ADVERTISEMENT

Vera Jones , game color commentator:

I posted this back in Sept. 2018, Great watch, puts many things in perspective these days. Only 8 minutes long. Always loved her WBB announcing, especially when she does our games. Hopefully she still works for BTN. scroll through intro down to video.

https://verasvoiceworks.com/?v=1d20b5ff1ee9

Not sure why you would say you hope she still works for BTN when she was on BTN for our game today, and last week, and that's why we are talking about her.

PS- thanks for posting that clip. I'd never seen it before. It is very inspirational.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletteK80
Cause i copied and pasted my post from Sept. 18th. I wasn't sure since it was pre-season if she would would be doing WBB anymore, or just doing her motivational speaking. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: Abro1975
Also loved Vera's line about rejection! She definitely adds some levity to the games she does.
2 good ones today.
Northwestern player gets stuffed down low by player named "cocoa?" And she goes
"Co Co says NO NO!" Lol.

Just before in nebby v. Purdue another block and she channels the Soup Nazi with a "No soup for you!" line.

That line about OhioSt player needing counseling for 'rejection' after having her shot blocked by Carey was one of the funniest comments that I’ve heard in some time. Great win

Vera Jones is my favorite BB commentator !

I’ve always loved Vera, going back to our Big East days!

That line about OhioSt player needing counseling for 'rejection' after having her shot blocked by Carey was one of the funniest comments that I’ve heard in some time. Great win

Vera Jones is my favorite BB commentator !
She does do an awesome job!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT