lineup. I had some good conversations with a few PSU fans who sat behind me, and they echoed those same sentiments. You got some issues. Props go out to the RU boys for a much better than expected showing and not bowing down to a very talented team.

Who’s tooting their horns? Did you read what I just posted? RU exceeded or met expectations in every match. Not one kid was worse than expected for RU so not sure where you thinking I’m tooting any horns

Who’s tooting their horns? Did you read what I just posted? RU exceeded or met expectations in every match. Not one kid was worse than expected for RU so not sure where you thinking I’m tooting any horns
They were your predictions and now you wanna say they weren’t ..when you dumb just say you were dumb and you got it wrong ..wrong by a long shot

I don't know, they seemed pretty intimidated by record crowds against Ohio State and Oklahoma State last season. Pretty much turned tail and ran. Oops. They defeated both opponents handily. Both crowds were much larger than what will be at the former RAC on Sunday.
Your life must be pretty pathetic since all you have to do is troll here and then go back to your forum and call our team a shit team ...get a life dude ..no one here wants to hear your opinion about anything....why admins even let you remain is a mystery to me.

Reactions: TRU2RU and Abro1975
pish69 is about the only PSU poster who has given a reasonable take of this thing, and he did so on the BWI board as well. Most of these guys PSU guys blast us on their own board, and then tone it down a bit over here so they don't get banned.

Sorry bout that. I was responding to one of the other PSU fans and thought he was the OP. My bad.

pish69 is about the only PSU poster who has given a reasonable take of this thing, and he did so on the BWI board as well. Most of these guys PSU guys blast us on their own board, and then tone it down a bit over here so they don't get banned.

I'm just happy the match is over..now I can go back to rooting for both teams. I try to be objective as I can..there are comments on this site that bother me "the Ped State stuff" which is uncalled for. At the same time, some guys really hate on Rutgers on BWI with the "Jersey Shore" comments and Italian jokes.

I try to stay out of that talk as much as I can

It's tough being a passionate fan of two teams!

Now if anyone wants to gang up on tOSU, I'm all for it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT