ADVERTISEMENT

US News 2020 (annoying)

Salvi's Headband

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
I know US news rankings are stupid, but let's be honest: suburban parents worship the stupid things. So it's annoying to me that we went from 56, ranked ahead of PSU, Pitt, Purdue, tied with Ohio State, etc., to #62 and behind all of those places. What changed? Who knows?

I know US news rankings are stupid, but let's be honest: suburban parents worship the stupid things. So it's annoying to me that we went from 56, ranked ahead of PSU, Pitt, Purdue, tied with Ohio State, etc., to #62 and behind all of those places. What changed? Who knows?

Schools are separated by very, very small differences in raw scores. So a drop of this amount really doesn't mean anything.

Rutgers benefitted from the change in methodology last year. This year those other schools made adjustments.

Who cares? The NJ suburban McMansioner doesn't. Rutgers is relatively affordable and won't put you in crippling debt. Rutgers is nearby. Rutgers has ethnic diversity. Rutgers is set in a city where a lot of people have high quantities of melanin. It won't matter if USNWR ranks the school in the top 25. Because of all these aforementioned reasons, Rutgers will never be considered seriously.

Reactions: Salvi's Headband

The significant fluctuations year-to-year is another indication that these ratings are suspect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT