ADVERTISEMENT

War breaking out between Christie and Codey/Murphy Could work in our favor, you can help

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

So now Dick Codey has come out to basically discredit Christie’s statement he made of GS and Christie responded calling Codey a something like a “back bench politician”. This could be a blessing as the dems might wanna just do what is completely opposite of christie as always.

Anyway, Murphy’s office has indicated you send them evidence of you withdrawing donations/canceling season tix and the financial harm that NOT hiring schiano would bring. Use this link as the constituents.relations@nj.gov and also constituent.relations@nj.gov doesnt work. So use https://nj.gov/governor/contact/

here was my message,

Governor Murphy,

In the wake of Pat Hobbs and Dr. Barchi’s mishandling of the football interview process, especially in particular with how Greg Schiano has been treated I have decided to discontinue my donations and my season tickets to the program.

I am 29 year-old donor and now former season ticket holder for Rutgers Football. I had notified the RFund that upon Schiano’s hiring I would be making a donation of $10,000 and upping my season ticket total from 2 to 8 seats as 6 non-Rutgers alum friends who think fondly of Schiano were excited to join me if Schiano was brought back.

Not hiring Greg Schiano is going to be a catastrophic financial decision that will cost the University and the state well over $100,000,000 over the next 5 years. Pat Hobbs is on record saying that for every 10,000 season tickets sold that would make Rutgers $4.5 million. Therefore, that essentially values each sold ticket at roughly $65. 10,000 tix (x) 7 home games = 70,000 solid tix. $4,500,000/ 70,000 = roughly $65/tix.

Based on historical figures, it is fair to opine that a Greg Schiano led team would sell 25,000 tix more per game than a team not coached by Greg Schiano. That’s an extra 175,000 tix sold per year and an extra 875,000 tix sold over 5 years and at $65 each, this is a loss of revenue of roughly $57,000,000 over 5 years. Thats just tix revenue. Every season ticket also includes a mandatory seat donation in which the median amount is $250. So of the 25,000 extra tix sold per game with Schiano as head coach, lets assume 15,000 of those are from additional season ticket holders, that’s now a loss of 15,000 (x) $250 = $3.75 per season or an additional roughly $19,000,000 over the course of 5 years. So just between lost tix sales and seat donations, it’s a cost to the University and the state of NJ of $76,000,000 over 5 years. This doesn’t even account for the loss of donation money which could over the course of 5 years top $50,000,000 in itself as prominent alums are taking Rutgers out of their wills and just not donating any more all together.

Governor Murphy if only for simple fiscal reasons, I beg of you to intervene. You’re our only hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News