ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA 2021 Season, and how Erica Wheeler, Betnijah Laney, Epiphanny Prince, Kahleah Copper, and Arella Guirantes are doing.

Kia got good minutes with Griner injured; she scored 9. I didn't watch the game, don't know how she played.
Yep, she had 11 rebounds as well. Great to see her play so well. I wish she was always getting more minutes. But as long as Griner is in beast mode.....

Chicago/Kahleah beat the Las Vegas Aces. Therefore, they were able to secure a spot in the playoffs. She went down hard in the 1st two minutes of game, and was on the floor grabbing her knee. Hopefully it is nothing serious. She continues to defy gravity, and her speed is amazing.
Final, 92-84.

Great game for Betnijah, high scorer for Liberty with 19 points. Liberty lost 77-76 to Dallas. Well, Liberty should get a decent draft pick.

NY Liberty beat Washington Mystics 91-80. Betnijah had a poor shooting night but finished with a double double
with 10 points, and 11 assists.
Chicago got beaten by Vegas 103-70. Kaleah had 18.

NY Liberty beat Washington Mystics 91-80. Betnijah had a poor shooting night but finished with a double double
with 10 points, and 11 assists.
Chicago got beaten by Vegas 103-70. Kaleah had 18.
Wouldn't it be nice if Betnijah and Sabrina could have strong games on the same night. Along with Howard.

They need some offensive sets that will get people open or in advantageous positions. Perimeter players are too often expected to beat the defender off the dribble to initiate the offense. Teams have been ready for it and the Liberty don't adjust. That's why they usually have so many turnovers. That aspect of the coaching has been disappointing. Good win tonight though! Nice strong finish!.

And Kahleah's game is soooooo beautiful to watch. I just can't figure out that team though. Very inconsistent.

Let the playoffs begin
8 PM Chicago Sky with Kahleah Copper vs Dallas Wings on ESPN2
10PM New York Liberty with Betnijah Laney vs Phoenix Mercury with Kia Vaughn ESPN2

Let the playoffs begin
8 PM Chicago Sky with Kahleah Copper vs Dallas Wings on ESPN2
10PM New York Liberty with Betnijah Laney vs Phoenix Mercury with Kia Vaughn ESPN2
Both Copper and Laney had great games including Laney hitting the shot to tie in last few seconds but Libs lost on a free throw by Turner in last sec. Copper was pivotal for the Sky win but not so dramatic. So, Copper moves on for Chi as well as Vaughn who had very limited action for Phx.
In between games, they mentioned Laney and Copper as CV Stringer players, in the studio analyses.

Reactions: Bon1674 and MADHAT1
Can you say KAHLEAH COPPER!! What a performance for her/Chicago to get the win vs Minny, at Minny, 89-76.
In 29 minutes she went 6-11, and 2-4 from three for 16 points. In addition, she had 10 rebounds which was high total for both teams.
In the earlier game Phoenix beat Seattle in OT 85-80. Was this the last game of their careers as far as Bird, and Taurasi?

Reactions: Bon1674
Reminder, Phoenix(Kia Vaughn) vs Las Vegas is on at 9PM, ESPN2. Winner faces Chicago(Kahleah F. Copper) in the finals.

Great, great game tonight. Refs let them play, and it was a rough battle all game long. Taurasi+Griner were in beast mode all night. Phoenix pulls out the win over Vegas 87-84.
So, it will be Phoenix vs Chicago Sunday at 3PM on ABC. Copper, and Taurasi will be some matchup. ESPN very nice interview with Kahleah during halftime.

Great, great game tonight. Refs let them play, and it was a rough battle all game long. Taurasi+Griner were in beast mode all night. Phoenix pulls out the win over Vegas 87-84.
So, it will be Phoenix vs Chicago Sunday at 3PM on ABC. Copper, and Taurasi will be some matchup. ESPN very nice interview with Kahleah during halftime.
It was a good interview with K. Copper although I was a little bit worried when she took so long to answer the last question. She clearly was thinking hard but she came across as articulate and thoughtful.
With regard to the game, I thought it was a pretty rough game and it will be interesting to see how the Finals are officiated. Kia Vaughn did not have much to contribute in this game. Sad to hear that Kia Nurse got a torn ACL in the previous game and is out. But that has to help the Sky a bit.
At least one RU grad is guaranteed to win a ring.
Go RU!

Who are you rooting for in this final? It has been such an outstanding WNBA Playoffs from the first round matches to this final.

I'm leaning toward the Sky, mainly because of Kahleah (sorry KiaV., I still love you too). But Kahleah has played so well while taking it to another level. This must be what it feels like for parents who watch their children compete against each other. Payton and Eli Manning,. Venus and Serena.

The stories of both Candace Parker and Diana Taurasi are great ones but I guess its easier to cheer for Parker because she only burned us once as opposed to UConn's too many times to count. The bball lover in me allows for me to sincerely wish both legends great performances throughout the entire series.

I'll be rooting for Phoenix, it is my WNBA team, as much as I have one. We did a few games before health issues basically ended that. It wasn't convenient, typically required staying in Phoenix overnight, but games were great fun.

And yes, I will be rooting for Kahleah to do well. I like Chicago as a team, but DT and Griner are faves.

I want the Sky to win the championship--don't like the tension of a fifth game, so I want them to win in four. I want Kia to play well and score at least 10 pts in at least one game. I want Kahleah to mesmerise with her moves. I want Candace Parker to get a 5x5. Is that too much to want?

Great 1st half. Chicago on a 17-0 run, they lead 46-35. DT with 3 fouls, all well deserved. So great watching Kia, and Kahleah.
KFC with 7pts, and 5 boards. Parker with 11.

End of 3, Chicago 74 - 61. KFC 16/8. Thanks to ref for finally calling Taurasi for the tech.

Kahleah Copper is the star of the WNBA playoffs--everyone associated with the league is singing her praises and hyping her up (deservedly). The Chicago crowd get audibly excited when she drives to the hoop.

She is about to enter free agency after this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has played her way into a max contract.

Reactions: eso1989 and MADHAT1
It's a beautiful thing to see Kahleah playing with so much confidence and desire to take over games. Looking forward to Game 2.

ADVERTISEMENT