ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend series verse MSU

2 men on now after a Brito walk. Needs 2 more outs.
Field covered in shadows, guess no lights there.

6-4 ru up

I followed the game with gametracker by Michigan State and their radio broadcast. Here is hoping we can get one more W tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abro1975
Hope the weather cooperates tomorrow , otherwise the team plays Easter Sunday. Heatter goes next. A sweep would be nice !

PS- HEATTER is a great name for a pitcher !

Last edited:
Double plays erase walks and HBP’s.

Remember one thing boys, you notice the HBP’s are up!
Well, we have a new pitching coach who likes the boys to pitch inside, you’ll win more games than you’ll lose if you can establish that inside 3rd of the plate.
You may hit some elbows, wrists and shoulders while your at at, but as Goose used to say, F—k the hitters

Well, we have a new pitching coach who likes the boys to pitch inside, you’ll win more games than you’ll lose if you can establish that inside 3rd of the plate.
You may hit some elbows, wrists and shoulders while your at at, but as Goose used to say, F—k the hitters

They don't make many like Goose anymore, lol.

Let’s get the sweep. Our top three pitchers have been pretty good so far

Haven't really followed baseball but is this the same coach that some people were down on or wanted to get rid of? Did he just need some time to get things going?

Haven't really followed baseball but is this the same coach that some people were down on or wanted to get rid of? Did he just need some time to get things going?
I don’t know anything about him, but apparently recruiting was down. No clue why recruiting seems to be better with this class, but it looks like the addition of our pitching coach is helping a lot

Reactions: tfio
I don’t know anything about him, but apparently recruiting was down. No clue why recruiting seems to be better with this class, but it looks like the addition of our pitching coach is helping a lot
A good pitching coach is as important to baseball as a competent OC is in football.
At the major college level, successful high school pitchers can and will get their brains beat in and have zero answers on their own...they need to be taught to pitch in, waist pitches, change speeds, save their out pitch for when you need it, pitch back asswards (breaking balls behind in the count)
I believe our new PC is the difference

A good pitching coach is as important to baseball as a competent OC is in football.
At the major college level, successful high school pitchers can and will get their brains beat in and have zero answers on their own...they need to be taught to pitch in, waist pitches, change speeds, save their out pitch for when you need it, pitch back asswards (breaking balls behind in the count)
Definitely! He has an impressive resume

Zap’s right about having a good pitching coach. Most top high schools pitchers win because they are much better than the hitters they are facing. They just throw. When they get to college they need to learn how to pitch because they are now facing hitters with comparable talent.

Reactions: biazza38

We walked/HPB-in 4 runs Sunday against PSU and, I believe, and 4 of MSU’s 6 total runs yesterday. I get what you’re saying, and with guys who HAVE control it’s a great strategy no question, however, that’s TOO many walked-in runs wouldn’t you agree?

The BIG Problem is that they’re doing it consecutively, one after the other, after the other, so it appears to be a mental thing more than anything else.

Game today postponed until tomorrow.

Gives our closer Brito an extra day of rest after saving both games yesterday.

Funny thing is the Maryland at Michigan LAX is on BTN now, Ann Arbor is an hour way from MSU, and the weather is fine there.

Oh well, Ill check out RU Softball vs Penn St at 1 on BTN+

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
Absolutely & as you said have to come inside.

I followed the game with gametracker by Michigan State and their radio broadcast. Here is hoping we can get one more W tomorrow.
It’s Sunday and going for a sweep ... we will break the curse and get the sweep!!!

Gimme 4 of next 5:

Nova, LaSalle(3), Lafayette ALL at home puts us at 19-11(4-2) going to Illinois for 3 HUGE games.

Maybe next time ... I will take losing on Sundays if it means winning the series each time!!!!!
Just checked ... RU is 1-4 on Sunday when going for a split ... so sweeping on a Sunday did happen!!!!!

Baseball RPI slides from 102 to 113 despite winning 2 of 3 on the road (#242 Michigan State in East Lansing). The #232 Princeton loss ... O-U-C-H.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT