ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLGY 3/4 : NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

it is definitely complicated that is for sure. A few results can change alot. I think Utah and Nova are close enough to the field where those wins are still looked at highly.

PC was 2-4 vs Nova/SJU/SHU. Nova is not getting in with 15 losses....95% on that. The issue is PC will likely lose to UConn and that means they will drop to 9-1 in Q1/2/3 and that is tough to recover from. 10 wins coming from Quad 4 sticks out.....but the biggest factor is your injured player. Like with RU last year the committtee can say it just isnt the same team

what is the projected opponent for PC in the Big East for the opener and beyond.

also keep in mind the USF/Richmond factor currently going on with potentially opening up 2 more slots.
Even though PC had 2-4 record against nova/hall/sj their record against top 3 was better then the others.

That’s the argument!
Nova is the fly in the ointment. You know CBS (Cough cough) NCAA wants Nova in.
Just think too many losses.

shu has the better combo of wins

Nova beat UNC ooc and won at creighton

PC had home wins over Creigh/Marq so no...Nova and shu had better top wins
Yeah I agree as far as them more talking about St John's. BTW you d o a fantastic job with this. Appreciate how you explain how and why you come up with your picks. Pretty sure Palm just throws darts at a dartboard blindfolded. Guy's an embarrassment.

Reactions: PJVegas
Yeah I agree as far as them more talking about St John's. BTW you d o a fantastic job with this. Appreciate how you explain how and why you come up with your picks. Pretty sure Palm just throws darts at a dartboard blindfolded. Guy's an embarrassment.
I think all bracketologists do some internal intuitive thinking but alot either do not put it down in print or in vids. To me Palm does not do enough explain albeit im prolly unaware of the podcasts he goes on

Reactions: friar10
Just fear will bend over backwards to get Nova in.
May want Utah in for more western balance.

Both silly IMO

Why would they care extra about Nova ? Western balance ? Wow !

I'm surprised they have Iowa out-----thought they had enough-----not guaranteed but I thought they have enough. Especially if they beat the Illini.

Reactions: bac2therac
I have always heard Committee wanted balance and some more teams from the West. PAC 10 teams seemingly admitted out of nowhere and surprising all the bracketologists. MW the new west.

In the East, Committee has in many years loved the A10 and if there was a team that could get in, many times they did

All things being equal ask a CBS exec if you want Nova or Providence for ratings? If virtually identical would it really surprise you if they picked Nova.

Billion dollar industry, don’t think CBS has unofficial influence? Good luck with that.

That’s the argument!
Nova is the fly in the ointment. You know CBS (Cough cough) NCAA wants Nova in.
Just think too many losses.
Just curious as to why you think that? I personally think if anything they might favor St John's because of Pitino.

I have always heard Committee wanted balance and some more teams from the West. PAC 10 teams seemingly admitted out of nowhere and surprising all the bracketologists. MW the new west.

In the East, Committee has in many years loved the A10 and if there was a team that could get in, many times they did

All things being equal ask a CBS exec if you want Nova or Providence for ratings? If virtually identical would it really surprise you if they picked Nova.

Billion dollar industry, don’t think CBS has unofficial influence? Good luck with that.
not true

it is definitely complicated that is for sure. A few results can change alot. I think Utah and Nova are close enough to the field where those wins are still looked at highly.

PC was 2-4 vs Nova/SJU/SHU. Nova is not getting in with 15 losses....95% on that. The issue is PC will likely lose to UConn and that means they will drop to 9-1 in Q1/2/3 and that is tough to recover from. 10 wins coming from Quad 4 sticks out.....but the biggest factor is your injured player. Like with RU last year the committtee can say it just isnt the same team

what is the projected opponent for PC in the Big East for the opener and beyond.

also keep in mind the USF/Richmond factor currently going on with potentially opening up 2 more slots.
Just can't understand what the point of breaking games into quads is if they are going to combine them again with this metric. Actually making no difference between quad 1 and quad 3

Just can't understand what the point of breaking games into quads is if they are going to combine them again with this metric. Actually making no difference between quad 1 and quad 3

Because its very important to be a above 500 in q123...very pathetic to be 9-12 and 10-0 in q4 for a power 6 conference school

Last edited:
San Diego State v Boise

Very entertaining
Aztecs lose any shot at a 4. Could be a 6 when all is said and done. Boise could be anywhere from a 6 to 9...could get a co championship should Utah State lose tomorrow...edit they were swept by the Aggies so they really wouldn't be co champs

At the SDSU game. Brutal heave 3 pointer from the hip changed the game. Boise player also jumped from back court no call that no one talking about

Mountain West tournament should be epic

At the SDSU game. Brutal heave 3 pointer from the hip changed the game. Boise player also jumped from back court no call that no one talking about

You may be right !

May have to change my moniker to Mountain West Phil. 😂

I caught the overtime of the Boise - SD St game last night and that half court 3 point swish was insane !

Monmouth as the 8 seed opens up its CAA Conference Tournament at noon Vs 9 seed Campbell.

Game not televised.

1 seed Charleston lurks for the winner.

Monday semis and Tuesday championship game being televised by cbs sports if I recall.

To tell you the truth Aztecs are sagging...almost all of their mwc wins were at home and now they lost at home

Reactions: Scangg
FAU up on Memphis 41-35...win for Owls here will lock them up for a bid while Memphis absolutely needs this to keep their slim hopes alive

St Johns struggling vs Georgetown up only 26-24 in first half.

FAU up on Memphis 41-35...win for Owls here will lock them up for a bid while Memphis absolutely needs this to keep their slim hopes alive

St Johns struggling vs Georgetown up only 26-24 in first half.
Good night Memphis unless they win the conference tournament.

Monmouth as the 8 seed opens up its CAA Conference Tournament at noon Vs 9 seed Campbell.

Game not televised.

1 seed Charleston lurks for the winner.

Monday semis and Tuesday championship game being televised by cbs sports if I recall.
Monmouth wins big !

Bring on Charleston !

Reactions: King of S
top seeded High Point goes down to Longwood in the Big South semis. 80-79. UNC Asheville takes on Gardner Webb for the right to face Longwood in the finals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT