ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA 2021 Season, and how Erica Wheeler, Betnijah Laney, Epiphanny Prince, Kahleah Copper, and Arella Guirantes are doing.

Bon1674, I saw a bunch of pics of Arella, and team late last night. I hadn't been on Facebook for a few days. I've been following her on FB for a couple of years. I made a comment to her, and her mom answered me, but she deleted her mom's post. She looked very involved with her new friends, I was glad to see.

Chicago(Copper) beat/destroyed NY Liberty(Laney) in a totally one sided game. Poor Betnijah was the only bright spot for NY. Chicago is gonna be tough with Candace Parker back.

I feel badly for Arella.I had said in my post during the draft that I thought she was too slow for the pros and that backing down on her opponent would not work in the pros. I had hoped I was wrong and said I would gladly eat crow if I was wrong. I had wished she would have come back for the free year but I am sure she had enough of school.

Kahleah(Chicago) vs NY Liberty(Betnijah). YES network tonight 7PM. Can both teams win?

I feel badly for Arella.I had said in my post during the draft that I thought she was too slow for the pros and that backing down on her opponent would not work in the pros. I had hoped I was wrong and said I would gladly eat crow if I was wrong. I had wished she would have come back for the free year but I am sure she had enough of school.
Yes, I too felt she would have a tough time carving out a niche in the W. It's soooo competitive. I really hope the draft mystery has not had a lingering effect on her mentally. She hasn't looked very confident in any of the action that she has seen with the Sparks so far. If she doesn't stick there, hopefully she gets another look in a place that is a better fit. My gut tells me, she needs a different situation and coach.

At least she will be able to make some money overseas in the offseason. She'll be a star somewhere. And maybe she considers the Olympics playing for Puerto Rico??? I wonder if D. Fisher would hold it against her if she did pursue it.

Last edited:
Also,.......................the whole Jordan ad campaign has got to be a huge boost in regard to helping her stick with a team/program of significance, here or abroad.

Great game for Kahleah last night. Being able to play with Parker now will elevate her game IMO. Betnijah had a good game but gets little help from the hapless Liberty team.

It was reported that the current Rutgers team came to Barclay's Center to see the former RU player's shine. How great is that?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Liberty beat Atlanta, Betnijah had 28! Betnijah got knocked down, looked badly injured, then got up. She then shot the FT's on the flagrant that was called against Atl. player.
Ryan Ruocco couldn't stop raving about how great Laney was, and there were even several Rutgers mentions as well. Great free press on the widely watched YES network.

Last edited:
Reactions: eso1989
Where is that listed?

Was tweeted by RU WBB and Essence made a comment about CVSkids as well.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Well, it looks like Arella is getting used to living out west. If she ever gets cut(hopefully not) she can always be a model, or ESPN host.

Arella has had a bumpy rookie season, as have nearly all rookies this year tbh. She did have one of her best games against Seattle, right before the break, where she played almost the entire 4thQ in a tight contest. Hopefully the break gives her time to get more acquainted with the Sparks system.

Arella has had a bumpy rookie season, as have nearly all rookies this year tbh. She did have one of her best games against Seattle, right before the break, where she played almost the entire 4thQ in a tight contest. Hopefully the break gives her time to get more acquainted with the Sparks system.
hope it's just being a rookie, not all have great first years as a pro but go on to having a good career.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Given that max number of players on a WNBA roster is 12, and there only 12 teams, it is brutally difficult to make a roster.
That there are many foreign players in the league complicates things. When the Ogwumike sisters(that play for LA) come back from Olympics we will see if Arella remains there.
If not, look at Betnijah and how long it took her to make a team before she found a home with the Liberty in New York.

8/15 schedule of games. Kahleah on ABC 4pm, Betnijah on YES network at 7pm.
Let the race begin!
4:00 PM ET
Complete schedule

What a joy to watch. Chicago wins in OT. Kahleah was just outstanding in my unbiased opinion. Prince for Seattle also had a great game. Hated for either team to lose. Many RU mentions in a nationally televised game.

Results for all games.
Betnijah with an ok game, but, Minny was just to strong for them.

Scores from last night.
Good games from Kahleah, and Wheeler, starting to flex her muscles out in LA. Arella glued to bench in LA's OT win, wonder how long she will stay on their outstanding team.

Last edited:
Liberty pull it out with seconds left on a shot by Betnijah.
Her stats were amazing, 17pts, 7 boards, 8 assists in 35 minutes. She also did the after game interview, so well spoken, and smart, must have gone to a great college. Her D was also good.

Laney, Copper, Wheeler, Prince all having very solid starts to the WNBA Second Half. with Bird and Stewart out, Prince has been given more PT, and she has delivered.

Erica was way off, and Arella DNP, again for LA.

NY Liberty lose to LA, home @Barclays with no fans allowed due to weather. Not a great game for Betnijah. Erica ended up with 17, but didn't have a great 1st half. Arella DNP again.
Piph with very limited playing in Seattle's win over Washington.

Last edited:
Show down at Barclay's tonight. Phoenix with Taurasi, and Griner. We will see if Kia gets any minutes in her homecoming.
Televised on YES as Yankees are off. Game at 7PM. Hope that Betnijah has a better game than her last one.

Kahleah went crazy good tonight. She just went off, and Chicago won. She scored 26 points, and of course her D was great as well.

Copper scores 26 points, Sky rally to beat Storm 73-69

Kahleah Copper matched her career high with 26 points on 10-for-16 shooting and the Chicago
Betnijah had an ok game, but the Liberty lost again.

Last edited:
Kahleah went crazy good tonight. She just went off, and Chicago won. She scored 26 points, and of course her D was great as well.

Copper scores 26 points, Sky rally to beat Storm 73-69

Kahleah Copper matched her career high with 26 points on 10-for-16 shooting and the Chicago
Betnijah had an ok game, but the Liberty lost again.
Kia got good minutes with Griner injured; she scored 9. I didn't watch the game, don't know how she played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT