ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall still stinks

kennyschiano

All Conference
Gold Member
May 12, 2005
They go out and get great recruits, hire a shady NY character as a coach to get them, and they still stink. 15-9, 5-7 big east.

We at least have a reason for stinking - no investment in bball due to investment in football - which will lead to big 10 money down the road. seton hall just stinks and its their only sport!

It reminds me of last year's RU team with David Cox and Jerome Seagears not meshing with Eddie.

Originally posted by BKIn118:
Hard to piss all over a team that crushed us at their place this season...no?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I agree.

I mean in-state fan bases do it all the time but I'm not claiming TV money as a victory. At least not yet.

not really - we're not supposed to be good. we weren't supposed to be good. and we haven't done anything to become good. they have.

Originally posted by kennyschiano:

not really - we're not supposed to be good. we weren't supposed to be good. and we haven't done anything to become good. they have.
Have to agree with Kenny here.

The schadenfreude meter runneth over

This post was edited on 2/11 3:28 PM by PatrickRU92

Rutgers was supposed to be bad...SHU looked rosy for a NCAA bid a few weeks ago and now they will struggle to make the nit. Willard has been there 5 years with no NCAA, a player is leaving during the season, and major infighting in the lockerroom...I would say its time to throw salt in wounds..their situation is in turmoil going forward

This board and Seton Hall threads reminds me of the FB board and Penn St threads.
Looks like some consider the Hall rivals and are keeping up with what happens in South Orange
cUvCqhO.gif

. . . and yet they still crushed us by almost 30 points. Enough said!

I have a hard time criticizing a opponent that destroyed Rutgers .If Seton Hall stinks ,its hard to come up with the one word that best describes Rutgers.

They did crush us, but I am enjoying this because I am sure they laughed at us with mike Rice.

Kenny 10-15 2-10 stinks, actually I am being kind there is another word to describe your team this year and your so called program do u remember who beat you 81-54??
It might take you two seasons to win 15 games, this year and next year.LOL
This post was edited on 2/11 6:14 PM by Flnj86

At the end of the season, if the best thing SHU has going for them is beating us by 30.... Then it's a bad season. They have to make the tournament in order for it to not be a failure.

This post was edited on 2/11 8:42 PM by biazza38

Originally posted by Flnj86:
Kenny 10-15 2-10 stinks, actually I am being kind there is another word to describe your team this year and your so called program do u remember who beat you 81-54??
It might take you two seasons to win 15 games, this year and next year.LOL
This post was edited on 2/11 6:14 PM by Flnj86
"LOL"

which team's fans are more disappointed right now?

smile.r191677.gif

Do you realize how many freshmen are contributing at Seton Hall this year. Next year your two best players are gone.

^yes, we do realize how many contributors are freshmen. Except Sina is already gone.Mobley is graduating. Whitehead is about to get paid. Gibbs is graduating, so it's a possibility he leaves. And you signed no one in the during the early signing period. Sounds like a good situation to me.

Originally posted by RU-ROCS:
. . . and yet they still crushed us by almost 30 points. Enough said!
and Rutgers beat Wisconsin...both are pretty meaningless if you don't make the NCAA tourney. RU fans knew how bad we were going to be. SHU had expectations and they heightened with the fast start, now you have an implosion occurring and the fallout is going to be ugly

and Rutgers beat Wisconsin...both are pretty meaningless if you don't make the NCAA tourney. RU fans knew how bad we were going to be. SHU had expectations and they heightened with the fast start, now you have an implosion occurring and the fallout is going to be ugly

Exactly. Rutgers had wisconsin, shu had nova. Like you said, from the beginning SHU had "more talent" and thus higher expectations. For a roster like that, you think NCAA is definitely in the works. Doesn't seem like it anymore though.

Sucks. I think after this season you see IW say fudge this and try to go to NBA/d league/overseas. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 people transfer.
:

Originally posted by Flnj86:
Do you realize how many freshmen are contributing at Seton Hall this year. Next year your two best players are gone.
But your locker-room is a mess and the team seems not to like each other and some on the roster now will be elsewhere next season if Willard doesn't stop the infighting.
Sima is gone, Gibbs might go , Whitehead is unhappy and probably the Hall might have more problems like that with some of the other players.
There is something drastically wrong when a player who is supposably not a problem child packs it up in mid season and states he's looking for a new home and another player implies he's only going to look out for himself, not the team.

My guess is Tiny might want more say in decisions than he is being given and locker-room has some players siding with him while others are on Willard's side
Seton Hall seems like it's starting to self destruct and might not be just game-day coaching causing it.
Sometimes hiring a assistant that has been used to wielding all the power doesn't work out as planned when
his voice is just one in the crowd.

Neither fanbase has anything to celebrate these days except the new lows suffered by the other.

Not really. As far as I know, no one in this thread was on the floor that night. Had they been, that is a different story. As it is, we are all just fans. Recognizing Shoe sucks is seperate from recognizing the same in Rutgers.

Expectations are irrelevant here. We suck in ways almost unimaginable. We are god-awful, and they beat the living crap out of us.

But the bottom line is, it sure is fun watching their season unravel, spiral out of control, wind up in a heap on the cutting-room floor instead of cutting down nets. It's just plain fun.

That's why it's a rivalry. We suck. We are awful. Doesn't matter if we expected it; we suck. Bad. But it's still fun to watch them fall apart before our eyes.

That's called a rivalry.

As much as I'd like to pile on SHU at this point the fact remains that after 24 games they still have something to play for this season.

We may learn more when they play at Providence ( 17-8, 7-5 ) today at 4PM. Friars favored by 7.5 points at home. I may watch this one to see what unfolds.

Would love to see Willard self destruct.

While it may be fun for some of you to watch our situation unravel, it was nothing compared to what happened at your school with Mike Rice. The important thing to remember is that you got beat by 30 this year with primarily freshman playing, we will end up with a better overall win percentage, and the small percentage to play in the NIT or NCAA. Rutgers can't say that.

Enjoy and gloat over what is happening at our school at the end of the season we will get the last laugh!

Originally posted by Fzacsattac:
While it may be fun for some of you to watch our situation unravel, it was nothing compared to what happened at your school with Mike Rice. The important thing to remember is that you got beat by 30 this year with primarily freshman playing, we will end up with a better overall win percentage, and the small percentage to play in the NIT or NCAA. Rutgers can't say that.

Enjoy and gloat over what is happening at our school at the end of the season we will get the last laugh!

One thing has nothing to do with the other. and the "situation with Mike Rice" was A. overblown and B. Dealt with.

Originally posted by RUCONN:
Originally posted by Fzacsattac:

One thing has nothing to do with the other. and the "situation with Mike Rice" was A. overblown and B. Dealt with.
+1

Here's the deal. We stink . We know we stink. We are upset about our stinkage.

you 1 month ago were SHOE-ins (
laugh.r191677.gif
my own little pun thank you!) for the Tourney. Now NIT might be a stretch. And while our fans have to come to grips with our reality, SHOE fans are just on the cusp of their meltdown with perhaps the best parts yet to dome. So pardon us for us our schadenfreudian (not a real word but dammit it fits) behavior. Not like you guys aren't chuckling over our mess.

Originally posted by Knightmoves:
As much as I'd like to pile on SHU at this point the fact remains that after 24 games they still have something to play for this season.

We may learn more when they play at Providence ( 17-8, 7-5 ) today at 4PM. Friars favored by 7.5 points at home. I may watch this one to see what unfolds.

Would love to see Willard self destruct.
I think we can finally agree on something amigo.

also love the "your team sucks more than we suck" defense. it would be like two criminals arguing, "I was booked for murder" orreally? well "you murdered more people so your worse"

Originally posted by kennyschiano:
They go out and get great recruits, hire a shady NY character as a coach to get them, and they still stink. 15-9, 5-7 big east.

We at least have a reason for stinking - no investment in bball due to investment in football - which will lead to big 10 money down the road. seton hall just stinks and its their only sport!
You haven't made the ncaa tournament in 24 years. 24 years. Come on man how can you make fun of anyone?

Last 4 minutes of SHU vs Providence, close game, Whitehead flat out ignored even looking to pass the ball to an open Gibbs on two straight possessions, who was wide open at three point line......first one was a turnover on a forced pass out of bounds in traffic.....the next one, Whitehead forced up a 3 and made it while SHU was down 9....the third time Whitehead ignored him, Gibbs didn't even look at Whitehead during a late timeout.....on the 4th potential time, when game was pretty much over but still a slight chance (down 6 with 20 secs left), Gibbs then ignored Whitehead wide open to his right, with space near the 3 point line, where Gibbs forced a pass to his left to Manga, a player who cannot shoot or score from 3.....

Providence missed about 20 chippies from 6 feet in and was an ugly game overall, but with better chemistry, as bad as PC played this was a game Seton Hall could have stolen if not for this bad mix of players......Can't see Gibbs staying after this year, this was a game that could've gotten SHU back on track, after a bad week press wise, but these two kids clearly don't appear to want to help each other and their season which could've easily should have been an NCAA bid in a relatively balanced but not overwhelming Big East, goes down the proverbial drain (barring a Big East tourney win)......

This is pretty common on a lot of teams around the country with personnel conflicts, but this one was as blatant and obvious because you have two high level guards that could dominate in this league, seemingly self destruct.....SHU defense was clearly better most of the game without Sina as well.

Providence is a really strong team in my book and the game was close essentially until the end, and Seton Hall has a bunch of freshman playing with the exception of Mobley and Gibbs.

If Rutgers started Foreman, Williams and Sanders at Providence, what results could we expect?

If Desi, Carrington, Whitehead and Delgado stick around, they are an NCAA tournament team.

Seton Hall fans want Willard gone but you have to let your freshman become sophomores ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT