ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Thread - Portal Now Open (Chol, Simpson, Wolf, Mag, Cliff, Griffiths)

I said it before…they expect him to be a ‘shooter’ without running any plays for open shots (staggers, down screens, baseline to corner)…we literally run a ballscreen and hope someone makes a play every possession on offense…95% of this guys shots were contested this year..what ‘shooter’ wants to play like that?
What actual good "shooter" is left alone for open looks. Shooters make contested shots look easy. Also, Gavin was not good at off the ball movement which is 75% of getting those open looks.

My expectations have dropped so much. Can easily see us missing the tournament again next year. Especially if we miss out on a top big.

If anyone is willing to pay the kid “top dollar” based on anything he did last season well he should jump on it and cash in immediately. Rutgers should not be ponying up over bringing in proven portal players though. We can’t afford to go all in on him when next year is our big chance with Dylan and Ace. We need proven players.
I can understand that...but unless it's something crazy I'd hold on to Gavin the risk vs the possible reward makes me think you should hold on to this asset.

I can understand that...but unless it's something crazy I'd hold on to Gavin the risk vs the possible reward makes me think you should hold on to this asset.

I’m not disagreeing in principle, but it’s not as simple as that.

Listen to Richie’s podcast. They flat out state this isn’t about NIL. They say Gavin is supposed to have a meeting with Pike to discuss his PT concerns for next year (or something to that effect).

So no - this isn’t a simple case of throwing a security pile of NIL money Gavin’s way as a sort of “retention bonus” to keep the kid parked here. The kid is obviously concerned about the caliber of portal kids we’re targeting. Ironically, he probably would’ve felt more secure if we kept Derek and Chol around.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
This is the experienced version of Lathan Sommerville. With more schools like Uconn, now looking at Amari Williams. Wouldn't hate RU reaching out to Lampkin

C J Wilcher shot 39.4% from 3 this season, coming off the bench for Nebraska. If he came here, the biggest advantage for Rutgers might be that every opposing player at Jersey Mike’s would have to deal with nonstop ear splitting banshee screaming during every free throw they attempted….

C J Wilcher shot 39.4% from 3 this season, coming off the bench for Nebraska. If he came here, the biggest advantage for Rutgers might be that every opposing player at Jersey Mike’s would have to deal with nonstop ear splitting banshee screaming during every free throw they attempted….
Doesn't his brother- Simeon play for St John's? Pretty Ricky probably lured CJ out to the Portal

It is going to reach the point that Seinfeld joked about she we are rooting for laundry. First game of the season and you won't recognize 70% of the roster, rather than watching them develop over the years. Just that year's mercenaries.

Thanks Gio!

Another good Big man in the portal. But Dusty May is probably trying to get him to Michigan

St. Joe's is a fantastic landing spot for Derek. Gets to play in front of family and friends. I might catch a couple St. Joe's games and watch him next year. They're the one Philly school I generally like.

Reactions: Scangg
Seems like a perfect fit. One year older and the A10. Think he’ll do well there.

The portal reminds me of the nfl draft. You have your own ideas on what the team should do. But its completely the opposite- of what the organization has in mind lol

Reactions: Wagram97 and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT